MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NoClassDefFoundError with OpenJRE (Ubuntu)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Author NoClassDefFoundError with OpenJRE (Ubuntu)
sonicwarrior
I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError with Ubuntu 10.10 and OpenJRE:

Java version:

Quote:
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.9) (6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.10.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

Quote:
$ ./start.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/operator/SubsampleAverageDescriptor
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.ModuleFactory.resize(ModuleFactory.java  :159)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.ModuleFactory.getModule(ModuleFactory.j ava:173)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.Rack.addModule(Rack.java:188)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.Rack.readModulesFromXML(Rack.java:167)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.Rack.<init>(Rack.java:362)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.RackPlanner.addRack(RackPlanner.java:27 0)
at org.gnu.java.music.rackplanner.RackPlanner.main(RackPlanner.java:306)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.media.jai.operator.SubsampleAverageDescriptor
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
... 7 more

Is this class really missing in OpenJRE? It looks like the class is a part of the Java Media Framework, but I don't remember having to install it when I used RackPlanner with Windows. hmmm.....
pugix
I'm not following OpenJDK. I did a search, but didn't find much. I am a Java programmer (since 1.1). I suggest trying a different JDK. You can download an Oracle 1.6 JDK for your Linux box here.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u27-downl oad-440405.html

Usually you only need to set JAVA_HOME environment variable to the installation you want applications to use, and also put the Java bin directory into your path.
chromium
sonicwarrior wrote:
Is this class really missing in OpenJRE? It looks like the class is a part of the Java Media Framework, but I don't remember having to install it when I used RackPlanner with Windows. hmmm.....

I glanced at these, and it looks like JMF and JAI are released under Sun's binary code license, which might prevent inclusion in the open-source JDK/JRE(?) Looks like you can get them separately here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-a rchive-downloads-java-client-419417.html#7372-jmf-2.1.1e-oth-JPR

The Oracle JDK/JRE that Pugix linked to would contain the closed-source components, and installing that would probably be the easiest solution.
sonicwarrior
Ha, guess what? It works with OpenJRE! At least RackPlanner 1.2.
It had to be an older version I was using. It's peanut butter jelly time!
dougcl
I believe that JAI stuff got ripped out of the latest version (v1.2). I was trying a bunch of rendering options, but then I discovered a simple bug (my fault) and the discovery allowed me to revert the code to the simplest solution, apparently making the program more robust in the process.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Page 1 of 1