MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1-6-13 power distribution board.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author 1-6-13 power distribution board.
flight

1-6-13 power distribution board.

Upgrade from the standard Doepfer A-100 bus: 13 shrouded 16-pin headers, only 10.2" long. Features:

• Complementary over-current and reverse-voltage protection: Left and right half independently protected with Polyfuses (±12V @ 0.75A, +5V @ 0.5A). PSU connectors are unprotected so downstream boards are unaffected
  • Three sets of indicator LEDs to indicate status of: left side, right side, PSU input.
  • Dual PSU Input connectors, mounted in the middle of the board for proper "star" distribution scheme.
  • Central header configured to accept 5x5 plug-in adapter module, pictured below.

infradead
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!
computer controlled
Looking fwd to these!
vav
So are these drop-in replacements for the Doepfer boards, then? Does it support the Doepfer CV/Gate Bus?
toppobrillo
looks nice!
flight
vav wrote:
So are these drop-in replacements for the Doepfer boards, then? Does it support the Doepfer CV/Gate Bus?
Yes and yes.
PSU connection: It has two sets of four 0.25" (6.35mm) male quick-connect tabs (+5V, +12V, Common, -12V), One for PSU input and the other for multiple boards.
Gate and CV: Again, it has two sets of connectors (for connecting to other distro boards) for Gate and CV signals. I used screw-machined socket connectors so you can use whatever type of connector you want to jumper to other boards - even 24AWG solid-core wire will work. The Gate and CV busses run the entire length of the board however, unlike on the Doepfer board which has jumpers to isolate the two sides.
vav
flight wrote:
vav wrote:
Yes and yes.
PSU connection: It has two sets of four 0.25" (6.35mm) male quick-connect tabs (+5V, +12V, Common, -12V), One for PSU input and the other for multiple boards.
Gate and CV: Again, it has two sets of connectors (for connecting to other distro boards) for Gate and CV signals. I used screw-machined socket connectors so you can use whatever type of connector you want to jumper to other boards - even 24AWG solid-core wire will work. The Gate and CV busses run the entire length of the board however, unlike on the Doepfer board which has jumpers to isolate the two sides.

Well done sir, i think my P9 might get an upgrade soon smile
KNYST
these boards are we're not worthy
about time. well done!
supersuper
1) How far off are these?

2) Are these going to be paired up with your power module in a kit?
flight
supersuper wrote:
1) How far off are these?
There have been a few annoyances stymieing the process - suppliers forgetting to enter orders, people going on vacation without passing the work to someone else, and so on very frustrating - so I can't give an exact time frame, but I'm gonna say mid- to late-September.
Quote:
2) Are these going to be paired up with your power module in a kit?
Sure, why not? wink
That's really up to the individual vendors. I've got far too much going on these days to do much by way of direct sales or even advertising (or responding to posts and emails). There are, however, many excellent vendors out there who are working hard to support and expand the modular scene and I would be quite surprised if one or more of them didn't have the same idea of a POWER pack.
computer controlled
Let me know if you need any work done on these...
matttech
these look like a REALLY good idea!
de_raaf
gonna get a new case in oktober: november, hope to get these in there!
infradead
Needs moar LED's!!
sonicwarrior
Any news?
I would need 6 of them for a PMS9 monster case.
lordofthebored
also interested in getting a few of these soon, looking forward to star grounded distribution boards!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1