MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Adding more brutality to a Wretch with the new 5U modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Adding more brutality to a Wretch with the new 5U modules
FatRocky
I own a Wretch Machine as many of you...

I've been thinking in transforming this beast into the most violent raping motherfucking monster with the use of more modules like the new 5u Metasonix modules, TM's TX's and some utility modules .

What do you suggest for that upgraded architecture? twisted
Cybananna
The new 5U Metasonix look great! Zerosum (Zerosum Inertia) is a great guy. I've bought stuff through him before.

I think they're all great. The R-53 is great. Not really anything like it and It's much more useful and versatile than the waveshaper on the Wretch.
thermionicjunky
Cybananna wrote:
The new 5U Metasonix look great! Zerosum (Zerosum Inertia) is a great guy. I've bought stuff through him before.

I think they're all great. The R-53 is great. Not really anything like it and It's much more useful and versatile than the waveshaper on the Wretch.

I agree. It's great to have a version of the waveshaper without the BN6.But I think my first choice would be the R-51. The waveshapers are best with VCAs at the inputs.
Cybananna
thermionicjunky wrote:
Cybananna wrote:

I agree. It's great to have a version of the waveshaper without the BN6.But I think my first choice would be the R-51. The waveshapers are best with VCAs at the inputs.

Can't argue with that either. The R-51 is a great module I use all the time.
zerosum
R54's w00t
Three of them w00t
Patched in series w00t

Also suggest the R52 with 12AW6 tubes, having voltage control of the resonance brings that circuit to another dimension.

The real fun is 1 R54 into the R53 audio input,
another R54 into the R53 ringmod carrier input,
R53 output into R54.....or R51......or both eek!
FatRocky
Would you sell your Wretch and other modules and start getting only R modules?

Are the 5u better sounding and more versatile than the 3u R modules? They look better by the Wretch of course.

Having an eurorack system is not easy to start another format.

Thanks all.
FatRocky
How many 5u modules can I plug , for example here:
http://www.noisebug.net/site/effects/index.cfm?ID=175

I don't see power supply specs in this case but how much would five R 5u's need?

In case of getting the 3u modules , How many can I plug in a Doepfer G6?

Thanks again
machetemirage
zerosum wrote:
R54's w00t
Three of them w00t
Patched in series w00t

Also suggest the R52 with 12AW6 tubes, having voltage control of the resonance brings that circuit to another dimension.

The real fun is 1 R54 into the R53 audio input,
another R54 into the R53 ringmod carrier input,
R53 output into R54.....or R51......or both eek!

All of this could make for a very fun "EuroWretch"

zerosum
Quote:
Would you sell your Wretch and other modules and start getting only R modules?

I'll never sell either of my Wretch's.
That is one of the instruments that I truly connect with.
the R modules are more immediately versatile than the Wretch, but it's a different mindset and workflow.
When used together there are lots of possibilities eek!

Quote:

Are the 5u better sounding and more versatile than the 3u R modules?

They are identical accept I added options for extra jacks, which just mirror the 1/8" jacks.
Having 3 copied outputs on one module is very useful to my workflow.

The positives of euro are:
They cost less.
They take up less space.
They are yellow.

So if you want to go for quantity, it's hard to beat the euro modules w00t

Quote:
How many 5u modules can I plug

With a QCR8 you can fit 3 in one rack.
They take up two dotcom spaces or two Moog Units as some call it hihi
They are too wide to sit directly next to eachother so you would need to put a 1 space module in between each 5U R module.
I am also working on 1 space modules to go next to these, so in the future it will be possible to have a solid rack full of 5U black modules!
w00t

Quote:
In case of getting the 3u modules , How many can I plug in a Doepfer G6?

One of each R module, so R54, R53, R52, R51.
Variations of 4, although I think 4XR54's might be too much for a G6,
the R54 pulls the most current.
zerosum
You may want to consider the new Monorocket Mission 6B:
http://bigcitymusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_18&pr oducts_id=678

It provides DOUBLE the power of a G6/P6 and its 90HP per row,
so you could fit 4 R modules in one row.

Eric has a Monorocket Gemini and he has 8 R modules in it eek!
I think the Gemini he has uses the same power supply as what is in the Mission 6B and 9B.
Either way, the new Monorocket v 2.0 cases can power a lot of Metasonix!
FatRocky
Thanks a lot Zerosum ( and all of you guys)

Now it's all clear.

I'll check the Monorocket case for some euro R and will never sell my Wretch.
nanners
Cybananna
keep the Wretch. Nothing can replicate it. Not R modules, not TM's. I'll never get rid of mine either. My rule is to never sell Metasonix stuff ever.
Nelson Baboon
I think that maybe people need to use less offensive vocabulary when describing musical instruments. yeah - I find the op to be offensive and I'll stand by that.
slow_riot
at drool, i am in some form of agreement, although I don't think you're gonna solve too much problems in the world by arguing about this point.

i think artistic license allows some freedom, and of course, I don't believe that a metasonix product was actually implicated directly in any form of personal abuse.
slow_riot
i've spent time with various metasonix products, and tried to put together my 'best of', for me, which is r54, tm1 and tm2, and an r51 before ringmod in into tm1.

I think Eric has made the wretch very carefully to satisfy all the different demands required by the different tube circuits, and how the machine functions creatively overall. I'd say unless you have really began to find issues in the wretch that it's worth sticking with it and getting deeper inside it. Or finding something to play alongside it, rather than with it.
Nelson Baboon
the issue isn't that it will solve problems in the world. One could come up with other examples (I'm not going to try to come up with other examples of speech that is offensive) that I think that most people would find so.

slow_riot wrote:
at drool, i am in some form of agreement, although I don't think you're gonna solve too much problems in the world by arguing about this point.

i think artistic license allows some freedom, and of course, I don't believe that a metasonix product was actually implicated directly in any form of personal abuse.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1