MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

serge buy in cost?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author serge buy in cost?
Babaluma
can't find a price list anywhere.

what would be the rough price of a starter working serge m-odule system? i am not really sure what you would need, i am guessing the rack thingy, a power supply, and one m-odule, let's say the quad slopes, with a blank for the future. how much would all that be before shipping?

i'm just wondering basically, i don't wanna bother rex until i'm ready to commit, and i'm not sure about it yet.
astroschnautzer
http://www.serge-fans.com/m-class.cfm

here is the prices for the m-panels.
Babaluma
cheers dude!
Babaluma
ouch, that'd be $2175 for 4 vcs...
carbon111
$2100 even. (1650 M-odule + 250 M-boat + 200 PS2a)

...add a Creature and you have a "complete" Serge synthesizer for $3600.
Not bad IMHO.

I found the Gator to be a better pairing with a Creature for a "stand alone" system as you have much of the same functionality of the DSG in the TGO and TGC - as well as all the cool polyrhythmic functionality. (plus that combo is $150 less at $3450)
Bananallama!
Babaluma
thanks for chiming in james!

i wouldn't want it to be a complete synthesiser. rarther i'd be looking at a stereo processing system for warping finished mixes, which would probably end up as two racks (4 m-odules in total).

i am currently thinking: 1 x quad slope, 1 x eq shift, 1 x stereo mixer and 1 undecided (perhaps the triple filter?)

what do you reckon to that?

all up in the air, as i can't really afford it at the moment, but am just thinking of the future...
panda30y
I'm the same way. In my future I can afford everything too! nuts
revmutt
I wish present me could make a bunch of extra money for future me to spend. I'd like a TKB and whatever the new envelope controller deal is called.
DGTom
I wish future me would just hurry up n paypal me a bunch of monies I'm yet to make hihi w00t Coffee Addiction FTW

Quote:
rarther i'd be looking at a stereo processing system for warping finished mixes,

I like the way you are thinking!
Babaluma
yeah if i do go ahead i'll wait until all the m-odules have been released anyway, to have the full choice.
panda30y
revmutt wrote:
I wish present me could make a bunch of extra money for future me to spend. I'd like a TKB and whatever the new envelope controller deal is called.

The TEV? I think i'm more intrigued by that instead of the TKB. I don't understand why, but from what I understand he's had them for awhile, but not many people have ordered them. Perhaps lack of a updated catalogue aside from what's up at serge-fans?
b3nsf
both!! TKB for notes, TEV for note length!!! the obvious answer to any future purchases would be both right? Mr. Green
panda30y
b3nsf wrote:
both!! TKB for notes, TEV for note length!!! the obvious answer to any future purchases would be both right? Mr. Green

Well from my limited understanding the right half is a sequencer and the left have is for controlling envelopes. Correct me please, because I'm a little confused.

And yes... both is the obvious choice in an economy i don't currently live in. very frustrating

Well... we can dream, and save.... more dream than save though, but someday! Mr. Green
revmutt
yeah, both controller modules would be what I would want.

I didn't know the TEV was out but I have not done any actual research on Serge because I haven't been 100% sure that I wanted any.
cebec
Babaluma wrote:

i wouldn't want it to be a complete synthesiser. rarther i'd be looking at a stereo processing system for warping finished mixes, which would probably end up as two racks (4 m-odules in total).

i am currently thinking: 1 x quad slope, 1 x eq shift, 1 x stereo mixer and 1 undecided (perhaps the triple filter?)

all up in the air, as i can't really afford it at the moment, but am just thinking of the future...

Hmm, I would consider:

2 x EQ Shift, 1 x Quad Slope, 1 x Multi-Filter

OR

1 x EQ Shift, 1 x Audio Interface, 1 x Multi-Filter, 1 x Wave Processor

Having a pair of Resonant EQs for stereo operation would be highly desirable.
b3nsf
panda, that is correct, left half is env's and right half is sequencer, but you cant use both at the same time(the exact same moment-- miliseconds apart is fine), because the touch plates are monophonic..
(and it doesn't have the keyboard switch which allows this on the tkb)

with both tkb and tev, you could control both on the fly! and then you use the rightmost sequencer section (tev) as a preset bank for dramatic sound altering... cuz nobody wants to sacrifice the powerful tkb for the boring chore of storing presets!
Babaluma
cebec wrote:
Babaluma wrote:

Hmm, I would consider:

2 x EQ Shift, 1 x Quad Slope, 1 x Multi-Filter

OR

1 x EQ Shift, 1 x Audio Interface, 1 x Multi-Filter, 1 x Wave Processor

Having a pair of Resonant EQs for stereo operation would be highly desirable.

cebec, thanks dude, that's exactly the type of info/advice i was looking for. i agree that 2 x eq shifts would be rad, but i also like the sound of the quadrature vco on the stereo mixer module.

hm, lots to think about!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1