MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SND ACME-4 Advanced Clock Management Engine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author SND ACME-4 Advanced Clock Management Engine
baltimoroder
Looks interesting. I heard SND can make a good clock.
http://www.s-n-d.com/acme4e_a.html
krz
$$$$
????
£££££
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ ¥Ã‚Â¥=
SND
unfortunately unless you're Nelson B? ;^)
mono-poly
Damn this seems like what i could use to slave my stuff to Paris!
Paranormal Patroler
Found about this while browsing Schneider's MIDI list and I can say it ignited my gas quite hard. Got several sequencers I'd like to clock from this baby, but the price is out of this world. waah I wouldn't mind saving up for this, but priced at €840 I can't imagine this being a very sought after item. So why the necro? Dunno, just had to express my lust somehow.

Any users out there that could give some feedback? Make my day.
dadek
got one, works as intended. wish there were clock gate for all four outs, but i have midi uses for it as well.
especially love it for my midi synced effects devices. changing and tweaking tempo for your hardware effects without effect your other musical sequences...
...but costly for sure.
Paranormal Patroler
dadek wrote:
got one, works as intended. wish there were clock gate for all four outs, but i have midi uses for it as well.
especially love it for my midi synced effects devices. changing and tweaking tempo for your hardware effects without effect your other musical sequences...
...but costly for sure.

So it kicks ass is what you're saying? Well, here's hoping I'll someday see one in the US BST with a 20% off lol

Totally love
Paranormal Patroler
Hey dadek, I've got a question for you. I was reading the manual and I came by this:

Quote:
Turning the control adjusts the clock tempo in steps of one BPM. Upon startup the internal speed is set to 120 BPMs.

The knob goes from 1 to 12, so this is quite weird. I can't possibly believe that the device only goes from 120-131bpm. Even if you include the double/half switches the options would be 60-71bpm, 120-131bpm and 240-251bpm. Can you please clarify?
zvukoprocessor
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Hey dadek, I've got a question for you. I was reading the manual and I came by this:

Quote:
Turning the control adjusts the clock tempo in steps of one BPM. Upon startup the internal speed is set to 120 BPMs.

The knob goes from 1 to 12, so this is quite weird. I can't possibly believe that the device only goes from 120-131bpm. Even if you include the double/half switches the options would be 60-71bpm, 120-131bpm and 240-251bpm. Can you please clarify?

its an endless encoder:
VIDEO
Paranormal Patroler
One year later and I'm happy to say that I own an ACME-4 unit screaming goo yo
zvukoprocessor
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
One year later and I'm happy to say that I own an ACME-4 unit screaming goo yo

cool!!! so, please share your experience, I'm thinking selling my Syncgen and Clockworks for ACME-4.
Paranormal Patroler
It does exactly what it says it does and does it well. Built like a tank and it serves as the heart of my setup. I haven't used the analogue outputs at all, just MIDI.

Any specific questions just shoot!
Rade
Congrats applause what’s the gear you’ve got synched ?
Paranormal Patroler
Got a couple of sequencers, two arpeggiators and another drum sequencer synched up. Crazy results!
flo
Tight sync from a DAW is something nice indeed. I use the Innerclock though as I prefer a set-and-forget situation hihi
Rade
Paranormal Patroler, question: if you would to use ACME standalone and feed pulse, square wave LFO to an analog clock input as a clock source, then connect MIDI from ACME to a drum machine, would pressing one of those four small buttons called run / halt, start and stop my drum machine? Like a standard master and slave sync between two drum machines where you press play on master and slave follows?
Paranormal Patroler
Yes. And not only that but it would start them both at the same time, namely at beat 1 of bar 1. thumbs up
Rade
Thanks for the answer thumbs up looks like gear, I mean toys, like this, are more or less essential.
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, although it's not easy to accommodate the asking price. I had to sell a lot of stuff to acquire it but it's essential for what I do so no regrets there. If you only need a stable MIDI clock and some swing capabilities I can also suggest other products.

There's the MIDI Clock device (that's the name) and it could be combined with Future Instruments Swynx to replicate an ACME Channel more or less. It's a combo worth investigating if you're on a low budget.
Jaypee
...got a question for the owners:
If acme 4 is the master and Ableton the slave (with midi clock) does the shuffle apply to midi clip in Ableton?

Many thanks!

w00t
drxcm
I've only ever run Ableton as the master, running audio clock to the ACME-4..
You'll get much better sync if Live is the master clock.
Jaypee
You're right, thanks... are you happy with shuffle control?

I come from MPC 60, so timing must be tight! grin
docsample
I have noticed that E-RM, which produces the cheaper Midiclock device, has also a Mutliclock device. Looks similar to the SND ACME-4, but more compact and a small screen. Has anyone used this and has comments/suggestions?

http://www.e-rm.de/products/multiclock.php
syncretism
Jaypee wrote:
You're right, thanks... are you happy with shuffle control?

I come from MPC 60, so timing must be tight! grin

I haven't used the ACME, but I've owned the SAM-16, and its timing and shuffle are great.
cn70
docsample wrote:
I have noticed that E-RM, which produces the cheaper Midiclock device, has also a Mutliclock device. Looks similar to the SND ACME-4, but more compact and a small screen. Has anyone used this and has comments/suggestions?

http://www.e-rm.de/products/multiclock.php

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136585&highlight=
groovar
finally got one these - but it is running out at 2/3 my master clock. any ideas?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2