MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VOLTA!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author VOLTA!
bar|none
>i think the apple mighty mouse is a total POS
different strokes for different folks then
parasitk
I use a Logitech trackball. Stole it from my last job where it was used on a PC.
ignatius
bar|none wrote:
>i think the apple mighty mouse is a total POS
different strokes for different folks then

yeah totally. i have friends who love it but i'm a putz i guess and half the time i right click on it my finger is in just wrong place and i get the widgets popping up instead of a right click.. i need a separate dedicated space so i know just where my right finger is.
perky
i have always used Logitechs to my macs since 2000
stretta
Analog>Plugins wrote:
I'll buy the version that is out now and try to use the Hackintosh (really hate the way the mouse works on a mac), with Cubase. But will wait hopefully for a vst version.

Keep in mind Volta does not work with Cubase. Maybe there is an AU wrapper for Cubase that'll work, but I don't personally know of one and it certainly hasn't been tested.
Analog>Plugins
We've had this discussion before Stretta lol.... I will be using Kore 2 as a host for AU plugins. Kore 2 can access the individual outputs and inputs of your soundcard. I could use Live 8 over rewire hooked up to Cubase 5 as well, with Live hosting Volta.

But really what me and half of europe want is a Pc Vst version....go on....you know you want to razz

As for the mac mouse thing........

It's all about the acceleration. I'm so used to the windows mouse movements that when I go over to the mac instalation it's like moving a mouse through mud.

When you move your mouse it moveds fine, then as you slow down your movement the mouse pointer screeches to a halt and moves at 1 pixel a minuite very frustrating drives me fricking crazy. Loads of people really hacked off with this simple annoying thing.

Apparently it was fine in tiger, you had an option to tune the mouse acceleration, not so in leopard. I know it's a small thing but man it makes hard work using a mac when you are used to windows.

It's like tying your shoe laces when your hands are numb from cold.
parasitk
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Apparently it was fine in tiger, you had an option to tune the mouse acceleration, not so in leopard. I know it's a small thing but man it makes hard work using a mac when you are used to windows.

Ah, I have Tiger and the acceleration is great. I've used 10.5 though and haven't noticed any difference, so perhaps the setting is in a new place that you've missed? No idea, just guessing. I know they moved a ton of shit around in 10.5.
bar|none
The Leopard acceleration is called "Tracking" in mouse preferences.

It is exponential, meaning you move slow and it moves slowly and acccurately, you move faster and it moves exponentially faster.
bar|none
So am I right that we can't get Volta till around May 5th? Seems that it is released yet not available.

Too bad we can't simply download it since it's protected by iLok anyway. Then just simply authorize the iLok through our vendor.
stretta
Quote:
So am I right that we can't get Volta till around May 5th? Seems that it is released yet not available.

That sounds about right. We'll have manuals on Monday. The warehouse will start building packages and sending out to retailers shortly thereafter. Allow some transit time, and poof, you're at May 5th.

Incidentally, I'll be demonstrating Volta at AHNE on May 2nd. Fellow analog enthusiasts are encouraged to come out, ask questions, punch me in the gut, etc...

Quote:
Too bad we can't simply download it since it's protected by iLok anyway. Then just simply authorize the iLok through our vendor.

Waiting sucks. I'm a gear nut. I understand and empathize.
bar|none
Thanks Stretta.

I need to learn patience. I have plenty of toys to keep me busy for the next few weeks anyway.

I look forward to it though.
bar|none
Just shipped from sweetwater today!

Oooh I can't wait. Getting it for the weekend.
3vcos
So about DC offset...
is there a way to compensate for DC offset from my audio device from within Volta? I guess a DC offset adjustment feature in Volta? Anything like that?
I've already looked into modding my interface and it shouldn't be a problem...
bar|none
Are you talking about calibration of CV for pitch control of an oscillator. Volta calibrates that automatically.
3vcos
[quote="bar|none"]Are you talking about calibration of CV for pitch control of an oscillator. Volta calibrates that automatically.[/quote]

Nope. I'm talkin' DC offset. Anyone?
1nput0utput
3vcos wrote:
bar|none wrote:
Are you talking about calibration of CV for pitch control of an oscillator. Volta calibrates that automatically.

Nope. I'm talkin' DC offset. Anyone?

The marketing material doesn't say anything about that kind of feature and no one has mentioned it before. The calibration for pitch CV should compensate for DC offset because the plug-in analyzes the audio output of the oscillator according to various control voltages. However, I don't think calibration applies to other Volta generators like the LFOs or AU ramps so it won't help you with those.

If you're going to be modifying an interface anyway, shouldn't it be possible to fix the offset with further modification?
3vcos
making it dc coupled is very easy. revoming the offset is a bit more complicated.
3vcos
we'll see if the tuning feature fully compensates for this. that said any envelopes, lfos etc will have the problem.
xpander
just got an email from sweetwater than volta has shipped out to me -> Cthulhu
alt-mode
3vcos wrote:
we'll see if the tuning feature fully compensates for this. that said any envelopes, lfos etc will have the problem.

Hmm, I don't have any problem with gates or envelopes using Volta. My understanding is that Volta uses positive and negative voltages for pitch to get a wider range but uses positive only voltages for EGs and gates. I can't remember at the moment if LFOs are positive only.

Why would there be a DC offset on your outgoing interface? DC offset is more of a problem when recording than playing back, no?

Eric
stretta
3vcos wrote:
I can't remember at the moment if LFOs are positive only.

Currently, LFOs and ramps are bi-polar. I have it down as a feature request to provide a unipolar mode, which would be useful for various reasons, including for devices that only want to see positive voltage ranges like the Buchla 200e.
Bath House
I've never dealt with ilok before - is this something that comes in the box with Volta, or do I need to buy one separately?
smitty
Edited to : Included in the box with Volta.
Bath House
smitty wrote:
You need to get one of these : http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iLok/

Oh, that's terrible! Is this the type of thing you can find on newegg for $8? It seems bizarre to pay $40 for something to merely hold licenses.
bar|none
I just got Volta today. The iLok was included in the box.

As much as I hate iLoks, that fact that they included it was pretty sweet, even though I already owned one from purchasing another plug that needed it but had to shell out the $50 to get it.

I was able to easily transfer the Volta license to my main iLok, so I guess I could sell the included one now if I wanted to.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 6 of 7