MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Guitar stuff - pulled my Legacy's neck
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Guitar stuff - pulled my Legacy's neck
Muff Wiggler
So, curiosity got the best of me, and I pulled the neck on my Legacy. Having done this once now on another guitar, I was confident in being able to do it safely - as always when pulling a tight neck, there's a concern with cracking or chipping the paint or even wood around the neck pocket. Anyway, I had no problems.

Please give the pics a minute or two to load, thanks.

Check it out - these are the first pics where I've shown my guitar's great new 'look' - I originally had a creme pickguard and covers/knobs. It looked good but never sat right with me - I realized that on S-body guitars, I prefer it when the plastics are a lighter shade than the body finish. Anyway, as you can see here, I've replaced the creme guard with a parchment one, and I've replaced the knobs, covers and switchtip with aged white ones (which match perfectly to the vintage white finish on the guitar's body).

One thing that I never really noticed before is how flamey my neck is. There also some little tiny baby birdseyes in it as well. You can see a couple near the bottom of the neck in the above pic.

Can any tell me what wood the body is based on that pic?
I assume alder, but that's only a guess, based on my understanding that G&L would use alder with this finish.

As you can see, the date is Dec 15, 2005. I'm surprised, as I purchased the guitar new in late January 2007. This guitar was around for over a year before being sold - really surprised. The shop I bought it at had only received it a few weeks before I purchased it, and they claim to have ordered it specifically in that color from G&L for their shop. Anyway...

Anyway, just a couple shots of my neck, since I had it off and was admiring the flame. As far as I know this wasn't ordered as a flame neck, which makes sense as it is a somewhat subtle flaming, however very beautiful nonetheless. It was hard to photograph and looks a bit more striking and obvious in person. It also shifts with the angle of viewing somewhat, however I suspect that is more due to the tint and the gloss.

you can make out a few of those little tiny baby birdseyes in this last shot...look between frets 7, 8 and 9, right along the middle of the board.

Chuck E. Jesus
that really is a good lookin' guit, no doubt...that neck looks sweet man...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1