MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Infernal Noise Machine (VIDEO DEMO)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Infernal Noise Machine (VIDEO DEMO)

nrdvrgr

Maybe the wierdest time to buy a INM considering the coming IMP modules, but I have been curious about it for so long, so I thought what the hell... behold the beauty:

(panel is shiny metal, it looks wierdly white the picture)

First impressions?

I was extremely frustrated with what I got out of it at first. Totally boring sounds, heard-it-all-before-noisebox-style, wierd controls... then I took a break, got a bit mad over spending 666 something for this boring thing. Then I read the "promotional materials" again and I read the following:

"It can be used completely independently, but is intended for use with external control voltage (CV) sources to affect or modulate various parameters, which is where the INM truly comes alive (you will see what I mean)."

I gave it another go, adding a buch of LFO´s, Rene and a Sport Modulator. Guess what? Fantastic! It FM´s wonderful, the "filters" have a nice and different response and overall it acts like a totally different thing compared to when it is making noise on its own. Incredible difference!

Will I keep it? I have no idea - my current Buchlafever might demand a few more sacrifices, but we will see... must explore this further first, lots of new sounds to find in here!

nrdvrgr

...and yes, I will try to do some demos!

jenamu6

nrdvrgr wrote:
...and yes, I will try to do some demos!

Ready yet? love

weinglas

Thought about this for a while. But i was more interested in it as a standalone unit, so thanks, your post seems to save me some money. ;)

nrdvrgr

You might reconsider after some demos after all... will try to record something this weekend.

nrdvrgr

OK, here we go - the best INM demos on the net? Probably, but still I excuse my low tech videos (and there are not a lot of INM demos out there).

First, the INM with a triangle into the VCO. Nice FM action!

This is a bit more "musical" - controlling the VCA´s with Maths:

All sounds from the INM.

weinglas

Thanks for the videos Henrik! Very cool sounds and noises.

But i wanted to use it as a mini modular on the couch or in the bed.... so no external modulation for me.

PF

very frustrating

NTF

weinglas

PF wrote:
very frustrating

NTF

hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it ?????

nrdvrgr

Not that funny. I disagree. SlayerBadger!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1