MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Creature Quad Slope going nuts
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge Creature Quad Slope going nuts
b3nsf
hey check out this video!!! Mr. Green

Serge going nuts!!!!!
zthee
SlayerBadger! we're not worthy
mono-poly
Cool.
I made this noise with a quad slope.

http://share.ovi.com/media/mono-poly.public/mono-poly.10065
cebec
b3nsf wrote:
hey check out this video!!! Mr. Green

Serge going nuts!!!!!

cool patch -- tell me more about the timing feedback!
b3nsf
I'm not sure what its really called but basically...Its just patching the CV out from DSG1 into the the input of DSG2 and from its output CV back into the input of DSG1. like a feedback loop, then try to tune them, and change the amount of modulation for weird behaviors! eek! because the frequencies mess with each other all crazy..
Bricks
man... I saw this on matrixsynth earlier today. I'm in the process of getting rid of gear and consolidating, but I've got to say... this shook me for 10 minutes or so. Probably my favorite serge video I've seen. I just don't think I could get this control or tone out of the euro/frac rig I've built. I could get close.. but there is something about the serge sound that really sticks out to me. this almost-harsh and squishy thing.
ex_dead_teenager
yah the organic sounds the Serge instruments are capable of are just so beautiful I can't wait to get my Animal!
parasitk
Yep it's an organic liquid sound that I very much enjoy.

Bricks wrote:
I just don't think I could get this control or tone out of the euro/frac rig I've built.

That's okay, there are tons of sounds you can get out of that that this can't do! I know I get sounds from my Frac rig that could never happen on a Serge, but that's the beauty of it all. I'm definitely looking forward to ordering a panel or two though!
wetterberg
This video is VERY cool, man! Good stuff!
Allow me to put it up here instead (using the video brackets)

It really does rival another one of my fave Serge vids - posted below yours.

a.

b3nsf
Thank you sir!! That is a nice compliment, to be put in the same catagory as Ross's four panel mighty serge!! love

I think its that "talkie talkie gnome-like jabber"? i bet its just filter modulation with medium resonance for the vocal-ish sound and some strange cross modulation of many frequencies.....could also be changing the shape of the waveforms/FM with a variable-slewed CV source.... help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1