MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Switch - ordering open to investors.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Switch - ordering open to investors.
suitandtieguy
if you haven't seen it, it looks like this:

hi res version

it does pretty much what it says on the front panel. the voltage section responds to these voltages:

0-1V: no connection
1-2V: input one
2-3V: input two
3-4V: input three
4-5V: input four

the sequential section responds to leading edges at its v-trig input for shifting, and anytime the stage one input is high it stays on stage one and will not shift until stage one input goes low and a leading edge is observed at the v-trig input.

because of how many switch chips are involved here internally, the signal is buffered at the input so this is not a bidirectional device.

the firmware and hardware are debugged but we're going to move to SMT on this for production. the PCB will actually be parallel to the front panel so the overall depth is going to be only 2 to 2.5 inches.

if you want one and don't mind waiting 10 weeks or so, you can order one now for 200 USD. in a few weeks i will add a page about this module to the site and its price will go up to 250 USD.

if you're interested please contact me directly if you don't mind, my email address is listed on the front page of both of my websites.
dude
just want to say again this looks amazing and a great deal!
suitandtieguy
thanks!

it will also feature probably the largest microprocessor used in a sequential switch module!
Bryan B
Doin' it for sure. Thanks for posting this!
Bryan B
Invoice paid.

So many ways to use this module it is driving me crazy just thinking about it. This is way more than just a sequential switch, it is a 12-step, 4 part CV switch and sequential event generator.

The CV switched output is pretty freaking awesome as well as having all outputs available at all times for evolving sequential monstrosities. Then you throw a stage one input on there and blow my mind wide open.
diophantine
Any update on this one, Suit?

Been having a few inspired ideas involving this one of late...
infradead
pretty sure i've harassed det3 about hurrying up and getting this in euro on IRC..

but i think i'm going to need to do it more
sunsinger
As usual, you can count me in!
Mitchk1989
infradead wrote:
pretty sure i've harassed det3 about hurrying up and getting this in euro on IRC..

but i think i'm going to need to do it more

applause
diophantine
Sorry to bump, but just curious if there is an ETA on this one, for those of us who preordered?
suboptimal
Baby, you make me wish I had five U!
bwhittington
Coming up on ten months instead of ten weeks . . . any update on this one?

Cheers,
Brian
suitandtieguy
yes.

it's done, just shopping for an SMT house that will actually return my quote requests. the company i worked with before doesn't care to return my email any more because they are too busy doing more important stuff or something.

fortunately this is commodity manufacturing and my needs are simple so this should be a straight-forward process. it's just not done yet.
sunsinger
suitandtieguy wrote:
yes.

it's done, just shopping for an SMT house that will actually return my quote requests. the company i worked with before doesn't care to return my email any more because they are too busy doing more important stuff or something.

fortunately this is commodity manufacturing and my needs are simple so this should be a straight-forward process. it's just not done yet.

This happens often where smaller orders are just not worth their time. These houses want orders of 250 to 500 or more at a time, just to talk to you. Rudeness is something practiced by more businesses these days. You're not even worth the time to chat with.

I've seen the smt on your new VMS and TMS modules, and its worth the wait. Orders should move quicker when you have a box of finished circuit boards sitting around. 8_)
bwhittington
Thanks for the update, Eric.

suitandtieguy wrote:
it's done . . . it's just not done yet.

hihi (no, really, I get what you meant)
suitandtieguy
good news. we've found someone that actually returns quote requests if you're not listed on NYSE or NASDAQ.

it's a place located 2 miles away from Det3 HQ, they will be handling Archangel as well.

i'll post more details as i have them.
mecanikill
This looks like a interesting module... thumbs up
Bryan B
suitandtieguy wrote:
good news. we've found someone that actually returns quote requests if you're not listed on NYSE or NASDAQ.

it's a place located 2 miles away from Det3 HQ, they will be handling Archangel as well.

i'll post more details as i have them.

I am getting damn excited for this! Thanks for the update Suit.
Drumdrumdrumdrum
This will be great in Euro! hyper
suitandtieguy
thanks. it will also be great when someone other than Ron Sunsinger and I have them.

this one will actually have _two_ boards with SMT layouts, the front panel board has so many LEDs and the volume difference in sales means that i will actually be using SMT LEDs and light pipes on the eurorack version. it'll be pretty sweet.
sonicwarrior
suitandtieguy wrote:

hi res version

File not found.

Did you use low current LEDs?
diophantine
Any news on this one, Suit? Been having some patch ideas where this would come in handy. smile
bwhittington
So . . . it's been two years now since several of us paid for this one. Any update? Seems like the forgotten module in view of your more recent announcements.

Thanks,
Brian

whistlin'
det3
Not forgotten by any means. I've still got it on my drawing board/workbench. I'll leave it to Suit to talk about schedule and such.
bwhittington
Not quite sure I understand. Eric said the SMT version was done back in April 2012. I assumed that this module was at least somewhere in the shuffle of a production cycle.

I appreciate the reply.

det3 wrote:
Not forgotten by any means. I've still got it on my drawing board/workbench. I'll leave it to Suit to talk about schedule and such.

suitandtieguy wrote:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2