MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jumping in on the Modular Fun
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Jumping in on the Modular Fun
Junk Rhythm
I'm planning out a Eurorack modular and would like some opinions or possible improvements. I haven't settled on VCAs or various logic modules yet.

Not pictured are some DIY modules:
Buchla 281 Quad Function Generator Clone
Buchla 292c LPG Clone
Thomas Henry MPS
Thomas Henry UD-1
Electro-Music Klee 2
Junk Rhythm Cheap Multiple

I am thinking of ditching the the Plan B Model 38 ADSR/38A Expander since the 281 can serve as my envelope for now. The SN76477 Super Controller has a sample & hold, noise source, and LFO so I won't be picking up another LFO just yet. I am also reworking some of DIY layouts to see if I can tighten up the useable space.


Am I heading in a good direction? Any suggestions?
Cat-A-Tonic
You and I are heading in similar directions in both DIY choices and Eurorack fantasies.

Have you already built some of those DIY modules?
Junk Rhythm
The UD-1 PCB is stuffed. The Buchla 281, Buchla 292c, and MPS PCBs are partially stuffed. I'm placing an order for the rest of the parts later this weekend so I can finalize the front panel designs in the upcoming week. The SN Voice and Klee 2 are on the sidelines until these others are built up. The P3100 and SN Super Controller PCBs were shipped to me this morning I think. I'll have them together quick enough since I have the more vital parts already.

Which DIY options are on your plate?
flight
Hmm, judging by your choice of modules, I'd say you could use as Plague Bearer...

wink
(back me up here guys!)
Junk Rhythm
flight wrote:
Hmm, judging by your choice of modules, I'd say you could use as Plague Bearer...

wink


OOPS! I forgot to add that one in.
flight
hyper
Suburban Bather
Junk Rhythm wrote:
flight wrote:
Hmm, judging by your choice of modules, I'd say you could use as Plague Bearer...

wink


OOPS! I forgot to add that one in.


Make that two of them!!!!!!!!!! I've got two PB's and they produce nothing but glories diarrhea. All variable dependent on the input signal!!!! spinning MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING spinning New PB's coming soon mind you damn you Flight!!

I need to get my own personal experiences posted quick!!! School or modules? Its a bitch!!!!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow evening in the FOH forum! Chewbacca
flight
Hee hee hee!

Seriously, however, 2 PBs is the best number; they were actually intended to be in pairs.
Hell, I'll even give you my personal guarantee: if you get 2 and decide I'm full of sh*t, you can return it to me for a full refund or applied to another product.

Bath guy: Do it! I wanna read/see/hear!
parasitk
Ooh so my second Plague Bearer could be the new version so they can go at it new skool vs. old skool!
Kent
808 kick into Plague Bearer is evil death.

Hey JR, the ModDeMod has been discontinued; so, if you don't already have it, you may want to consider Ken Stone's Ring Mod.
Junk Rhythm
Kent wrote:
Hey JR, the ModDeMod has been discontinued; so, if you don't already have it, you may want to consider Ken Stone's Ring Mod.


I'm part of the last run. hyper hyper The circuit involved is quite simple and I have toyed with continuing it's legacy myself. I purchased the Make Noise version because of the panel art.
Junk Rhythm
flight wrote:
Hee hee hee!

Seriously, however, 2 PBs is the best number; they were actually intended to be in pairs.


I would love to go the 2 PB route (which I plan on in the future provided they are still in production) but due to the price of real estate in the Euro format I want to fill out a few things first. I do see 2 PBs in the future(2009).
Veqtor
Junk Rhythm wrote:
Kent wrote:
Hey JR, the ModDeMod has been discontinued; so, if you don't already have it, you may want to consider Ken Stone's Ring Mod.


I'm part of the last run. hyper hyper The circuit involved is quite simple and I have toyed with continuing it's legacy myself. I purchased the Make Noise version because of the panel art.


Actually, buying the makenoise version is good for other reasons than just the panelart... I made a DIY passive ring mod, tried matching the diodes really carefully but no... shitloads of carrier-leak-through. The makenoise however... SlayerBadger!
Junk Rhythm
Veqtor wrote:

Actually, buying the makenoise version is good for other reasons than just the panelart... I made a DIY passive ring mod, tried matching the diodes really carefully but no... shitloads of carrier-leak-through. The makenoise however... SlayerBadger!


I've had the same sort of carrier leak issues. So far I have tried 2 different productions of 1N60 diodes. One set was orange with a black band and the other set was clear with a green band. The clear/green band version had less carrier leak but it was still there. For shits and giggles I also swapped out the 1N60s and tossed in 1N4148s. Whoa crunchy and gritty.
Cybananna
the plan B M38 adsr and expander are on indefinate hold for a redesign. pick something else or plan on getting used.

I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND the plague bearer.
Junk Rhythm
Cybananna wrote:
the plan B M38 adsr and expander are on indefinate hold for a redesign. pick something else or plan on getting used.


Thank you for the heads up. I look around for something else.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group