MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VOLTA!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author VOLTA!
Analog>Plugins
Analog>Plugins wrote:
So what is the price on this going to be?

And also what sort of copy protection will it have?

Looking forward to the release.

So whats the damage on the wallet going to be? confused
stretta
http://www.motu.com/products/software/volta

Web pages are now live, which marks the official availability of Volta.

LIST price is $249

edit: just realized we released Volta on 4/20.
APPROPRIATE:

Rasta-nana
xpander
sweetwater is preselling for $200:

Sweetwater Volta link
stretta
Quote:

Most excellent.
ignatius
just noticed in the signal flow diagram/info from the motu site that the audio from your synth has to come back into volta to use it? is this the only way to use volta?
panda30y
Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance

But I'm still stuck w/ my Motu 828 mk1. very frustrating very frustrating
stretta
Quote:
just noticed in the signal flow diagram/info from the motu site that the audio from your synth has to come back into volta to use it? is this the only way to use volta?

No, that is just a convenience intended for the sum return so Volta acts more like a 'regular' virtual instrument for bounce to disc operations, etc..

However, calibration obviously requires input, but this is done though independent sidechains.
ignatius
stretta wrote:
Quote:

No, that is just a convenience intended for the sum return so Volta acts more like a 'regular' virtual instrument for bounce to disc operations, etc..

However, calibration obviously requires input, but this is done though independent sidechains.

smile awesome. love

Some E352 Cloud Terrarium audio samples
xpander
stretta wrote:
Quote:

Most excellent.

i placed my order before i even posted that... i have waaay too many cv-controlled synths to not have volta!
TWINSTATES
Still no uk info. ..

Guess we will have to wait a bit.

Probably for the packages to be airfreighted over https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

[/i]
Analog>Plugins
Stretta please please please tell me you are working on a vst version of this software Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green hyper hyper hyper
Analog>Plugins
Oh....and what copy protection does it use?
Analog>Plugins
I know I'm harping on, but it might be useful to people thinking of buying if they are told which Motu interfaces will work with Volta in the marketing info given out.

The Motu 828mk1 as you say isn't good enough to be used by Volta... but I couldn't see that on the Motu page, unless it's a clever ploy to get people to then go and buy a better interface 8_)

But two things are important to me.

1. Vst version for Pc

2. Copy protection system for the mac version...what is being used.

Cheers dude and good luck with the release.
sydilaxe
Why does it matter what copy protection it uses?!

I don't understand why people have such an issue with paying for software. I mean, Volta costs less or the same as an average analog module and offers so much more. Isn't it worth supporting the companies and individuals who are working hard on developing new tools for our systems?! I don't even own a MOTU interface (I prefer my Metric Halo converters) and Volta will probably encourage me to pick one up to dedicate to Volta.

I have to say kudos to Stretta and everyone else who supported and worked on this endeavor (all very forward thinking individuals).
wetterberg
sydilaxe wrote:
Why does it matter what copy protection it uses?!

I don't understand why people have such an issue with paying for software.
this has nothing to do with it; A number of copy protection schemes are quite invasive and can bog down your systems, and also be a general PITA... PACE and Synchrosoft have caused a lot of problems to some users... who, mind you, pay for the priviledge.

- nothing to do with piracy, sydilaxe.
sydilaxe
Which Mac software packages use PACE and Synchrosoft? Please let me know, so that I can avoid them...
alt-mode
Volta uses iLok by PACE. It has worked for me with no issues.

Eric
ignatius
alt-mode wrote:
Volta uses iLok by PACE.

that's pretty much a deal breaker for me unless they are offering a challenge response authorization and authorization on more than one computer.

also, i don't understand motu.. DP requires no dongle but their plug in does?

also, do they think people who own analog modulars and have more than one new/vintage analog synth aren't gonna cough up $200 for a plug in that's is potentially so awesome?

iLoks are dumb. they break get lost or stolen and then all your auths go with it.
parasitk
It's no different than Mach V (and maybe other MOTU paid plugins), which also uses iLok. No surprise there. I already have an iLok or URS plugs, so this is no big deal for me.
ignatius
parasitk wrote:
It's no different than Mach V (and maybe other MOTU paid plugins), which also uses iLok. No surprise there. I already have an iLok or URS plugs, so this is no big deal for me.

i have one too for the few URS plugs as well but i won't buy anymore plugs that use iLok because i want to use the plugs on my laptop as well as desktop and i don't want to deal w/the iLok sticking off my laptop or getting lost/stolent or broken when traveling or playing live. i use the URS plugs when mixing on my desktop and wish i had them for use on my laptop but there's no way i'm gonna stick that stupid piece of crap plastic in the USB port to get knackered. so it goes..

there are better ways to deal w/copy protection and better ways to treat customers.
parasitk
Actually that's a really good point. Not a biggie for EQ plugins, but I was hoping to gig with Volta on my laptop. Now I realize that's not gonna happen with an iLok – There's no way I'm taking that on tour!

Shit! very frustrating
dkcg
I like iloks better than the old com port sentinel dongles and the old dongles that daisychain into the keyboards (old school microguard), and better than flexLM which pretty much locks it to your ethernet card.

I got a bunch of Cycling74 on my ilok. Great for cross platform usage. MaxMSP on my Mac or PC.
parasitk
I have NO problem with an iLok in the studio. However it would be a nightmare for playing live. I guess I'll have to stick to MIDI-CV converters live. :(
tragedybysyntax
So... I dont understand why this is such a big deal? Why couldent you just have a seperate ilok key just for volta? just keep it in a safe spot... talking 200 bucks.. not 6k in plugins if it just so happen (most likely would not) get stolen. But I agree.... Ilok is the gayest thing next to mr. garrison.
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
So... I dont understand why this is such a big deal? Why couldent you just have a seperate ilok key just for volta? just keep it in a safe spot... talking 200 bucks.. not 6k in plugins if it just so happen (most likely would not) get stolen. But I agree.... Ilok is the gayest thing next to mr. garrison.

Dunno if you're talking to me, but if you can't see why relying on a tiny plastic usb plug on a tour is worrisome, it's because you've never toured! razz razz But again, yeah in the studio, it's no big deal at all.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 4 of 7