MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A-111-5 Synthesizer Voice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer A-111-5 Synthesizer Voice
incekt
I am so stoked for this thing to come out, all this stuff in 24 hp sounds like a real bargain, once the A-100p9 comes out this will be the last piece of the puzzle....

with the addition of the a-111-5 and a-190-2 this in "theory" should be the "final" arrangement for the live synthesizer...
haven
Dieter Doepfer has been saying on the Yahoo group that there is not enough interest in the module so it may not be released. Which is a shame since it seems like a good design using a CEM VCO/VCF/VCA chip = rock solid tracking.

Looks like that new Doepfer synth is this module repackaged into a tabletop.

So far I have been very satisfied with every Doepfer module I own, great value, well built, sounds good and fast tech support.
haven
I recently realized something that may help you on your layout. I had been trying to figure out why the Buchla modulars and some people's racks always seem to have the oscillators on the lower rows - either on the bottom or just above the controller.

I too have my modular arranged like yours - from top: VCO - VCF - mixers/VCA/processors - then on the bottom row I have CV.

what I have found is the modules I want to tweak the most (filters, mixers and envelopes) are usually covered in cables. I almost never tweak a VCO once a patch is playable.

then I realized -
Ah ha! THAT is why people put VCOs on the bottom! the middle and bottom rows get covered in cables - everything you set and forget goes there - everything you tweak goes on the top or sides so your hands can actually get at them.

So when I get my Elby racks built this weekend and my last order of modules for a while arrives I am rearranging everything so filters and tweak able CV goes up top - then mixers, modifiers and VCAs then VCOs and logic and clock on the bottom (set and forget stuff)

of course this is irrelevant if you are not using an external controller with your modular.

sorry I hijacked your thread, I just wanted to share my Ah-Ha! moment with someone.
REwire
Dieter in his SonicState MusicMesse interview said the Dark Energy synth would also be a module, the A-111-5. I think it was the A-111-2 he was not going to make, the Dynamic VCO.
SynthBaron
haven wrote:
Which is a shame since it seems like a good design using a CEM VCO/VCF/VCA chip = rock solid tracking.

I wouldn't say "rock solid". More like "plenty adequate". You'd be surprised at how poorly a CEM 3340 tracks when you're trying to calibrate it to do otherwise.
theabsent
haven wrote:
Dieter Doepfer has been saying on the Yahoo group that there is not enough interest in the module so it may not be released.

I'm pretty sure that you mean A-111-2. This A-111-5 will be released really soon.
haven
theabsent wrote:
haven wrote:
Dieter Doepfer has been saying on the Yahoo group that there is not enough interest in the module so it may not be released.

I'm pretty sure that you mean A-111-2. This A-111-5 will be released really soon.

Good to know - my bad!
NV
I'm curious how this will do against the Cwejman VM-1. Both have unique benefits and drawbacks and the Doepfer looks like it will be about half the price, so it should be interesting to see which one people tend to prefer.
incekt
nevermind.... after looking more closely there is no reset or sync on this thing....damnit... back to the drawing board....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1