MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How many 300 series systems are out there?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author How many 300 series systems are out there?

wavecircle

With there being so few videos online and not that much on soundcloud I was wondering how many 300 series owners there are?

Ekofisk

Well, there's you! Now make a video!

wavecircle

Not here yet. I need a PSU and case also.

Ekofisk

Ahh. Well in that case, I'd like to know as well.
There really are very few videos etc online, and I, for one, would like to see more.

3vcos

I think I remember grant mentioning when he retired the 300 series there were roughly 350 modules out there. That was quite a few years ago but I don't think he made many since production started again. Now with production restarted I'd guess there are around 400 modules out there at this time....?

rico loverde

i just played with el clones new 300 system this week. first time on one. they are so friggin cool. the mixolator kinda did my head in.

wavecircle

3vcos wrote:
I think I remember grant mentioning when he retired the 300 series there were roughly 350 modules out there. That was quite a few years ago but I don't think he made many since production started again. Now with production restarted I'd guess there are around 400 modules out there at this time....?

So excluding Gary Chang there are about 200 modules out there? Mr. Green

plord

Would be interesting to count them. I bet we have a fair representation just here on Muff's.

Cary Grace (1) (It still counts! Maybe triple!)
Gary Chang (36)
smoo
Muff (15)
Me (14)
sandyb (8)
Norman Phay (9)
revmutt (15)
Fnord (6)
Wavecircle (8)
El Clone
Ekofisk (9)
Construct09 (5)
Eef
3VCOs (7)
fluxmonkey (8)
ChamomileShark (11)
AcidHangover (12)
anadeji (3)
ModularFreak (15)

That's 175 300 series modules confirmed so far, plus ~9 old and new controllers.
I bet I am missing a few posters; speak up and I'll update the list. Adding what I know about some systems (mine, Muff's, Gary's, sandyb's, Norman's) and completely wild-ass guessing a 6 module "System 1" type of layout for most everyone else on average, fudge fudge, that's 175 true blue Wiard modules right there[*]. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that we had 50% of all existing Wiard 300 modules owned and represented by Muff forum members. Probably more.

[*] I have excluded from this count the crazy 300 format DIY modules that Norman and I have made or had built, and also skipped counting new or old joystick controllers or 1200 series. This is just 300 format tall blue wondermodules.

3vcos

Hmmm....how many modules count as a system? Heck, a waveform city or classic vco and a Borg is a system. :-)

plord wrote:
Would be interesting to count them. I bet we have a fiar representation just here on Muff's.

Grant, obviously.
Cary Grace too.
Gary Chang
smoo
Muff
Me
sandyb
Norman Phay
revmutt
Fnord
Wavecircle
El Clone
Ekofisk
Construct09
Eef

I bet I am missing a few posters; speak up and I'll update the list. Adding what I know about some systems (mine, Muff's, Gary's, sandyb's, Norman's) and completely wild-ass guessing a 6 module "System 1" type of layout for most everyone else on average, fudge fudge, that's 150 true blue Wiard modules right there[*]. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that we had 50% of all existing Wiard 300 modules owned and represented by Muff forum members. Probably more.

[*] I have excluded from this count the crazy 300 format DIY modules that Norman and I have made or had built.

wavecircle

A 300 series wogglebug is a system.

I guess anyone who owns 300 series module(s)

revmutt

Because of the sheer quality and density of the modules there aren't that many systems that go beyond six or eight modules. I think with Wiard anything beyond that may be considered large.

3vcos

Well then at 7 modules I guess I belong on that short list too. w00t

pulse_divider

I used to own the first one pictured here:
http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/DIY/Grant/custom.htm
Gary Chang bought it from me and didn't want the case, as he was absorbing the modules into his huge system.
I still have that case and still haven't found a use for it... just dug it out of the basement the other day and brought it into the studio in the hopes of throwing something in it.

Muff Wiggler

i have fifteen 300 series modules, with one space left in my (still in production) case, my final system will have 16 of the 300 series units.

3vcos

I say, God Damn! That's a big fat system!

Muff Wiggler wrote:
i have fifteen 300 series modules, with one space left in my (still in production) case, my final system will have 16 of the 300 series units.

plord

Updated the list. I have 14 actual Wiard modules and another 14 spaces worth of DIY and custom made 300 format stuff. Um, at least. It's still in storage except the modules delivered in the last year cry

plord

Added more folks who spoke up, and if there really are 350 total 300 series modules out there in the wild, then if my assumptions are good then we are definitely over the halfway point now.

revmutt

I have 15 300 series modules plus including the controller. My case holds two frames and the controller. I am looking to add a second case, possibly move all the modules that had been part of system #2 into it's own case -if that isn't the kind of geek shit this board is made of I don't know what is.

chamomileshark

11 300 series modules - one on the way and the new controller.

sandyb

i'm on 8 x 300 series modules plus a new controller

2 wogglebugs
waveform city with hylander expander
classic vco
mixolator
envelator
borg
sequantizer

i've also got a couple of 300 series style repanels - dual blacet quad vca and a frequency divider.

Norman_Phay

I got 9 x 300-series - 2 x WC, CVCO, borg, omni, wogglebug, seq, env and mixo. I am building a larger (2 rows of 8) case, IDK if there will be any new 300-modules, it would be great to see the wave terrain osc and the envelooper, but I don't mind, I have a 300-size panel for Oakley Equinoxe/octal reso and have panels designed for fonik vcp seq and dual Blacet VCADSR (the Blacet VCADSR fits in w Wiard so very well) I'm thinking about designing a pair of panels for dual oscillator and anti-oscillators as well confused

3vcos

This is slightly off topic from the thread but...

Does anyone have any 300 series from panel designs they would like to share? I have a couple panels from Plord I got a while ago which are amazing. I'd love to get a anti/vco panel or a dual borg. :-)

Fnord

I have 6, and I will never let them go. If there's ever a zombie apocalypse, the 1st 2 things I will grab will be my wiard and my .45, you know, the important things for survival.

I'd like to make the jump to 12 at some point in the future.

plord

Updated my post with module counts. We are trending higher than the "6 per person" that I guessed smile

wavecircle

I have 8 + original controller.

Where did all you other guys get the new controller, just when they were last in stock?

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3