MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules

curbsitter

exciting times ahead, it seems. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Tiptop Audio

komyta

applause

zvukoprocessor

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

that is very exciting news!

Matos

What!?! Can't wait to see these! Still dying to get my hands on a z8000.

Petur

interesting! applause

apemandan

shazam! i've been looking to get some drum modules..excellent!

Drums! Never maintain cash savings again Drums! Never maintain cash savings again Drums! Never maintain cash savings again Drums! Never maintain cash savings again Drums!

aksen

what? no! i can't keep up with all this!

zvukoprocessor

can we have a trigger/gate version of z8000 to go with those? please waah
8 tracks / 16 steps help

vinayk

aksen wrote:
what? no! i can't keep up with all this!

Agreed! But excited nonetheless - love the 808 sound

komyta

zvukoprocessor wrote:
can we have a trigger/gate version of z8000 to go with those? please waah
8 tracks / 16 steps help

I second that. thumbs up
Doepfer had a plan about such a sequencer. Don't know what happened to that project.

zvukoprocessor

thomas_grey wrote:
...Doepfer had a plan about such a sequencer. Don't know what happened to that project.

ohhhh, them with their plans.... its years in their plans... if all manufacturers were going so slow, we would still be using fucking VSTs

polyroy

Suitable sequencers and tiptop drum modules in a skiff = It's motherfucking bacon yo

zvukoprocessor

polyroy wrote:
Suitable sequencers and tiptop drum modules in a skiff = It's motherfucking bacon yo

waah - tears of joy, goddammit The Chewbacca Defense

infection

This sounds promising, wasnt too impressed by the demos of MFB and AS modules.

zvukoprocessor

infection wrote:
This sounds promising, wasnt too impressed by the demos of MFB and AS modules.

Asol sounds OK but - no CV control? common why would anyone want a module without CV control unless its dirt cheep and even then I'm not sure its worth the real estate... MFB doesn't sound good and even with all the CV control it sounds so so..
I'm sure that Gur will fix us with drum modules that are just right! super excited about it. my plans of making a mutant drum machine in euro looks more and more promising, can't wait...

Steevio

this is really good news.... nice one Gur

the Asol HH88 and SD99 are very nice, especially the SD99 (and it does have CVcontrol of pitch ), i'd never part with them, but both the BD88 and BD99 didnt work for me, and i sold them on.

theabsent

zvukoprocessor wrote:
Asol sounds OK

ASol 808 modules sound great! Those are underappreciated. CV would be nice but the lack of CV doesn't bother me.

e-grad

zvukoprocessor wrote:
Asol sounds OK but - no CV control? common why would anyone want a module without CV control unless its dirt cheep and even then I'm not sure its worth the real estate...

Some of them have CV-controlled pitch others not. The reason is that they are replicas of existent designs. Some of them use filters which are on the brink of selfoscillation as sound source. You cannot CV-control those sound sources without having no sound at all every now and then.

I had the BD78 which sounds great.

DT

WOW!!! hihi

komyta

Steevio wrote:
the Asol HH88 and SD99 are very nice, especially the SD99 (and it does have CVcontrol of pitch ), i'd never part with them, but both the BD88 and BD99 didnt work for me, and i sold them on.

I LOVE my BD88s. love
I love the BD88 so much that I bought 3 of them. But I reckon that I use a compressor to make it an RGB (Really Good Bassdrum).

zvukoprocessor

e-grad wrote:
zvukoprocessor wrote:
Asol sounds OK but - no CV control? common why would anyone want a module without CV control unless its dirt cheep and even then I'm not sure its worth the real estate...

... The reason is that they are replicas of existent designs. Some of them use filters which are on the brink of selfoscillation as sound source. You cannot CV-control those sound sources without having no sound at all every now and then...

that explains it then, but they could include at least cv control over decay time, I have mfb drum04 and I like to modulate decay time. CV control over pitch/tune is not important for me, if I want that sort of thing i usually patch something with a LPG

I really like Asol demos thomas_grey did, immediately made me want to get BD78 and the some others too. anyway I'll be cuing behind the TTA's kitchen door Guinness ftw!

theabsent

Would be great to be able to A/B test these with ASol modules. Hopefully TipTop will bring something new to the design. If Tip Top modules will be "just" copies of originals I doubt that there will be significant difference.

zvukoprocessor

thomas_grey wrote:
...I LOVE my BD88s. love
I love the BD88 so much that I bought 3 of them. But I reckon that I use a compressor to make it an RGB (Really Good Bassdrum)...

3?! woah

compressors are essential 8_) we need compressors in euro now!

komyta

zvukoprocessor wrote:
3?! woah

hihi Yes. And I've got 3 RS88 (Rim Shot) as well. I use them with envelopes and VCAs to make tiny percussive sounds. So good.

zvukoprocessor wrote:
compressors are essential cool we need compressors in euro now!

I agree. So far the only Euro compressors have been the Cwejman.

VortexRanger

This is amazing news! Thanks to the wiggling vultures out there for uncovering it within minutes of it being posted!!!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 1 of 29