MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ceefax video fx
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author ceefax video fx
aumgn
anyone know any plugs for after effects etc or software that can emulate the c64 and ceefax style videos and all that bad retro 80's video game fx ? bad coloration and saturation ?

any also while i am on it does anyone have any recommendations of old 70's style bleached out video processes ......like the Boards of canada of video effects...a little wow and flutter form my video i guess.
johnnywoods
aumgn wrote:
anyone know any plugs for after effects etc or software that can emulate the c64 and ceefax style videos and all that bad retro 80's video game fx ? bad coloration and saturation ?

do you mean just 8 bit-graphics generation? Or actually processing video to look that way? Either way, you can do this pretty simply with Photoshop and either Flash or AE.

aumgn wrote:

any also while i am on it does anyone have any recommendations of old 70's style bleached out video processes ......like the Boards of canada of video effects...a little wow and flutter form my video i guess.

software or hardware? If you're working in software, you can get a facsimile of that effect pretty easily, but it's tough to get it spot on. I find if you convert the RGB to YUV and color correct things in that space, you get more natural "video effects".
If you're looking for a nice cheap bit of hardware, the videonics video equalizer can do what you're looking for, and cheaply!
aumgn
it was more for processing video and degrading and saturating it.Thanks for the hardware tip ....looks cool.

do you mean just 8 bit-graphics generation? Or actually processing video to look that way? Either way, you can do this pretty simply with Photoshop and either Flash or AE.

aumgn wrote:

software or hardware? If you're working in software, you can get a facsimile of that effect pretty easily, but it's tough to get it spot on. I find if you convert the RGB to YUV and color correct things in that space, you get more natural "video effects".
If you're looking for a nice cheap bit of hardware, the videonics video equalizer can do what you're looking for, and cheaply![/quote]
lizlarsen
If you are looking for interesting ways to display images in "retro digital" looking formats a friend sent me a link to this recently:
http://extrafile.org/

My BitVision video synthesizer design is meant as sort of a very low bit frame buffer for displaying pixel graphics in a fuzzy/glitchy hardware-based way (it is a hybrid analog/digital design.) It wouldn't be a realtime effect though:
http://www.lzxindustries.net/bitvision

Quote:
old 70's style bleached out video processes

A tube-based camera will get you those washed out "streaking lights" kind of effects seen in 70's videos.[/url]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1