MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oberheim Xpander + Alesis Wedge = shriek.void
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Oberheim Xpander + Alesis Wedge = shriek.void
mmetlay
I hope this post isn't out of place, but I wanted to point folks to a new album I've posted details about on the Your Tunes Here forum, and talk a little bit about how it was made.

I've been using the Oberheim Xpander for about 25 years now, and my Thing One is my favorite self-generative/modular noisescaping device, especially when paired with the very powerful and underrated Alesis Wedge effects processor. I've created fifty or sixty customized pairings of Xpander patches with complementary Wedge effects, and have hard-wired one of my Wedges to Thing One and set them to follow one another's MIDI Program Change messages. (I'd really like to permanently install the Wedge inside the Xpander somehow, but won't risk my baby on a mod job like that, no way never!)

Two of my favorite noisescapes are represented in great detail on shriek.void; one is a relatively complex LFOs-feeding-back patch that has broad modulation gestures mapped to the five MIDI controllers, and the other is a simple looping sound event that takes on an entirely new quality when paired with the Wedge's large-hall regenerating reverb.

I can post details of particular parameter settings if any Xpander or Wedge owners are curious, but it'd be alphanumeric gobbledygook for everyone else. I just hope you enjoy the noises. Mr. Green

mike
felix
Oh my god the Alesis Wedge!!! I totally forgot about that little guy. Now I wish I still had one.

Dead Banana
Kent
The Wedge is a really great piece. It is still used by some top engineers and some well-known artists to this day. If I had the desk space, I'd grab another.

Mike, could you link directly to your other post so lazy mofos (like me) don't have to search for it? Which I'm gonna do anyhow.
mmetlay
Kent wrote:
The Wedge is a really great piece. It is still used by some top engineers and some well-known artists to this day. If I had the desk space, I'd grab another.

Mike, could you link directly to your other post so lazy mofos (like me) don't have to search for it? Which I'm gonna do anyhow.

Does this work?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3937&highlight=

mike
Abusive/Consumer
Added to my looooooooooong list of want/need/WANT:
Oberheim Xpander
love

Nice old school synthesis
I agree!
tIB
I need a new reverb unit like I need a hole in the head but I finally picked up an alesis wedge this week to see what all the fuss is about. I look forward to testing it out with the xpander in the spirit of this thread!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1