POLL: my PERSONAL experience w/ Plan B.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

My PERSONAL experience with Peter G./Plan B:

I purchased gear (or had custom work or repairs done); the transaction went smoothly and the gear was fine. I'd do business w/ him again, people should quit picking on him.
16%
I purchased gear (or etc.); the business transaction went smoothly, but I was disappointed in the work product itself.
25%
I purchased gear (or etc.); Peter completely dropped the ball, I'm still waiting (or considering/persuing legal action).
27%
I haven't had any dealings with the guy, and based on what I've read I never will. I'm just here 'cause I can't look away from a good train wreck.
25%
I haven't had any dealings with the guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to, despite what you bullies and malcontents have said. Stop picking on him.
7%

Total votes: 56

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

POLL: my PERSONAL experience w/ Plan B.

Post by fluxmonkey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 pm

There's a lack of information (and differing claims) as to how extensive the alleged issues with Peter/Plan B. are... is it just a few disgruntled Adam Henry's shouting real loud? or is there an ongoing pattern that has affected a lot of folks?

Quick poll, just to try to quantify this... please answer only based on YOUR OWN PERSONAL DIRECT EXPERIENCE, not secondhand or hearsay. No need to respond with details of the transaction, those have all been aired.

And, this IS NOT an attack... I'd like nothing better than to have dozens of satisfied customers testifying on both module quality and service they've received. But it IS an attempt to give folks who are trying to decide one way or the other, what kinds of experiences folks have had in the past.

b

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Sorry, none of the above apply to me.
I bought one Model 25, it works fine. But all of the bad energy would
prevent me from buying anything from Plan B in the near future.

A Dingleberry Monstrosity
eat the kids first

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 pm

imho you dont have enough choices, so I cant vote.

I've bought 3 modules from him, the osc, triple event timer and voltage proc.

oscillator: bought it a LONNNNG time ago. Its the first version. I love it, no issues.

triple event timer: didnt use it much, no issues that I could see. Sold it to someone here and I didnt get any complaint from this person so I imagine it works perfectly. This was bought maybe 2 years ago?

dual voltage proc: This was purchased within the last year. Channel 1 pops and clicks, I never contacted him about this. I may in the future if I cant fix it myself. All I need to do is get off my lazy ass. No issues with channel 2.

I will buy from him in the future if I feel things are getting better. I will also only buy from a middle man (like AH, noisebug, big city etc etc...). I really dont want to see plan B fail, again I think no one here does.

again, not voting. Temted to choose #2 but I feel it doesnt tell the whole story.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 pm

There's no clear choice for me either.

I've never dealt with Peter directly on a sale, always through AH or Noisebug, or buying used from someone else.

I only ever had one issue with a module, my M13, which after contacting Shawn and Peter, was quickly fixed and sent back (I was only out $6 shipping).

As a matter of practice, I want to buy through a retailer and not direct, so when there's some new Plan B modules that I want (I'm still waiting for the M16) I will be purchasing, but through a dealer.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Hasn't there been enough anger toward Plan B already? Do we really need this poll or another Plan B thread? What purpose is this really going to serve?

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:44 pm

Not voting.

2 M-15s and an M-12 which I like a lot, especially the M-15s.

Bought them through AH.

Comments: There were loose nuts on the M15 panels. Not a big deal just sloppy and I've never had that with other modules. Tracking has been good enough for me. M-12 pot for "BandWidth" is oddly scaled, all the action's in the first third. Not a big deal but why? The important stuff has been fine though and everything sounds great and is fun to use.

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Post by sascha.victoria » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:48 pm

In the fourth quarter of 2008 I purchased the following modules from Noisebug. I have not had a problem with any of them and they are awesome.

2x M09
2x M10
1x M11
1x M13
1x M14
1x M24
1x M25
1x M28
1x M31
2x M38

In January I got on the wait list for the M32. After receiving an email that the modules were ready to ship as soon as I sent payment: I sent payment. We are getting close to 2 months and I still don't have my M32. I have had some communication with Peter. It is starting to feel like what some people have described on the various Plan B threads.

Having talked to Peter he has had some unfortunate things happen in the past few months so I've given a bit of leeway. That being said 2009 hasn't been the best year for me but I still go to work every day and get the things done that need done. My line of work is highly competitive. If I just don't turn something in on time I will most likely lose that client and it will probably get back to other clients creating a domino effect.

I wouldn't really care if anyone was going to be late delivering something I paid for if they maintained communication. Peter has been really bad at doing something which is really easy: send an email to explain what is up and then follow through with a new delivery date. All in all, I think I have about 1 month of waiting before I get really pissed off.

For now, I am hoping for the best and I don't want Plan B to fail.

-Sascha

p.s. I'm starting to think that Peter should be the mad genius behind Plan B and someone else with proper experience should be hired to run it.

p.p.s If I decide to purchase any other Plan B modules in the future it will be through Big City Music. My situation would be much easier to deal with if I wasn't dealing with Plan B "not so" direct.

p.p.p.s I didn't vote either. Moral of the story, don't buy direct from Peter. Buy from a dealer.
Last edited by sascha.victoria on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DougD
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DougD » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:48 pm

I have no experiences with plan b (or any modular maker) and plan on picking up a model 10 and an elf LFO from Big City Music once I have enough money to buy my initial group of modules, and I look forward to enjoying them - the model 10 especially.

chinard
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chinard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 pm

not voting.

not because of lack of options but because this poll serves no purpose other than trolling.

Reptil
In space no one can hear you wiggle

Post by Reptil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:12 am

....snip...

this will self destruct in 10, 9, 8, 7, ... :razz:

Goooo Jennifer. 8_)
Last edited by Reptil on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

haven
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by haven » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:14 am

chinard wrote:not voting.

not because of lack of options but because this poll serves no purpose other than trolling.
I agree. This thread serves no constructive purpose. We don't need any more negative Plan B threads. There is lots of other things to talk about - give Plan B a chance to recover.

How about starting another poll - maybe favorite filter for leads? or perhaps how to deal with cable management in large patches?

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 am

chinard wrote:not voting.

I agree and I'm not voting and we shouldn't keep bumping this.... Oh shit, I juist did.

OK, next person to post on this thread :spank:

DGTom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DGTom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:25 am

haven wrote:how to deal with cable management in large patches?
I bought a flashlight & hired a guide... sometimes I leave a trail of bread crumbs, when I arrive at the gingerbread cottage I know the patch is done!

Edit; :oops:

I was typing while you posted REwire! sanc-tu-ary! SANC-TU-ARY!!!

Johnisfaster
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:41 am

I think this poll serves a great purpose, when a lot of people are complaining you can easily lose perspective and start thinking everyone who has done business with the company is getting hosed. This makes it far easier to understand how big the problem is and therefor a person can make a more educated decision as to whether they want to do business with plan B in the future.

A Dingleberry Monstrosity
eat the kids first

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 am

I accidentally a flashlight.

is this bad?

futuresoundsystems
<3 CMOS

Post by futuresoundsystems » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

Can we have a "I bought gear through a supplier, it never came into stock at their end due to Peter's lack of communication, I cut the order and was refunded" option?
Unique designs and ideas in sound since 2005:
http://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:47 pm

i don't see why this should be seen as a negative thread. its just an opportunity for people to report in a simple and clear way. Its important that people who've had good experiences vote too

bar|none
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bar|none » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:53 pm

I agree. bump.

berfmurret
Ultra Wiggler

Post by berfmurret » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:57 pm

i bought my only plan b module on the used market.. m15.. (have an m10 on the way) it works great... but then again my requirements don't seem to be as strenuous as others... the jacks are a little loose for my cables.. meh...

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Bought a new Model 15 from Shawn Cleary. Wave morph was non-functinal on it. Peter G. accused me of breaking it by fucking with the calibration pots when I hadn't touched a thing. Returned it. Also, the build quality looked lke shit.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”