MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

just wanted to say hello
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author just wanted to say hello
technosoul
Justed wanted to make a post so my account doesnt get cancelled, since finally I decided to open account.
I'm going to be buying a doepfer BS soon once AH gets their modules in stock. I guess I will be calling this wednesday to get the updates. I've sold a quite a bit of gear in the last month in order to make the modualr jump so it should be fun, hopefully enough fun to sustain a lifetime.

I have been "lurking" for sometime picking up information and seeing what you guys sell and trade and what not so..

cheers Guinness ftw!
Soy Sos
Welcome! There is an insane amount of info here and a
bunch of smartypants synth freaks!
Eel Power FTW!
dkcg
Welcome!

Doctor? Doctor. Doctor, Doctor. Doctor? Doctor. (from spies like us if you don't know the line)
Malekko
w00t
technosoul
I'm looking on line to find some sources in the states for eurorack supplies and parts. I'm finding some overseas sources but thats about it. Anybody got any secret sources
Soy Sos
Do you mean like rails and power supplies?
I did all that stuff on my case but didn't keep good notes.
Some folks here will have that info if that's what you're looking for.
technosoul
subrack parts, I saw the elby design one for 83 bucks, but to ship it its like another 50 bucks. It doesnt seem worth it. I'm trying to see if this Schroff company has any us distributors to build my own sub rack in a SKB case
dougcl
Schroff US on the West Coast anyway is ICO Rally in CA. If you act fast you can get a pretty good deal on ebay (40 mins left!) item 280323698649
technosoul
thanks for the listing. I'm actually looking for a 3U space. I notced a couple listings for that (3U), but I'm not quite sure if thats the right ones and what else I will need, considering I'm a newbie
dougcl
Those are the right ones. The $99 one is a big pile of parts and an assembled rack to boot from the looks of it. More than 3U.

The $50 one is not the best deal but is exactly 3U. If you got this, you would need in addition:

2 threaded inserts from Schroff ($10)

1 Doepfer busboard ($45, or make your own)

1 Power supply (varies, $130 if you go Doepfer, alternatives for as low as $10)

Power cable, switch, fuse wires, screws, Torx screwdriver (altogether about $30)
technosoul
would you happen to know how much the schroff #U subracks cost new and ready to go
dougcl
Hey folks take a gander at these rails, and lovely integrated power connector/switch. I'm willing to bet this is a great 3U rack and more. item 150333073529

for $19!
jonkull
technosoul wrote:
would you happen to know how much the schroff #U subracks cost new and ready to go

I got a quote from Schroff US a couple of months ago. 6U rack was $103 and a 3U rack was $73.
VanEck
dkcg wrote:

Doctor? Doctor. Doctor, Doctor. Doctor? Doctor. (from spies like us if you don't know the line)

LOL. I say that all the time and no one ever knows what I am referencing confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1