MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mini-Mixer Preferences
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Mini-Mixer Preferences
Phengren Oswald
Does anybody have a preference or recommendation for 4 or 6 channel table-top mixers? As opposed to the standard Behringer or Mackie? Does anyone make anything with sliders instead of dials? Or larger dials?

OH, and is reasonably affordable.....heh
sandyb
are you looking for a mixer specifically for noise music or just in general?
Phengren Oswald
sandyb wrote:
are you looking for a mixer specifically for noise music or just in general?

"Noise" more or less; synth(s) into effects into mixer sort of thing. I've used an older Behringer Euro Mixer (8 input/ 6 actual channels) and it's fine. Just wondering if there is anything a little bit, uh, nicer or more playable.
I know that audible disease makes the PM-1, but it's a sinlge mono output and only feature level controls. I'm guessing that vintage practice PA mixers would probably work but they're always pretty burly and not all that transportable.

Guessing that a more expensive Mackie type would be what's out there but......
sandyb
my initial thought would be one of these perhaps:
http://www.mackie.com/products/802vlz3/
no sliders but they're small and pretty reasonably priced.
i like the alt 3-4 outputs option on the mackies as it gives you a secondary switchable set of outputs to utilise.
i've been thinking about getting one to use with my little noisebox setup.
tIB
I use one of these as a sub mixer for my modular and a couple of other bits: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music-production/mixers/mg_series_cx_ models/mg82cx/

I like it a lot and the effects are useable... nice clean sound too.
burnn_out!
maybe a dj/club mixer? Kinda bulky but it will offer options probably not found on normal mixers. Crossfading, switchable inputs, eq kills, dj efx, ect. I have an old roland dj2000 that's loaded with that crap plus to mic channels.
Phengren Oswald
burnn_out! wrote:
maybe a dj/club mixer? Kinda bulky but it will offer options probably not found on normal mixers. Crossfading, switchable inputs, eq kills, dj efx, ect. I have an old roland dj2000 that's loaded with that crap plus to mic channels.

I was actually thinking about the old Realistic dj mixers. They've got the faders and are sturdy and can be modded.
jbuonacc
maybe check out the old Boss BX series mixers?

the 8-channel ones have sliders, but they made 6-channel ones as well (with knobs, no sliders). stereo outs and fx send/return.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1