MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EVIN 209
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author EVIN 209
chimologic
HOLY CRAP THIS THING RULES.
ndkent
I understand the Harvestman has 4 channel expansion in mind given the Stilton connector.

That understood I'm finding the knobs a bit tightly set. I would be completely accepting of that if it were a 5x5 matrix, something that seems like there is enough room for given the knob current knob spacing.

I bought one, and that said I presume Doepfer will have their like $190? U.S. retail module with all the same features (4x4, switched uni/bi-polar) other than the Stilton interface some time later in the year.
NV
I've been thinking of getting one as well. What sort of uses have you found for it? Any particular reasons you like it so much?
ndkent
It's very suitable for feedback networks.
tragedybysyntax
Honestly I'm still kind of trying to figure it out, lol. I always get really cool results but.... I get a lil overwhelmed when I have 4 pedals plugged in. I'll go to twist a knob and it'll do something unexpected. Just need to spend more time with it I suppose. smile
chimologic
yeah just tried 4 different modules that take cv all going in the ins and then the outs into the cv inputs. so yeah creates a really nice feedback / layered cv control network.

there are many other uses of course, like combining several cv sources as inputs and adjust different levels (even substracting) into different vco's/filters,etc with the outputs going into their cv inputs...
Veqtor
I'm thinking I should do a patch-recallable morphing polarizing matrix-mixer... Too many projects, not enough time...
wetterberg
feedback networks == always more fun when time-based effects are involved!

Delay
Reverb
Phaser
Flanger

- add just one of these in there and watch the whole thing take off!
w00t
ndkent
Would have wished for a bit of a dead zone in bipolar mode. I can't find a spot where a little sound isn't coming through. Of course I could switch to the normal mode where I can totally mute the sound at 0, but then I miss out on the polarized mixing capability.

Though I was thinking that if I patch 4 VCAs in then that would add another degree of input control as well as be able to mute an input since the bipolar mode can't.
dkcg
ndkent wrote:
Would have wished for a bit of a dead zone in bipolar mode. I can't find a spot where a little sound isn't coming through. Of course I could switch to the normal mode where I can totally mute the sound at 0, but then I miss out on the polarized mixing capability.

Though I was thinking that if I patch 4 VCAs in then that would add another degree of input control as well as be able to mute an input since the bipolar mode can't.

You mean like a QMMG? SlayerBadger!

you could put in front or back of the Evin.

So far one of my favorite things has been to use a sequential switch with the outputs, audio or CVs. And also to use as a mixer to get 4 versions of audio or gates out of the Zorlon.
felix
dkcg wrote:
And also to use as a mixer to get 4 versions of audio or gates out of the Zorlon.

HAWT! SlayerBadger! I can't wait for my Evin to arrive.
felix
felix wrote:
dkcg wrote:
And also to use as a mixer to get 4 versions of audio or gates out of the Zorlon.

My Evin showed up last night and this was the first thing that I did, SO much fun!
dkcg
felix wrote:
felix wrote:
dkcg wrote:

My Evin showed up last night and this was the first thing that I did, SO much fun!

I'm not sure if the A-152 (I don't have one) or which modules can do this , but one thing I really like doing with those 4 submixes is to run them through my Analogue Systems sequential switch. quarter notes or triplets of zorlon->Evin->Seq switch. Even nicer with a delay after that.

Feeding a mix back into itself can result in some chaotic but interesting things, just watch them levels and which channels you're mixing.
berfmurret
after finally sitting down and having a few jam sessions and figuring this thing (and the stilton) out i am geekin.

i had my doubts - didn't see these two modules as essential - but this feedback console will never leave my rack. never ever never ever.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1