MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author Tiptop Audio 808 & 909 drum modules

synaptech

Can't wait for the 909 kick/snare. It's looking like I'm going to need a dedicated row just for all these drums. very frustrating

ryandfl

haima wrote:
nihad wrote:
909 BD come oooooon!!!

+ 1

This is the one I'm waiting for. Such an efficent, usable sound. Fits in a busy mix much easier than the 808 most of the time IMHO.

Nice snare too. And clap. And cymbals, hats, swing, toms..... Argh! Anyone got a spare 909???

Dead Banana

Hahaha

Agreed, I'm pumped about the 909 modules. I'm Probably going to get the 808 BD too, but I sort of think of it as an effect more than a kick, at least at longer release settings. I bet the 808 toms/congas will be sweet.

vav

Yeah i need those 909 modules.

fooddude

I know! Screw the 808 clap or any more secondary 808 sounds for now... bring on the 909 KICK NEXT! It's motherfucking bacon yo

..I'm just going to get the 808 and 909 kick and snares and a little Doepfer minicase... nice, simple, cheap, only 4 modules.

...and then just send pulse-samples from my mpc60 to triger dem. Just 4 modules, the rest of the 909/808 sounds I don't use much anyways and switch to different samples sounds (I dont want all my songs to always have the same percs), and if I do need the other sounds I can just use samples. But the BD/kick is def needed, since it is so easily heard and the backbone of 4/4 jams. I aint a module head, and kinda scared if I get a bigger rack than the mini-case, I am sure I will keep buying modules lol (which I am trying to avoid - always avoiding GAS..GASing for the TipTop modules is already bad enough lol)

anselmi

another vote for the 909 kick and snare as the next modules!!! screaming goo yo

a scanner darkly

Don't remember if this was asked before - what are the jumpers for? Didn't find anything about it in the manuals.

lionelfischer

is it normal for the power cable to plug into only one column of pins on the BD808 ? mine arrived with just one column of pins for the power cable

if its normal, does it matter which side of the power cable you put the single column of pins into?

suboptimal

Hm, no that doesn't sound right, offhand.

haima

Yes, eurorack power uses the both rows of the header in parallel - so you can safely move the power plug to the normal position, covering both rows.

Just make sure you have the plug around the right way of course! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

*** EDIT: ah, I see... with the photos posted below, looks like TT have gone with single row power headers on these babies. All good! ***

lionelfischer

here is how my bd808 module arrived
there is only one column of pins instead of two:

is this a non-working module i need to get fixed? i dont want to plug it in and accidentally blow it up.

Dead Banana

anti_climacus

It's fine, that's how mine was shipped as well.

lionelfischer

w00t

rico loverde

lionelfischer wrote:
here is how my bd808 module arrived
there is only one column of pins instead of two:

is this a non-working module i need to get fixed? i dont want to plug it in and accidentally blow it up.

Dead Banana
they all have one row...

swiv

Hats arrived yesterday.. amazingly good sizzling fun.

Love the hats choke circuit.. the individual accent ins.. individual outs for filtering, folding, eq'ing.. Had some fun starting at 6.30 am(!) this morning patching up a faux sideband compressor with the multed BD out through an envelope follower -> inverter -> vca.

Haven't lost this much sleep over the modular for a while thumbs up

lysander

Damn this thing is ridiculously tempting ! Might have to get one hyper

fooddude

909? seriously, i just don't get it

It's been several weeks/months since Gur said it'll come out around feb... and it's already close to March.

Guinness ftw!

synaptech

a fuzzy beacon wrote:
Don't remember if this was asked before - what are the jumpers for? Didn't find anything about it in the manuals.

Not sure what they are on the BD or SD, but on the hats you can disable the choke mode when both hats are played by changing the jumper. thumbs up

itijik

I'm waiting for the 909s too.
But while I was waiting, I accidentally all the current 808s Mr. Green

SYN7HOR

Got all three 808's now, and I'm quite excited! I just love their sound, and they're a perfect mate for my Timetable.

drox

i want the 808 clap

Volt Gaat Kraken

Can someone record some BD808 + SD808 +HH808 and post a link? No freaky modulated stuff, just some unprocessed beats

Am I correct there's no audio on the tiptop site?

metaBit

Volt Gaat Kraken wrote:
Can someone record some BD808 + SD808 +HH808 and post a link? No freaky modulated stuff, just some unprocessed beats

Am I correct there's no audio on the tiptop site?

I haven't been able to find any on the TipTop site.

Though I guess that the idea is that they sound just like their TR-808 equivalents it would be nice to have examples of these in particular.

I have the bd808 and it is tuned to Ab which from what I have heard is different from Roland's bass drum. I can't recall what the original was tuned to...

SYN7HOR

Here's a little demo. The latter part is all TT808.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/syn7hor/ding-grace[/s]

fooddude

la la laa la laaaaaa

hmm hm hmm hm hmmmmm

909... where are youuuuuuuu... I miss youuuuuu smile

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock......

applause

BTByrd

I posted this already to the Euro forum, but thought I'd add it to this thread. It's all modular with the TT 808 modules triggered by the Machinedrum.

And a pic.

nanners

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 22 of 29