MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EHX Ravish Sitar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author EHX Ravish Sitar
MrDys
I mentioned this over in a Eurorack thread, but I figure I'll throw it out over here because I'm way excited about this thing:

It's a highly specialized and totally weird pedal. I'm not sure how many guitarists are really looking for a sitar emulation these days...or wouldn't just find a VST to do it, so I don't think this thing has a huge market. But its application for synthesis is vast.

First of all it's an instant drone machine. Feed it something, it generates an endless drone. This can be tuned to a scale. It's also got a kind of timbre control. This gets its own individual output. It's got two expression pedal inputs (hello, CV control!): one that does pitch bending and one that acts as a VCA/mod control for the drone. Could work as a 'freeze chorus' kind of thing too. Instant pads that follow the melody.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

pulse_divider
It certainly sounds better than the Danelectro one I tried a few years back!
I wonder how it will do with something with a softer attack, like a string machine....
jenamu6
Nice.........
dude
that would be an fun module!
Minimoog56
It's motherfucking bacon yo Mike Mathews is a friggin genius - Such Chutzpah! Such Cohones! This guy does not sit on any darn laurels although he certainly could do so given he is one of the largest suppliers of Vaccuum Tubes to the Free World or Former Soviet Republics for that matter! G-d bless this Union Busting Anti-Racketeer Wise Guy who plays killer ragtime piano and is a total mensch!!!! Have you seen the Hot Natasha he has for a girl friend? - a regular Jewish Hugh Hefner to boot! At his age it is a marvel he gets it up again and again!!!! Gotta Love this Guy! (Except for the Union Busting part but then again I have never had to manufacture anything in my life).
DanielW
Please please please post a demo with a synth...
MrDys
They won't be available until "September"...which is vague, but seemingly pretty close. I'll have my hands on one as soon as they are available, and I'll post demos.
revmutt
wow, as someone who is a total vintage EH snob, this could be the one to cause the damn to burst.
James Mandible
Whoa this thing sounds excellent, I've been wanting a Sitar emulator for years. Wonder how much it's gonna cost.... ???

EDIT-placing bets at 200-300.
3vcos
Did you guys listen to the video???? EH had the Ravish Sitar designed by David Cockerell!!!!!!!! yes, he same guy from EMS who designed the VCS3! He did designs for Electro Harmonix back in the 70's like the EH microsynth. Thats fucking awesome!
mckenic
Id be interested to hear it with synths indeed. I prolly have my guitarist head on but I didnt like the 1st demo at all. To me, sounded like a guitarist playing a scale thru a ring-mod and some synth type pedal...

Then I watched the second vid and if I was getting one an expression pedal for pitch would be a must! Loud drone and pitchbend Drunken Homer Simpson Would be cool to have a toggle for the drone/freeze instead of holding!

I guess I dont know enough scales that would suit this pedal for guitar and I have a pitchbendable sitar setting on my Variax - just didnt like the first vid. The second - sold!
ndkent
Well is there a VST? There are sitar samples to be sure but this seems to be an effect which is what caught my attention.
dkcg
Dammit. Want....

I was "meh", then the pitchbend. Rockin' Banana! Om
MindMachine
Damn/Bless EH for all of their weird shit pedals. This is too freaky to pass up. (I still lust for a vintage Attack Decay).
SlayerBadger!
hdd
sounds like an amputed hog.

seriously, you can have a real sitar for this price ...

I'm a big EHX fan, but not this time.

Hog is the real thing for drone.
James Mandible
Sweetwater has it at $240. A bit more than I was hoping for, but not particularly unreasonable.
Bacchus
3vcos wrote:
Did you guys listen to the video???? EH had the Ravish Sitar designed by David Cockerell!!!!!!!! yes, he same guy from EMS who designed the VCS3! He did designs for Electro Harmonix back in the 70's like the EH microsynth. Thats fucking awesome!

He's actually designed a bunch of the recent EHX stuff. It is indeed fucking awesome!
MrDys
New video:

I've got my preorder in.
nrdvrgr
DanielW wrote:
Please please please post a demo with a synth...

YES, very very curious how this thing could turn synthdrones into... indian synthdrones...?
plord
The "step on the drone pedal to keep the sympathetic strings going while you play clean guitar over the top" bit...

Yeah. Might have to get one of these.
sduck
It's September. Need.
drewtoothpaste
Holy shit! Buying........................
MrDys
FWIW, the guy at Sweetwater said that they were expecting the shipment around 9/18, but said that there could be delays so he ballparked it at "late September/early October".
suitandtieguy
i wonder what this would be like on my electric harpsichord.
MrDys
EHX has posted the manual.

Quote:
You may also connect a control voltage to the jack with a TS plug. The Control Voltage range must be between 0 V to 5 V.

EHX knows what's up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4