MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plague Bearer FM?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Plague Bearer FM?
Repeater
I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple of barebones bearers. Just wondering how the PB responds to audio rate CV. Can anyone direct me to a sound clip or make one real quick?

Also, wondering what's the highest voltage that the CV ins can take without blowing up. I plan to abuse...
CursedFrogurt
Repeater wrote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple of barebones bearers. Just wondering how the PB responds to audio rate CV. Can anyone direct me to a sound clip or make one real quick?

Also, wondering what's the highest voltage that the CV ins can take without blowing up. I plan to abuse...

I don't know what the highest voltage CV ins can take, but it tends to spit out some pretty hot signals, and I've fed the PB standalone back into itself out the wazoo and had no ill effects.

I'll wham up something with some FM on the CV's for you in a few minutes.

[edit] Here we go!
[s]http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/pbfm[/s]

First I fade in the audio signal being processed by the PB (Anti-Osc), and then the PB modulator (AFG). I then fade in the PB output, without any modulation. I play around with the High knob. Then I plug the AFG into the High input on the PB, and off we go. I start off by changing the modulation depth with channel 2 of the Maths. The I manually tweak the frequency of the AFG. Next, I put some wogglebug stepped voltages into the pitch cv of the Anti, and then the AFG. A little bit later, I invert the pitch CV to the AFG. Finally, I switch the modulation to the low input, and then to the gain input, and back to the high input I think.
infradead
i <3 my PB...

and stuff like this makes me treasure it even more..

i give it audio rate stuff all the time and mine still works.
Repeater
thanks! sounds kinda similar to my doepfer 106-1 when i overload the cv inputs. yum.
flight
@ CursedFrogurt: Thanks for the sample!
@ Repeater: Don't worry, all inputs of the Plague Bearer are guaranteed to be able to handle any signal that is generated from a eurorack synth* without being damaged - so anything within ±12V, at any frequency. I can't guarantee what it'll sound like, but it won't hurt it at all.

*This is assuming that the PB is a module in said eurorack. Always use signals that are within the levels of the power supply that the PB is using. If ±9V (batteries), then only signals within ±9V, and so on. Never use signals from an external system that has higher outputs.
Repeater
flight wrote:
@ CursedFrogurt: Thanks for the sample!
@ Repeater: Don't worry, all inputs of the Plague Bearer are guaranteed to be able to handle any signal that is generated from a eurorack synth* without being damaged - so anything within ±12V, at any frequency. I can't guarantee what it'll sound like, but it won't hurt it at all.

*This is assuming that the PB is a module in said eurorack. Always use signals that are within the levels of the power supply that the PB is using. If ±9V (batteries), then only signals within ±9V, and so on. Never use signals from an external system that has higher outputs.

Good to know. Thanks!
solitaryzen
Just got a Dual Plague Bearer recently in a bunch of stuff I got from Muff. Today was the first chance I've had to have a play with it, and all I can say is it really is the ultimate noise module!!

Here's a couple of recordings from my explorations earlier today - this is mostly the Dual Plague Bearer feeding back into itself, but also used a Megaohm Delta filter in the loop, and a bit of Noise Ring for modulation - the output was then processed through a Time Machine. Recordings are a bit long, but I was having too much fun!

http://www.solitary-sound.com/audioflz/plaguebearer2.mp3

http://www.solitary-sound.com/audioflz/plaguebearer3.mp3
FetidEye
WOW nice freak sessions!!!

planning to get a PB barebones kit.. now i'm sure smile
my modular will be the ultimate noise machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1