MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to mount a Doepfer Quantiser in a Moog frame
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author How to mount a Doepfer Quantiser in a Moog frame
suitandtieguy
kind of.

i took a Doepfer blank and cut it in two with the notcher (i don't have a shear) and punched a couple holes, and then sanded and washed them. then i screwed it all together. IMHO it looks alot better than the cable ties i used for AHMW:

http://pics.livejournal.com/suitandtieguy/pic/000k4ygq/

JohnLRice
Pretty cool. hihi

But, I think if I had the stuff around that you do I would mount it to one of your multiple panels. (or a blank) Just take out the top 8 jacks, place the Doepher panel as high as it will go, drill the needed holes in the multiples panel, slap the Doepher faceplate to the front of the multiples panel, bolt it all together and then add any more 1/4" jacks that will fit at the bottom and parallel wire them to your most used Doepher jacks.
suitandtieguy
dude, i didn't want to go to all that effort.

one way or another, there will be an american-made quantiser in moog format this year. i want to sell this this as soon as i don't need it.
JohnLRice
Just wondering . . . would there be a market for a MU panel that had a big square hole at the top that you could bolt any eurorack module that is that is that width into it and with a bunch of unlabled 1/4" jacks at the bottom? It doesn't interest me particularly but there might be enough peeps out there who want to integrate eurorack stuff into their MU systems??
Kent
How about this idea from Curetronic? I saw this at Musik Messe:
wetterberg
yeah, it's kinda expensive though... imo, at least.
suitandtieguy
trust me: it's way easier to gank it in there and buy some crappy 12V wallwart and some adapter cables.
sandyb
Kent wrote:
How about this idea from Curetronic? I saw this at Musik Messe:

i *knew* i'd seen something like that recently but could i remember where? no. meh
thank you Kent for putting me out of my brain addled misery.
Kent
No problemo, SandyB.

For some, this solution would be way easier than sourcing a power supply and hatchet-jobbing a panel in there. It's also good for the inner Neat Freak.

I'll most likely never own one since I don't roll that way.
haricots
can you give specifics on the 12v power supply needed to power this? i don't know anything about Euro.
suitandtieguy
i'm using Mouser part number 680-WM063-1950-D5 and one of my own distribution boards.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1