MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge: self oscillatoion on the n comparator?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge: self oscillatoion on the n comparator?
chimologic
Going to try my luck with this one here before the serge group:

Supposedly the n comparator can be made to self oscillate by connecting the 'input' into the 'output'.

however this module has several inputs and several outputs, I tried different things today and could not get it to self oscillate at all, I could make it output at audio range by sending a audio range signal into one of the inputs on the bottom part (comparator) and properly setting the treshold, but cant get the dmmn thing to oscillate on its own no matter which way I connect it... anyone?
cebec
Yeah, I don't remember which output I patched to which input (I'll check this later) but I had to twiddle one or both of the knobs pretty fast to build up enough residual noise to get it to oscillate. And then it did so.
b3nsf
Thats the stuff that legends are made of! love

Seriously though. I was talking to Rex about momentary lock-up, when the Serge is frozen because of a slight electrical imbalance and a knob twiddle or in probably in most my cases (TGO) a switch that needs a throw and back to get the motor running... This also happens when springing to life the SSG bottom half, mine loves AC much more than DC....

No wonder they call it wizardry... Mr. Green
kkonkkrete
b3nsf wrote:
This also happens when springing to life the SSG bottom half, mine loves AC much more than DC....

Do you mean you get the lower half of the SSG to self-oscillate? I had never even tried that. How do you patch it?
chimologic
no you can't get the bottom of the SSG to self oscillate, He is talking about it getting Frozen sometimes if you clock it too fast
cebec
to get the ncom to self-oscillate, patch the out to in -. set division pot to full clockwise and take your output from step out. play with the bias to change mosquito size and division to change intensity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1