MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

talked to the wife today
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author talked to the wife today
aetherpulse
I talked to her about selling my Blacet rig and buying a Serge creature today. She said selling it would be stupid after all the work I put into it, rather we should save the money and have both!! So I should be in Serge land by the end of the year!

Now for a question, the Creature is all I will be able to aford for a while and empty spaces make me cry, so has anyone tried making a panel of diy stuff to put in the empty space of the boat? I have quite a bit of CGS sstuff that seems like it would play nice with a Creature.

Any way I can't wait!!
parasitk
aetherpulse wrote:
She said selling it would be stupid after all the work I put into it, rather we should save the money and have both!!

She is wise! w00t Congrats!
felix
Don't you love it when that happens? w00t
b3nsf
1 volt per octave FTW!!! 8_) Mr. Green
zthee
DIY M-odule! we're not worthy we're not worthy
cebec
Congrats! Take a look at zthee's work with CGS in Serge-style panels. eek!
aetherpulse
I guess the real question is what's the connector to the power supply in the m-boat? How easy will it be to get power to the diy stuff?

[quoteTake a look at zthee's work with CGS[/quote]

His stuff is amazing! Anything I do is likely to be bare metal with sharpie labels...
just ask rex an xtra connector/cable!
HexEnduction
Zthee's DIY shop panel is incredible. we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

You should just ask him for some pointers/help.

The connectors are pictured in the Naked Creature thread. When you get the m-boat/PSU2a you will see the distribution board has 4 power sockets. You wont need an extra cable/connector but you might possibly need a common socket depending on what the CGS power strip looks like.
aetherpulse
Sounds and looks like it should be pretty easy to make a diy panel. How about a Wogglebug, gated comparator, and a super psycho lfo? Ddo you think they would fit?

Of course what is llikely to really happen is that I play with the creature and decide I like Serge so much that I sell the frac anyway! But at least I'll have the option...
parasitk
Man, a banana Woggle in a M-Class panel would be very fucking cool! SlayerBadger!
aetherpulse
Yeah, it seems like the wogglebug would fit in nicely.
wetterberg
aetherpulse wrote:
Yeah, it seems like the wogglebug would fit in nicely.
funny, I find the wogglebug to be almost ANTI-serge in its approach - in a Serge system you have to patch such things up from smaller subsystems... I like that bit about it - the wogglebug is quite the opposite; pre-patched and ready to roll, for better or for worse.
aetherpulse
[quoteI find the wogglebug to be almost ANTI-serge in its approach[/quote]

The more I study how the different modules work ( I've done a lot of research tonight) I think you are probably right, but it would look so cool!!
incekt
aetherpulse wrote:
I talked to her about selling my Blacet rig and buying a Serge creature today. She said selling it would be stupid after all the work I put into it, rather we should save the money and have both!! So I should be in Serge land by the end of the year!

Now for a question, the Creature is all I will be able to aford for a while and empty spaces make me cry, so has anyone tried making a panel of diy stuff to put in the empty space of the boat? I have quite a bit of CGS sstuff that seems like it would play nice with a Creature.

Any way I can't wait!!

i tell the wife that everything costs about 20% of the actual value.... that way she dosen't kill me....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1