MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

250e - Strobed / Continuous
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 250e - Strobed / Continuous
Karina
I was looking over the 200e at the VEMIA auction and read the module descriptions/photos on the Buchla URL.

Is there a manual online I can take a look at?

What is the Strobed / Continuous function on the 250e? How does this work? seriously, i just don't get it
citizen mori
hello karina-

there are not online manuals yet, as far as i know. i am working in secret (though now not so secret) on a web site for buchla instruments which will contain some unofficial but detailed descriptions of the modules i've had time with...

the 250e has several methods for stage selection... it's intricate!

strobe means the sequence will jump to the stage determined by a cv applied to the cv in whenever a pulse is received at the pulse in.

continuous means that stage selection is determined entirely by the cv input, so you can step through stages using an external function such as a simple 'envelope'. the offset pot determines which stage is considered to be the 0-volt stage while continuous mode is active.

if this is confounding i could provide a simple video during the weekend...
Karina
Interesting! Thank You.

The only manual I have seen is the 200e Wikipedia page. It looks like most of the entry information was written by Michael "Viva la open-source revolution! " Tiemann SlayerBadger!
citizen mori
well, i can at least offer to answer any further questions here, i am familiar with the entire e-series and with certain bits of the older instrumentation as well.
ndkent
The actual manuals are kind of minimal. Useful, but not terribly long or deep. Fortunately you can find people online who own the modules or work with Don so I wouldn't think it's that bad a situation.

Yes it would be nice to have something better than Wikipedia, I find the existing structure kind of convoluted as it stands. I've wanted to add things (and I think did tweak a couple parts) but the structure seems like some kind of term paper rather than allowing for easy expansion of the facts and features.
felix
There's always the Muff wiki:

http://wiki.muffwiggler.com/wiki/Main_Page

much blame lies with myself, but it's had rather low activity. A Buchla section, which entries dealing with each module, would be fantastic.
Karina
Thank you for the help citizen mori. I finally made the train ride to see a system in my area. I only had 2 hours with the 200e but it was a interesting. I did bring my camera to record the fun.
I will post more video this week.

http://www.vimeo.com/user1542307
parasitk
Very cool! w00t
citizen mori
Karina wrote:
Thank you for the help citizen mori. I finally made the train ride to see a system in my area. I only had 2 hours with the 200e but it was a interesting. I did bring my camera to record the fun.
I will post more video this week.

http://www.vimeo.com/user1542307

you are very welcome! i smile to think of a person taking a long journey by rail to experience a musical intrument... the vibes of 1895 return hardly bashful! horray! ^_^

do you miss it?
cebec
Very cool patch and video. Thanks for sharing!
b3nsf
love the video!! thanks!! hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1