MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new addition, trouby+modcan or: black johnson vs moby dick
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Trouby Modular  
Author new addition, trouby+modcan or: black johnson vs moby dick
dude
i have more than i can explore at this point. its official. this first video is a really simple thing. a miniwave voice through mulitmode filter and a bass drum derived from arp filter. all sequenced by the trouby and a simple slope. i am totally experimenting. nothing ground breaking but hopefully potential is relayed.
bwhittington
I liked this video before I even heard it. thumbs up
bwhittington
PS. Sounds great, now that I've actually played it.

PPS. Awesome "rack frames!" lol
Orbless
thumbs up
i have been really into the Math Trigger Sequencer, been wanting to see it in action
dude
there will most assuredly be more. high fun level with this set of systems. i am missing more drum voices and some mixers for trigger fuckery. the mixers will be built imminently.dunno know where i will mount it.
trouby
for the drum voices theres a 'simple' solution:
how about vintage rhythm boxes? they have to be modified, so broken or from vintage home organs. each drum has to get its own trigger input - a thing for the experts smile
bwhittington
trouby wrote:
for the drum voices theres a 'simple' solution:
how about vintage rhythm boxes? they have to be modified, so broken or from vintage home organs. each drum has to get its own trigger input - a thing for the experts smile

There's always . . .

Bricks
Want.
diophantine
Hey dude, how are the Trouby modules set up? Specifically the Math Trigger Seq & the Trigger Seq. Is that the Master Clock on the right?

Just trying to figure out what I saw. Because I know what I heard, and it was nice! thumbs up
dude
you ain't heard nothing yet. i needed my quad unity mixer to get full sequencing power but i built that and troubleshot it last night. i have at least two videos in mind to shoot atm. the modules i have currently are from left to right: masterclock gen, quint inv, digi buff, math trig seq and lastly trig seq. they are a system. the bare minimum for the system imo would be the masterclock,math trig and reg trig seq. thr buffer is good for distro of trigs. they are fun as hell particularly sitting in the same room as the modcan touch seq. i went from having almost no sequencing to kind of ruling the world. i am having to get a little creative making drum voices out of the modular but that is NOT a problem 8_)
i will try to shoot more soon. i am still learning my system so i don't like to shoot things before i know wtf is going on. the installation of the trouby has some diy aspect as the power is not standardized in my case but if you aren't afraid of wiring/mounting things up, i cannot recommend these things highly enough. versatile and fun. it is a very different experience than the modcan. all control is physical/manual so it performs like an instrument more than a conceptual vc-able mastermind. you have to touch, and that is fucking fun. i couldnt ask for a funner drum brain especially for the price.
dude
Dave77
Great
dude
up next, building drum voices.
dude
i think i need another trig seq. it is just too much fun.
diophantine
The explanatory video was helpful; thanks!

I guess that the Start/Stop thing is just an "enable" signal, coming from the master clock?

Would love to see more of the Math Trigger Sequencer in action, to get a better feel for how it works.
dude
yeah the start/stop is just a high or ground voltage depending on whether the start or stop switch is engaged. it basically says: " you can now accept a clock to move through your stages sequencers". next will be drum voices as controlled mostly by the math trig seq. and it just occurs to me that while it is fun and functional, it is the best light show i have seen in a module maybe ever. its beautiful to see it bouncing around but it is also functionally perfect in that it simply tells you where the active trigger outputs are falling per step. transcendent imo.
dude
dude
hers a drum experiment
dude
here is a more fully fleshed out one
dude
very very excited, the second trigger sequencer showed up today unexpectedly! after having built the bintic and quad mixers, the system is just amazing when coupled with the modcan. Lotsa Love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Trouby Modular  
Page 1 of 1