MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

.SHN and Switch update if you care.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author .SHN and Switch update if you care.
suitandtieguy
.SHN (Sample Hold/Noise, part of a 1MU noise/sh/asr module as well) is verified, changes notated. signal input/output appears to be as close to 1:1 as my scope can show, and the transition time is at 200 microseconds from a 5v pulse. changes will be rolled into PCB revision, which will move the design from through-hole to SMT, then re-verified and put to production. SMT board depth is currently estimated at 1.75".

Switch prototype shows input/output to be 1:1 as well, but is showing behavioiur which requires more attention. It's being sent to Det3 today for further analysis this weekend.
flippantminister
yay, looking forward to .shn!
mikecameron
Was at the soundlab last night and brought home a prototype .SHN to play with. This workday couldn't end soon enough!

Really digging the concept behind the switch. Hope the issues are easily ironed out.
companyofquail
booyah
suitandtieguy
Henfield
mikecameron wrote:
Was at the soundlab last night and brought home a prototype .SHN to play with. This workday couldn't end soon enough!

Really digging the concept behind the switch. Hope the issues are easily ironed out.
Lucky you!! What do you have to do to get this type of honor! I am not worthy!!!
reppiks
suitandtieguy wrote:
.SHN (Sample Hold/Noise, part of a 1MU noise/sh/asr module as well) is verified, changes notated. signal input/output appears to be as close to 1:1 as my scope can show, and the transition time is at 200 microseconds from a 5v pulse. changes will be rolled into PCB revision, which will move the design from through-hole to SMT, then re-verified and put to production. SMT board depth is currently estimated at 1.75".

I care!! Been looking forward to the .SHN sine it was first talked about...
do you have an estimate on when and how much, pretty please?
reppiks
mikecameron wrote:

tell us about your thoughts on the .SHN prototype!
suitandtieguy
Henfield wrote:
Lucky you!! What do you have to do to get this type of honor!

he's a nice guy who comes over and does some soldering to keep me from having a nervous breakdown.

Donald Crunk will have another one of these prototypes at the gathering next weekend in Marseilles IL.

reppiks wrote:
I care!! Been looking forward to the .SHN sine it was first talked about...
do you have an estimate on when and how much, pretty please?

within 2 months, and it should be price-comparable to the other utility modules i have.
reppiks
suitandtieguy wrote:
within 2 months, and it should be price-comparable to the other utility modules i have.

cool thanks!
Henfield
STG, between you and OakleyKrisp1, all these new MU modules are going to keep me broke for the forseeable future! I can see this module and the Octave divider module making their ways into my cabinet!!!
mikecameron
reppiks wrote:

tell us about your thoughts on the .SHN prototype!

Not much to say really. Works as expected? I mean, this is the type of module that should just do what it's supposed to do. Which it does.

GREATEST S&H MODULE EVAR!! It's motherfucking bacon yo It's peanut butter jelly time! Dead Banana
reppiks
Goodo, thanks !
Christopher Winkels
Henfield wrote:
STG, between you and OakleyKrisp1, all these new MU modules are going to keep me broke for the forseeable future! I can see this module and the Octave divider module making their ways into my cabinet!!!

Add Doug's SSL stuff to that list and I'll have to take out a second mortgage. thumbs up
suitandtieguy
oh well now it looks like i'll be using the Switch next weekend in the field.
WaveRider
flippantminister wrote:

+1
hiawog
suitandtieguy wrote:

this is exciting news! w00t i've been wanting.
Drumdrumdrumdrum
There are no S&H mods anywhere to buy from anyone right now, so I may as well wait for this one, hey?
Neo
WaveRider wrote:
flippantminister wrote:

+1

+1
hiawog
hey suitandtieguy - as i mentioned i'm also psyched about .shn. you may have seen the recent threads regarding the noise output level on elby and asys's sh/noise modules. apparently both are pretty low (i think i remember someone metering like 1.7v?). any chance you can speak to the noise level you're getting?

thanks!
mckenic
Sorry if this is a silly question mate - will this be available in Euro format alos please?

Really stupid of my - I sold my Asol Sample Hold/Noise and would LOVE this!
suitandtieguy
yes. both.
mckenic
applause

Excellent! Thanks for that! Hurry please!

thumbs up
reppiks
reppiks wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:

cool thanks!

Is the .SHN still on target in the coming weeks?
Cheers!
alexwhite
Very keen for this - I'm hoping it won't be super deep? I have to lose my Elby S+h n because my new case can't accommodate it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3