MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Iron Curtain Electronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Iron Curtain Electronics
reppiks
So far:
- Polivoks VCF
- Kuzminorgel

Coming:
- Polivoks VCO (when when when???)

???
I remember Mr.TheHarvestman mentioning a while back that Mr.Kuzmin has a load of other interesting circuit ideas for potential future modules...
I wonder how much space I need to reserve for the coming/months years for these cos I know i want them all!!!
(yeah, i'm too impatient)
governor blacksnake
The Polivoks VCO prototype board is currently on its way to me.
RubberCityNoise
governor blacksnake wrote:

nanners
Any ideas on the features yet?
reppiks

Excellent!

Something I would love in euro is some kind of dirty aggressive analogue distortion with cv control and switches for different distortion modes, I can imagine something like this coming out of this range of modules... Kind of a more gritty deranged alternative to the plague bearer
governor blacksnake
I built a Polivoks VCO prototype and so far things are looking good. The following features are changed or added from the original Polivoks specification:

- linear FM input (sounds great!)
- expo FM input has an attenuverter
- Oscillator output levels are closer to 10vpp
- The frequency control no longer has a rotary octave switch. Instead it has my style of coarse/fine tuning knobs, and there's a possibility that a +/- octave toggle switch will make it onto the final module.
- continuously variable PWM with voltage control
- sync
- This oscillator appears to draw less than 40mA in use.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kuzmin for a detailed calibration procedure. There are a half dozen trimmers on the back of this thing and tuning the thermal stabilization is really amusing. Once I hear this, I can verify that my board layout is within spec. Things already look good for that and I am optimistic. I am waiting on a shipment of mica capacitors from Russia and some potentiometers from China, then this can go into production. I already have a good stockpile of all Russian ICs necessary.

I'll ask Kuzmin if he thinks any of the other distortion/effect circuits he developed would be worth investigating for modular use. He says he has many more circuits to show me and is excited for the collaboration to continue.
Rod Serling Fan Club
If it is like the real polivoks oscillators, tuning is a bit of a chore. If i remember correctly, you have a low and high course and low and high fine and you have to take turns adjusting each while playing certain notes.
reppiks
Wow, thanks for that detailed post, great to hear the vco is coming along well and the feature set sounds awesome! Tuning stability is the lowest priority for me, sounds like this thing is going to be beautifully messy in all the right ways.

V excited to see what Kuzmin pulls out of the bag from his other circuits...
artisokka
there's a possibility that a +/- octave toggle switch will make it onto the final module.

That would be a nice (bonus)feature.
reppiks
artisokka wrote:
there's a possibility that a +/- octave toggle switch will make it onto the final module.

+1. I would really love this
governor blacksnake
reppiks wrote:
artisokka wrote:

Just tested this and it works great. Might make the top row a little crowded near the fine tune knob, but I think it's a useful addition too.
reppiks
reppiks wrote:
artisokka wrote:

Just tested this and it works great. Might make the top row a little crowded near the fine tune knob, but I think it's a useful addition too.

I have small hands so a bit of crowding here and there on the modular is fine for me, esp if it means getting something handy like
this
computer controlled
I'm more of a fan of the tried and true Oct Select rotary switch, a toggle works as well =o] Been waiting to hear this, glad its in the final stretch!
Veqtor
Octave switch is really a useful feature, I wish every osc had one!
negativspace
w00t
artisokka
Any news on VCO?
governor blacksnake
It's next in line for production. Just waiting for some awesome Russian capacitors to arrive.
reppiks
I know I need this, but my 6U is full... What to sacrifice?!
(I know the standard muffs response is to buy another case, but 6U really is my financial limit for the currently foreseeable future)
megamouse
It's next in line for production. Just waiting for some awesome Russian capacitors to arrive.

hyper hyper hyper
The_Crooked_Man

Before the new Tyme Sefari? I'm certainly interested in the polivoks VCO, but I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on the new Tyme Sefari!
reppiks

I'll ask Kuzmin if he thinks any of the other distortion/effect circuits he developed would be worth investigating for modular use. He says he has many more circuits to show me and is excited for the collaboration to continue.

Any update from Mr.Kuzmin on other circuit ideas? I'm planning a custom Iron Electronics skiff and wondering how wide to make it if there is the possibility of other modules on the horizon at some point. A distortion circuit would be ultimate. So far will have 2 Polivox VCGs, 1 Polivox VCF, 1 Kuzminorgel and a couple of utility modules. A dirty sub-synth to connect into my main system or be used as a super-compact standalone synth. Cheers
reppiks
Patiently waiting for the new Polivoks releases and VCG with new faceplate/knobs, I want an Iron Curtain skiff!
robotopsy
The_Crooked_Man wrote:

Before the new Tyme Sefari? I'm certainly interested in the polivoks VCO, but I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on the new Tyme Sefari!

I just got my MKII Tyme Sefary and it's F "$?"$ great I highly suggest A sound of thunder MKII expander. the switch controlled with gates brings interesting thins.
governor blacksnake
Hi Dave, the last two Polivoks modules are released in December. Waiting for some more custom pots to be made for the EG.
reppiks
Hi Dave, the last two Polivoks modules are released in December. Waiting for some more custom pots to be made for the EG.

Thanks! Can't wait!
Spip

Any (rough) idea of the price of the VCA-ADSR ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2