MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

mmm. 200eon Vemia - including 259!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author mmm. 200eon Vemia - including 259!
wetterberg
http://www.spheremusic.com/Bargaindtl.asp?Item=6689
via;
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/03/buchla-200e.html
ndkent
Retail from Buchla if the 259e were still available would be US$10450... though I'm sure more in Europe with import & taxes etc.
9000GBP,seems to me a high price..
Karina
Just like the WIARD that just sold for WAY WAY over 'replacement cost' people will pay a large premium for a unit NOW.

The wait for a full Buchla 200e system is about a year or more. d'oh!

The 259e's go for about $2000+ on the used market. w00t
Kent
Totally depends upon what currency the GBP is being exchanged into & to where it will ship.

Priced new (and using $2000 as the price for the 259) it comes out to $11050 which is : 7718 £ GBP with today's exchange rate. Add 20% import duties: 9262£ GBP. That's excluding shipping.
Kinda close but it could be worth it to someone that really wants a 259 as well. If it sells for that price, it means that you could get it to anywhere in Europe for just about 10,000€ and have it now. However, the sketchy buying situation would put me off; although I have yet to read how Vemia operate.

I do have to say that I'm stunned at how the most expensive item on that Vemia list has the worst photos of any of them. You can't even tell if it is an 18 or 12 panel boat at first glance. It's a 12-er, I'd wager. But seriously, WTF?
Karina
How much buyer's premium / commission do I pay on VEMIA auction lots?

As a buyer, you pay 8.51%. If you are in the European Community, VAT is added to that premium. In the EC, that makes the commission exactly 10%.
10% on 9000GBP just for forrest is overkill..
Norman_Phay
It really isn't.

I've bought stuff from Vemia since before it had an online presence. the first few auctions, he sent you out a catalog...

In every instance, the stuff I've bought off of him has been in the exact condition described, and has arrived very, very quickly and well-packed. I have seen collector gear - RMI KC2 was that last one I bid on - go for WAY more than what you'd usually expect to pay. I presume this is because a person who wants, say a VP330 knows that if they buy from VEMIA they know EXACTLY what they will be receiving, and they know they will receive something for their money. This does tend to make it expensive for the more sought-after items. For older high-end digital gear, it can be very cheap though. Stuff that's out-of-fashion but still awesome are where the bargains are on VEMIA. Also oddities. I got my K5000S there for 205 UK pounds a couple of years ago, and it was MINT, it could have passed for a new one.

I'll be looking at the Digitech S400 this time around, maybe the Vestax spring reverb too. If I had a bit more $$$ in the bank, the 2 Lovetone pedals as well.
citizen mori
Vemia and Peter are absolutely top shelf to work with. Peter is an absolute saint of a synth-curator. Europe is fortunate to have him.
revmutt
citizen mori wrote:
Vemia and Peter are absolutely top shelf to work with. Peter is an absolute saint of a synth-curator. Europe is fortunate to have him.

I second that about Peter and Mr. Mori ain't a bad guy either.
krisp14u
I have had the odd synth of Vemia and Peter is nothing but a pleasure to do business with
Kent
Oh, the buyer pays the commission? I've not been involved in an auction that works that way around.
wetterberg
@kent, afaik that's the nromal way for actual auctions. Ebay does it differently, I believe, but in the end it's always the buyer who pays wink
ndkent
Yes, traditionally the auction house is selective and only accepts consignments they think they can sell and then charge the buyer a commission. There is no regular fee for the seller though I'm sure a few places try to charge for a better catalog listing or something. Maybe that's where Ebay got their arrangement

Ebay double dips if you count making the seller use their own company Paypal, for another fee.

While I'm sure a few of Vemia's actions need some sort of settlement if there is a problem Peter is much more committed to both parties not being ripped off than Ebay is.

For what it's worth Ebay used to operate in Japan like say Ebay Canada, Germany, France etc.. Yahoo Auctions wanting to draw users went free and the separate Ebay Japan soon closed. One catch is besides any potential language problems I don't believe you can register, buy or sell outside of Japan, which is why you see some Japanese people selling on some other Ebay or hunting internationally. There is a very small but existing cadre of third party services that proxy bid on behalf of foreigners for a fee on Yahoo Auctions, Japan for what that's worth.
Ranxerox
Norman_Phay wrote:
Also oddities. I got my K5000S there for 205 UK pounds a couple of years ago, and it was MINT, it could have passed for a new one.

Ha - get this, I got my K5000S on eBay for £70. £70! It had a broken end-cheek and a display fault, and I had to catch a train out of London to fetch it. But once I tracked down new end-parts (from possibly the last remaining parts-stock in the world) and fitted them, the screen fault went away. All up I paid less than £150. But I couldn't quite call mine 'mint'.

Norman_Phay wrote:
I'll be looking at the Digitech S400 this time around, maybe the Vestax spring reverb too. If I had a bit more $$$ in the bank, the 2 Lovetone pedals as well.

Dam, I want that Vestax too!
Ranxerox
Kent wrote:
Priced new (and using $2000 as the price for the 259) it comes out to $11050 which is : 7718 £ GBP with today's exchange rate. Add 20% import duties: 9262£ GBP. That's excluding shipping.

Roughly - importing into the UK, you have to pay 15% VAT and between 2 - 2.5% import tariff. But you have to calculate all of that on the total cost including shipping! Not just the sale price. Outrageous. And then you may also be hit with additional fees from the courier firm for 'document processing', which they can somehow get away with.

And you have to take at least a half-day off work so you can be at home when the buggers say they'll make the delivery. Bah!
Electronic Battle
When I imported my broken, very second-hand Korg PS-3100 from USA to England, I had to pay the purchase cost + shipping, then add 20% import duty (calculated from harmonisation codes) and then VAT on top of the whole lot.

I am still tryng to work out what value was added such that it had to be taxed. Broken - second hand - never been into the EU in its 30 year life ...so they charge me for what reason?

I'll add my comments about Vemia too if I may - Peter has worked hard today to sort out a minor perturbation with an auction item I am interested in bidding on, and he's smoothed over a potential problem very nicely (for the seller and for me, the potential buyer). If it had been eBay, I would have found that the item I wanted had suddenly been withdrawn.
sandyb
Electronic Battle wrote:
When I imported my broken, very second-hand Korg PS-3100 from USA to England, I had to pay the purchase cost + shipping, then add 20% import duty (calculated from harmonisation codes) and then VAT on top of the whole lot.

I am still tryng to work out what value was added such that it had to be taxed. Broken - second hand - never been into the EU in its 30 year life ...so they charge me for what reason?

shit! 20% import duty - somebody in customs and excise got their codes wrong i think. i never paid more than 3-3.5% duty plus 17.5%VAT (as it was at the time) on anything i brought into the country when i lived in the UK.
chamomileshark
No 20% sounds about right, that's the sort of mark up I've had to add to the modular gear coming from the States.

I agree that Peter wouldd be the person I would go to if I wanted to get something expensive. Even on cheap stuff if something goes wrong then he sorts it (I had a power failure on something possibly due to it's travels).

I also agree with Norman that some of the digital gear is cheap but I would rather it wasn't mentioned hihi And I'm encouraged to see it looks like we won't be bidding on the same items.
sandyb
chamomileshark wrote:
No 20% sounds about right, that's the sort of mark up I've had to add to the modular gear coming from the States.

yes 20% total is about right. but - the poster said he paid 20% solely in import duty and then they added VAT as well. way over the norm.

Electronic Battle wrote:
Kent
Item withdrawn from Vemia f u Dono-Kun Dance
ndkent
As a point of interest RL Music were the authorized dealers in the UK for a couple years. Their site had US dollar prices for whatever that implied.

They've removed the Buchla pages at some point not that long ago (because google still finds and caches them without the graphics for what it's worth), I remember running into the pages a lot since there weren't that many 200e related pages on the net. The info and graphics were by and large from the Buchla.com site.

A friend went to visit them maybe 3 years ago and noticed they were selling what seems to have been the review system SOS magazine reviewed. It was being sold for a bit less than new U.S. price from what he figured.
indexofmetals
ndkent - I remember that. I emailed them about it to see if they'd be willing to split it up (they weren't). They said they hadn't had any buchla sales at all.
chamomileshark
I don't suppose the SoS article helped..but then again it would have alerted people in the Uk that know about them that there was now a UK supplier. Maybe people still get them direct? I wonder how many Buchlas there are in the UK..I don't think I rmember hearing anyone has them..or Serge for that matter. Wiard, yes.
indexofmetals
I had a 4 panel serge here on the Isle of Man for a while (still have one old panel) & have a buchla dual matrix mixer if that counts (not working at moment after it started smoking badly a few months ago). I had 200e visions till I started with bugbrand

maybe a load of sound samples and actual pictures at the RL music site would've helped
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2