MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules

zvukoprocessor

e-grad wrote:
zvukoprocessor wrote:
Asol sounds OK but - no CV control? common why would anyone want a module without CV control unless its dirt cheep and even then I'm not sure its worth the real estate...

... The reason is that they are replicas of existent designs. Some of them use filters which are on the brink of selfoscillation as sound source. You cannot CV-control those sound sources without having no sound at all every now and then...

that explains it then, but they could include at least cv control over decay time, I have mfb drum04 and I like to modulate decay time. CV control over pitch/tune is not important for me, if I want that sort of thing i usually patch something with a LPG

I really like Asol demos thomas_grey did, immediately made me want to get BD78 and the some others too. anyway I'll be cuing behind the TTA's kitchen door Guinness ftw!

theabsent

Would be great to be able to A/B test these with ASol modules. Hopefully TipTop will bring something new to the design. If Tip Top modules will be "just" copies of originals I doubt that there will be significant difference.

zvukoprocessor

thomas_grey wrote:
...I LOVE my BD88s. love
I love the BD88 so much that I bought 3 of them. But I reckon that I use a compressor to make it an RGB (Really Good Bassdrum)...

3?! woah

compressors are essential 8_) we need compressors in euro now!

komyta

zvukoprocessor wrote:
3?! woah

hihi Yes. And I've got 3 RS88 (Rim Shot) as well. I use them with envelopes and VCAs to make tiny percussive sounds. So good.

zvukoprocessor wrote:
compressors are essential cool we need compressors in euro now!

I agree. So far the only Euro compressors have been the Cwejman.

VortexRanger

This is amazing news! Thanks to the wiggling vultures out there for uncovering it within minutes of it being posted!!!

weinglas

thomas_grey wrote:
zvukoprocessor wrote:
can we have a trigger/gate version of z8000 to go with those? please waah
8 tracks / 16 steps help

I second that. thumbs up
Doepfer had a plan about such a sequencer. Don't know what happened to that project.

Yeah, i have seen the prototype. But the Mfb SEQ01 would be perfect, too.

Steevio

zvukoprocessor wrote:

that explains it then, but they could include at least cv control over decay time,

the HH88 has a CV for Decay of the open hat, but i want control over the closed hat decay, much more useful to me, so i quizzed Tom at Asol about it and asked if he could do a mod for me, but he said that it would be too difficult to implement, shame.

Low-Gain

Tits or GTFO...

Red Electric Rainbow

WHOA!!!

qu.one

No offense to TTA, but these particular sounds have been well covered in and out of modular. Personally, I would rather see something completely new and different as far as dedicated drum modules go. i don't know what that is exactly, but i know another set of x0x sounds are not what i am after. again, this is one man's opinion.

a digital drum designer perhaps, with granular capabilities or something else that could set it apart.

JJ

Low-Gain wrote:
Tits or GTFO...

Knobs or GTFO?

hmmm.....

thaneco

w00t!! Wow! Trampoline

itijik

qu.one wrote:
No offense to TTA, but these particular sounds have been well covered in and out of modular. Personally, I would rather see something completely new and different as far as dedicated drum modules go. i don't know what that is exactly, but i know another set of x0x sounds are not what i am after. again, this is one man's opinion.

a digital drum designer perhaps, with granular capabilities or something else that could set it apart.

I want a microTonic module.

qu.one

itijik wrote:
I want a microTonic module.

exactly - something different. i was thinking some type of reaktor ensemble in module form.

CometxYh1n1egyPt

Such great news!!

Red Electric Rainbow

qu.one wrote:

Granular drums would be sick. Get that minimal techno going.

jimmyambulance

pics?

lombrose

screaming goo yo It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Dead Banana Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo

hpsounds

w00t
I will need a new case soon ...

Hédi K.

proturboplus

That are so great news! I spent months thinking about which analog drum/machines I should buy and recently ended up with purchasing the MFB Schlagzwerg (which I like a lot by the way). In fact, that's my little entry into the great world of modular synths. Great to see that other manufactors also start developing drum modules.

Mans

qu.one wrote:

I agree but none the less I must admit this has me excited.

AntManBee

zvukoprocessor wrote:
thomas_grey wrote:
...Doepfer had a plan about such a sequencer. Don't know what happened to that project.

ohhhh, them with their plans.... its years in their plans... if all manufacturers were going so slow, we would still be using fucking VSTs

er, Dieter was making analogue synths long before VSTs and will hopefully be doing so long after VSTs have gone away. When you understand the margins involved in modular synth manufacture and take into account that no one offers as many modules as Doepfer (without whom we probably wouldn't be using euro format at all) then it's a little churlish to grumble.

AT

sweet. this was an out of the blue announcement!

megamouse

I'm a gabber baby, so I can't wait fr the 909 Modules!!!!!

applause applause applause

Monobass

I love 808 but I'd rather have new ideas.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 1 of 29