MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sputnik Touch Keyboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author Sputnik Touch Keyboard
Bogus

This looks really cool, 84hp and $499 MSRP are the only details I can find.
mritenburg
Via Instagram:

"proudly announcing Sputnik Multitouch Keyboard / Controller: pressure-sensitive touch keyboard, up to 4-voice polyphony, arpegiator, 2 location ribbon sensors, standalone boat case with midi over usb expansion (to be offered separately later this year). 84hp, $499, shipping is expected in late august."

I'm curious if there will be an eventual 208 clone to pair with this.
dopefiend
zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie
lag progress
Why is there no "clock in" for the arpegiator? sad banana
jcn7
mritenburg wrote:
Via Instagram:

"proudly announcing Sputnik Multitouch Keyboard / Controller: pressure-sensitive touch keyboard, up to 4-voice polyphony, arpegiator, 2 location ribbon sensors, standalone boat case with midi over usb expansion (to be offered separately later this year). 84hp, $499, shipping is expected in late august."

I'm curious if there will be an eventual 208 clone to pair with this.

I'm wondering about a 208 euro clone as well. I wouldn't be surprised.
jimmyambulance
lag progress wrote:

also one of my least favorite features of the 218...

still, this looks great - love the poly out and those mini sliders - any idea how many HP?

i've been waiting for someone to make a 208-style module for a while. given that Makenoise is making systems, I'm surprised we haven't seen another company making "Easels" yet!
keto
This one? or the Verbos touchplate keys?

Could you give me your opinions about comparing these 2 in a first view.
Neekau
jimmyambulance wrote:
still, this looks great - love the poly out and those mini sliders - any idea how many HP?

84 (cf OP)
ignatius
there's some info in the general sputnik thread

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132029&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=225
dopefiend
keto wrote:
This one? or the Verbos touchplate keys?

Could you give me your opinions about comparing these 2 in a first view.

Dude, this one has polyphony....! eek!
Holy shit, and for less than $500..???? love

Mark better rise to the occasion if this baby is produced....
keto
this one its Intersting
LoveBot
lag progress wrote:

Really hope it's possible that clock-in will be added... would make the arpeggiator much more useful, otherwise it can't be synced with anything.
Dogma
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:

Really hope it's possible that clock-in will be added... would make the arpeggiator much more useful, otherwise it can't be synced with anything.

that would be a super odd admission...
mritenburg
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:
Why is there no "clock in" for the arpegiator? :sadbanana:

From a performance controller perspective, the keyboard provides the master clock. You would then sync the rest of your patch/system to the pulse/gates output by the arpeggiator/keyboard.

That's how it works on the 218. Once you get used to thinking of your keyboard as the master clock, it makes plenty of sense.
LoveBot
mritenburg wrote:
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:

From a performance controller perspective, the keyboard provides the master clock. You would then sync the rest of your patch/system to the pulse/gates output by the arpeggiator/keyboard.

That's how it works on the 218. Once you get used to thinking of your keyboard as the master clock, it makes plenty of sense.

That makes sense in a modular/cv environ, but I'd be pairing it with Silent Way w/ master clock coming from a DAW. I suppose there will be the standalone version with USB that might allow sync via midi over USB but I'd like to just purchase the module and house it in my own rig, plus Silent Way is much better than Midi with its jitter.
phutureboy
Dogma wrote:

You mean "omission" right ?
SunSpots
LoveBot wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:

That makes sense in a modular/cv environ, but I'd be pairing it with Silent Way w/ master clock coming from a DAW. I suppose there will be the standalone version with USB that might allow sync via midi over USB but I'd like to just purchase the module and house it in my own rig, plus Silent Way is much better than Midi with its jitter.

damn it you guys... I really wanted this thing cause it's 4 poly... but no clock to the arp. kinda sucks. I feel like I'm paying for an arp that I probably won't use. I GUESS you could tune it by ear right? That's fine... meh... still looks pretty tastey smile I want to see some of you d00ds make a 4 voice system.

I was thinking like... 4 modcan triple oscs... or 4 modcan fmvdos... or 4 elements!! SlayerBadger!
Kytopia
mritenburg wrote:
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:

If the arp speed is independent from the clock out speed then I'm cool with that. Otherwise how will you ever switch between triplets, syncopations and half/doubletime stuff on the fly without messing up your clock? A clock in makes so much more sense than a clock out...
That said, the 4 voice option is pretty awesome. Wish there were regular keyboards with this option, so far all my polyphony comes from my sequencers and it feels like a waste to just program pads with those..
mritenburg
Kytopia wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:
Why is there no "clock in" for the arpegiator? :sadbanana:

If the arp speed is independent from the clock out speed then I'm cool with that. Otherwise how will you ever switch between triplets, syncopations and half/doubletime stuff on the fly without messing up your clock? A clock in makes so much more sense than a clock out...
That said, the 4 voice option is pretty awesome. Wish there were regular keyboards with this option, so far all my polyphony comes from my sequencers and it feels like a waste to just program pads with those..

Again, assuming the arpeggiator is the same as the 218, the arpeggiator only has two modes:

1. Ascending mode: the arpeggiator cycles through the keys pressed from lowest to highest. Press 2 keys, you get a 2 note arpeggio. Press 3 keys... You get the idea.

2. Random mode: the arpeggiator bounces randomly between the keys that are pressed.

The arpeggiator on the 218 doesn't output notes if no keys are pressed. I'm assuming this will be the same.
Kytopia
I get that. Howeverthat has nothing to do with the actual arp speed right?
mritenburg
Kytopia wrote:
I get that. Howeverthat has nothing to do with the actual arp speed right?

The arp speed is set by the knob, and on the 218 the arp speed can also be modulated with cv. I can't tell from the panel of the Sputnik keyboard if arp speed can be modulated with cv.
LoveBot
SunSpots wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
Dogma wrote:
LoveBot wrote:
lag progress wrote:

damn it you guys... I really wanted this thing cause it's 4 poly... but no clock to the arp. kinda sucks. I feel like I'm paying for an arp that I probably won't use. I GUESS you could tune it by ear right? That's fine... meh... still looks pretty tastey smile I want to see some of you d00ds make a 4 voice system.

I was thinking like... 4 modcan triple oscs... or 4 modcan fmvdos... or 4 elements!! SlayerBadger!

Depending on the speed of the loop one could probably get close by ear, especially if recording shorter takes. I suppose I could beat match it in Ableton but I'd like to avoid warping the sample when possible (and that kinda disrupts workflow). I don't have a large enough rig for a four-voice, but I can do a three voice, or paraphonic triad/pad stuff with the 3 VCOs on the Macbeth Micromac. If there's no way to sync/slave it I'd be disappointed, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. But more crucial questions remains: How does it feel to play? How sensitive/responsive is it? Looking forward to demos and user anecdotes!
colorbars
Any news on this? I need it. Now. eek!
robot909
Not sure how recent this pic is but looks like a clock IN has been added.

ignatius
robot909 wrote:
Not sure how recent this pic is but looks like a clock IN has been added.

it has applause

sputnik dual osc is next released in the line up. that's all i know.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10