MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Question about the Q128 Switch Module...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Question about the Q128 Switch Module...
chorus7
I was wondering if it is possible to mod the Q128 Switch to hold its postion until it gets another trigger (pulse)...

I guess what I'm looking for is for it to go from A to B and stay at B with a single trigger and then revert to A with another single trigger?

Right now if sent a trigger it will go to B then as soon as the trigger is done it quickly goes back to A again...I guess I want it to stay without a sustained pulse and not snap back help

Hope this makes sense?

Joe
kindredlost
What you need is the Q962 Sequential Switch.
Bryan B
You could try to build a flip flop and mod the circuit.

I wish the Dotcom switch module did this as well.
chorus7
I thought the sequential switch needed the Q960 to work?

There has to be a way besides long pulses? Hmmm I wonder if I could send a sustained gate signal via Midi from my MPC and hold it on B until I needed it to flip over again? hmmm.....

TO THE BAT CAVE!...
diophantine
No, the only one of the Q960 aid modules that requires that Q960 is the Q963 Trigger Bus. The Sequential Switch will work on its own.

If you don't need external CV control of the Q128, a simple workaround would be to replace the momentary pushbutton with an on/off button.
bwhittington
diophantine wrote:
No, the only one of the Q960 aid modules that requires that Q960 is the Q963 Trigger Bus. The Sequential Switch will work on its own.

If you don't need external CV control of the Q128, a simple workaround would be to replace the momentary pushbutton with an on/off button.

True, but to be a stickler I think you mean an on-on switch, and then of course you don't actually need an active circuit for that.

The Q962 is the way to go (or Moon 564, STG Switch, or other 962 clone). It does exactly what you need and more, and can be incredibly useful for signal routing applications in any size system.

Cheers,
Brian
diophantine
bwhittington wrote:
diophantine wrote:

True, but to be a stickler I think you mean an on-on switch, and then of course you don't actually need an active circuit for that.

Perhaps so! I don't have one, so just speculating how it is wired up.
essex sound lab
bwhittington wrote:

The Q963 is the way to go (or Moon 564, STG Switch, or other 963 clone). It does exactly what you need and more, and can be incredibly useful for signal routing applications in any size system.

Agreed...well, Q962 which is what I'm sure Brian meant. Remarkably useful and flexible. No point in modifying a Q128 when these are around, IMO.
chorus7
Looks like I might be selling my Switch! hihi and buying the Q962...

Many thanks guys for all the answers...

Joe
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:
Agreed...well, Q962 which is what I'm sure Brian meant.

d'oh! Edited above. Thanks!
fac
chorus7 wrote:
Looks like I might be selling my Switch! hihi and buying the Q962...

Many thanks guys for all the answers...

Joe

Buy the Q962? Yes.

Sell the Q128? Not so sure. I use both for different things, and sometimes even use both together. The Q962 only has a single set of inputs/outputs, whereas the Q128 has two. By driving the Q128 with the Q962 you can have two sets of sequential switches controlled by the same trigger.
7thDanSound
You can never have enough switches!
chorus7
I'm running out of room!... very frustrating
wmonk
chorus7 wrote:

Look up, if you're not outside, you must have a ceiling. screaming goo yo
essex sound lab
wmonk wrote:
chorus7 wrote:

Someone get me a ladder.
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:
wmonk wrote:
chorus7 wrote:

Someone get me a ladder.

This could work for you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Christopher Winkels
I hope to hell that isn't a Putnam ladder.

Utter twits to deal with.
essex sound lab
I've decided to go horizontal. Now the question is how to best group things.

hmmm.....

Guess I could ask the Aliens Project guy...

bwhittington wrote:

This could work for you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

alternating.bit
Just another example of why this forum is so awesome. I was about to post the same question about the Q128 for the same reasons. I need a sequential switch to unite two 8-step sequencers to make a 16-step... I already own the Club of the Knobs sequential switch but want an additional one for my portable setup. Dotcom is more affordable, especially since I'm in the states. I too initially thought the Q962 was only for the Dotcom sequencer.
Thanks, folks! Miley Cyrus
Just me
Read the cut sheet. And then read it again. That sequential will do so much more than just be a sequential switch.
alternating.bit
Just me wrote:
Read the cut sheet. And then read it again. That sequential will do so much more than just be a sequential switch.

By "that," which one are you referring to, the COTK or Dotcom one?
Just me
DotCom switch. Those "extra" jacks can come in mighty handy.
ranix
the q961 also does not need a q960 to be an excellent module. It's super duper awesome when you have a couple and a Moon 554
bandwidth
Here's a link to the old Synthesizers.com Wiki that discusses many uses for the Q962 that don't involve a Q960. It's fairly eye opening! woah

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20071020033143/http://www.synthesiz ers.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Modules.PreQ-690uses
ranix
hmm, from that site:

Additional thoughts from Roger

Trigger the Q962 with a Q106 oscillator by patching into the shift jack. You can also trigger the Q962 with the Q119 sequencer. Oh, and you can shift with a gate signal from your keyboard.

This doesn't work by default, the q962 freaks out if the shift voltage is below 0v and turns off or lights multiple stages simultaneously. You need to jumper j10 for it to work.

I'm thinking about putting a j10 switch on some of my q106es, it would be useful.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2