MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FL Studio on a Mac
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author FL Studio on a Mac
synnack
Didn't see this mentioned here so I thought i'd share.

Anyone else interested to see if this actually runs with minimal latency and is stable?

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=1903&t=80076

I miss Fruity Loops sometimes. You can do some unique things with it.
steampoweredsequencer
Not at all. Fruityloops was a pain...and thats coming from a former logic non-user. I'd use buzz before I'd ever put up with FL.
CJ Miller
steampoweredsequencer wrote:
Not at all. Fruityloops was a pain...and thats coming from a former logic non-user. I'd use buzz before I'd ever put up with FL.

You make that sound like a bad thing! I hated FL but thought Buzz was neat. Then again I didn't use it for much of anything.
steampoweredsequencer
For me, Buzz was very user unfriendly. FL was worse.
Johnisfaster
I used the fuck outa fruityloops and cool edit a decade ago. Fruityloops tends to turn people off cause of its techno look but its automation is really well done, piano roll is really very good and the granulizer can make some great noises. I still turn to it now and then, I get results I would not get otherwise.

Some of its newer effects interfaces were wayyy too convoluted, but they sounded good.
stk
Interesting turn of events, since Gol has been swearing up and down for over 10 years now that FL will never be on Mac hihi

I love me a lot of FLS, most of my "composed" music these days originates in it, and no I don't make techno by any stretch of the imagination.

It cops a lot of hate mainly due to it's look (stuck in early 90s industro-techno vibe) and nonstandard workflow, but it is an incredibly powerful, 'tho very idiosyncratic, piece of software.
lorenzovektor
its good for step sequencing samples, I like the "swing" fader
thelizard
I still love the hell out of FL. It has some of the best automation options that I've found on a host, and I love Edison (the only plug-in that I really want on the Mac). I can't wait to have this on my MBP.
capitan mission
I think that hate some software or tool is stupid, if you dont like it, dont use it. A lot of effort was/is put on FL, and is pretty goof for a lot of things. I have a friend that is a professional Hip Hop producer/rapper here in argentina and he learned all in FL.
That said, I dont use FL ( tested it 1 month). I love Renoise and I think the workflow is super duper fast and easy, other people said that is a esoteric piece of software...

To the OP, I dont have an idea on that FL OS X customization, but crossover is similar to Wine, and for example, Reaper in Linux via Wine works very well.
soon_come
FL is now officially released as a native Mac app, for anyone who is still looking for such a thing. It works really well - I’ve been using it for the last 6 months or so.
Chevron87
Thanks for the info!! I love the note glide function!
soon_come
Chevron87 wrote:
Thanks for the info!! I love the note glide function!

Yes, super unique and high degree of control. It’s like polyglide but way easier to predict / understand.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1