MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

what does the control do to stg.vca?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author what does the control do to stg.vca?
jake
is there a manual i cant find one on the net and i bought my vca used so i cant find one

anyone know where one is ? seriously, i just don't get it
mikecameron
Just like any other VCA. CONTROL is for the control signal that opens the VCA.
jake
what do you mean ? hmmm.....
mamonu
usually you put there a cv coming from an envelope.

but you can put whatever CV you want. (LFOs/random stuff etc...)
suitandtieguy
a VCA is basically a level control. signal goes into the signal input, then its level is controlled via a signal fed into the control input, then the attenuated (or amplified, if the control signal exceeds 5v) signal is presented at the output jack.
lilakmonoke
just got a .vca as well ... sounds awesome again. i compared it to cwejman an oakley and it wins so its another triple thumbs up module. two questions:

- ac/dc switch refers to cv or in signal?

- is it supposed to distort above a certain level like the .mix or is it clean all the way? i think im hearing a slight distortion but want to confirm this.
Oldstench
lilakmonoke wrote:
i compared it to cwejman an oakley and it wins so its another triple thumbs up module.

I'm interested in this observation. What makes it better than cwejman/oakley?
lilakmonoke
i ran a few monophonic sequences through these three vcas and the .vca is the most natural sounding. its hard to describe but the oakley classic vca saturates more towards the top end of the envelope and sounds also very smooth. the cwejman vca-4mx is very clean but clips when overloaded suddenly. its also semiexponential so it accentuates more. the .vca saturates earlier than the oakley and also with a more natural tone, its just perfect for sequenced synth lines. its really amazing how different they all sound once you compare then directly.
lilakmonoke
i just recorded it to listen to it again and i have to say the oakley and the .vca are really close. the .vca just sounds a little better to my ears. same sequence: no1 oakley, no2 .vca, no3 vca-4mx

http://tindeck.com/listen/ywdf

kuxaan-sum
This~
lilakmonoke wrote:
the .vca is the most natural sounding.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1