MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wish list
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Wish list
Jari Jokinen
Why not put it here too? Maybe some of the smaller manufacturers are seeing this.

"I took time to type my little wish list. What do you think?

- Non-DIY adapter for Yamaha breath controller (I am surprised, that this is not a popular request.)

- New version of A-164-1 with better pushbuttons and more compatible gate signal (A-164-1 is to be discontinued, so not much hope.)

- Continuous fast action push button a la Ondes Martenot (Could be useful in the Monster base for example.)
EDIT: With gate and trigger outputs too

- Pitch to voltage converter

- Quantizer not limited to positive voltages only (There are workarounds,
but...)

- Midi interface not limited to 0V - 5V range

- A module similar to Serge NCOMP voltage controlled divider + comparator

- Pulse/trigger divider capable of multiple odd divisions simultaneously

- A simple fluctuating random voltages module (Maybe Make Noise Wogglebug will fill this function.)

- 16 step sequencer

- 9U suitcase with built in multiples (The space seems to be there.)"
makenoise
Jari Jokinen wrote:


- New version of A-164-1 with better pushbuttons and more compatible gate signal
(A-164-1 is to be discontinued, so not much hope.)

- Continuous fast action push button a la Ondes Martenot (Could be useful in the
Monster base for example.)

- Pitch to voltage converter

- A module similar to Serge NCOMP voltage controlled divider + comparator

- Pulse/trigger divider capable of multiple odd divisions simultaneously

- A simple fluctuating random voltages module (Maybe Make Noise Wogglebug will
fill this function.)


Absolutely, the Wogglebug will fit that bill.

Re: the Serge NComp, couldn't this be done with A combo of the Comparator and VC-Divider from DOepfer?

Re: divider with multiple odd divisions. Will the Flame Clockworks do anything like this? I have not read that manual yet, but it seems possble.

Re: push-buttons. I am working on some control modules which will bring these features.

Re: Pitch to Voltage. Analog Systems has P to V module. I do not know the number, but I have seen the module working pretty good with guitar.

Tony
Waz
- What I really want to see is an easy way to buy a subrack without importing it from Australia or sifting through industrial serial numbers for the right schroff. very frustrating

- A simple Powering solution that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

- 1/8" jacks with a built in mult like a banana cable. (is this even possible?)

- VCS

- A folding case like the Buchla one, but in euro fashion

- I REALLY want to see something like the TKB, but for a more open system like frac and euro.

- And a never ending glass of beer.
wetterberg
actually, one might find that the Doepfer a-163 vc divider works quite well as an N-comp replacement altogether - I'm not 100% but I think that most Doepfer sort of "logic" modules have comparators on the inputs to square up signals.

- you won't get the weird staircase output, though...
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
ASys makes a nice pitch to voltage converter.
Jari Jokinen
makenoise wrote:
Jari Jokinen wrote:
A simple fluctuating random voltages module (Maybe Make Noise Wogglebug will
fill this function.)


Absolutely, the Wogglebug will fit that bill.
Good!

Quote:
Re: the Serge NComp, couldn't this be done with A combo of the Comparator and VC-Divider from DOepfer?
They may do the job. In fact, I already have A-167 Comparator. The A-167+A-163 16HP combo just doesn't seem elegant to me.

Quote:
Re: divider with multiple odd divisions. Will the Flame Clockworks do anything like this? I have not read that manual yet, but it seems possble.
It doesn't seem to do odd divisions. Attached picture is from the manual. Someone correct me, if I am wrong

Quote:
Re: push-buttons. I am working on some control modules which will bring these features.
Good to know.

Quote:
Re: Pitch to Voltage. Analog Systems has P to V module. I do not know the number, but I have seen the module working pretty good with guitar.
It is RS35. I haven't seen a demo exposing its raw performance. I have always wanted a pitch to voltage converter, but after all it might not be as much fun as one might expect.
Jari Jokinen
Waz wrote:
- 1/8" jacks with a built in mult like a banana cable. (is this even possible?)
Those would be really useful, if they had mechanically good feel. I use multiples a lot.

Quote:
- A folding case like the Buchla one, but in euro fashion
That would be nice too. Some euro modules are quite deep though.
wetterberg
Jari Jokinen wrote:
Quote:
- A folding case like the Buchla one, but in euro fashion
That would be nice too. Some euro modules are quite deep though.
actually most are less than 10 cm deep. Should be doable, even though clearly not as slick as the ultra-flat Buchla.
haven
Jari Jokinen wrote:

- 16 step sequencer


the Doepfer sequencer can do this. Your will need two A-155 sequencers and a A-154 Enhanced Sequential Controller. the two A155 can then link into a 16 step sequencer.

To me it makes sense to sell it in parts like this so that those that can afford and need the 16 steps can get something flexible - and everyone else can still afford a basic sequencer.

I have no experience with the Doepfer sequencers however. I use a Machinedrum as my modular sequencer for now.
Jari Jokinen
makenoise wrote:
Re: push-buttons. I am working on some control modules which will bring these features.
Can they be "played" fast?
Jari Jokinen
haven wrote:
Jari Jokinen wrote:

- 16 step sequencer


the Doepfer sequencer can do this. Your will need two A-155 sequencers and a A-154 Enhanced Sequential Controller. the two A155 can then link into a 16 step sequencer.

I had A-154 and one A-155. 16-step sequencer can be patched using A-150 voltage controlled switch(es). Adding second A-155 only gives more channels. Apart from extra patching required for 16 steps, there are some quirks.

Quote:
To me it makes sense to sell it in parts like this so that those that can afford and need the 16 steps can get something flexible - and everyone else can still afford a basic sequencer.

I would like an uncompromised 16-step sequencer and then something like Mini-Milton
dougcl
Recently I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a three channel, VC equalizer, just like the Cwejman VCEQ-3, but with individual outs. Each individual out would then have an output (gate) indicating an overload condition on the channel. It would be a way of interrogating an inbound audio signal regarding its frequency content (at least in three bands) and generating gates off of it.
felix
dougcl wrote:
Recently I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a three channel, VC equalizer, just like the Cwejman VCEQ-3, but with individual outs. Each individual out would then have an output (gate) indicating an overload condition on the channel. It would be a way of interrogating an inbound audio signal regarding its frequency content (at least in three bands) and generating gates off of it.

I know only a little about vocoders, but it sounds like it would be perfect for something like this - especially if it had comparators for each envelope follower.
Kent
Jari Jokinen wrote:


- Pitch to voltage converter







Jari Jokinen wrote:
Midi interface not limited to 0V - 5V range


I talked to Dieter Doepfer about something quite similar to this. I am looking for a MIDI to trigger converter that is velocity sensitive and is scaled to at least +10VDC on the high end of the scale. He said that the firmware of their A-192 could be adapted to be velocity sensitive and that perhaps the unit could be modified for what I was looking to achieve. I have to say that he was quite a gracious gentleman. He's going to talk to his firmware guy.



Jari Jokinen wrote:
16 step sequencer

What about the 2 Doepfer models and the 2 models of Analogue Solutions' Oberkorn?

Jari Jokinen wrote:
16 9U suitcase with built in multiples (The space seems to be there.)"

The Schneider's booth had a modified g6 suitcase with the multiples built in on display. Foretelling of things to come?
Jari Jokinen
Judging from the first video, RS35 seems to track ok.

Kent wrote:

I talked to Dieter Doepfer about something quite similar to this. I am looking for a MIDI to trigger converter that is velocity sensitive and is scaled to at least +10VDC on the high end of the scale. He said that the firmware of their A-192 could be adapted to be velocity sensitive and that perhaps the unit could be modified for what I was looking to achieve. I have to say that he was quite a gracious gentleman. He's going to talk to his firmware guy.

The Schneider's booth had a modified g6 suitcase with the multiples built in on display. Foretelling of things to come?
Nice

Quote:
What about the 2 Doepfer models and the 2 models of Analogue Solutions' Oberkorn?
MAQ16/3 and Schaltwerk: I am looking for more analogue functions, inputs etc.
Oberkorn: Quality issues (?) Might be the best bet.
Modcan: Not available with minijacks (I asked).
Jari Jokinen
...
Montag
-a modular tape delay grin help
-touch plate interface for euro
-power starvation (I think FoH is working on this?)
-a fully functional osc that allows the user to draw/shape the basic waveform

more when I remember...
criticalmonkey
+! on the touch plate/trigger idea for euro
Veqtor
My wishes:
A 16 in, 16 out digitally controlled polarizing matrix mixer with preset storage in a non-volatile memory, which can morph between presets via cv or midi control.

A compact clone of the buchla timbre waveshaper
Montag
Montag wrote:
-a modular tape delay grin help
-touch plate interface for euro
-power starvation (I think FoH is working on this?)
-a fully functional osc that allows the user to draw/shape the basic waveform

more when I remember...

Oh, and I really want a:

-Neural Agonizer in Euro
SoundPool
mini-EQ. like an elf module. something simple like a little 3 or 4 knob EQ that has a fairly steep response

mixer that has mute switches

modular harmonizer, or at least an octave/partials down unit that gives you more options than a square wave

some sort of oscillator bank other than the ones from MFB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group