MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Heads up Tenori On £209!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Heads up Tenori On £209!
darenager
Browsing on ebay UK noticed that at least 3 traders are selling Tenori On brand new for £209, it is the orange version but still a great price IMHO

Great for polyrhythmic stuff and using as a alternative keyboard, the internal sounds are a bit hit and miss but £209!
sonicwarrior
In Germany they are at 250 € now. Don't know if that's a sellout price.

Edit: Btw.: The orange one cannot be run with batteries which sucks, e.g. for live use or while travelling.
mckenic
FUCK!

Can you guys post a link to UK or German places that are blowing these out please?

I have a silver but MAN! What a machine for around the price of a Monotribe!
Nelson Baboon
these were posted on gearslutz:
http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/yamaha-tenori-on-orange-digita l-performance-controller--69673
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_tenori_on_tnro.htm
mckenic
Jesus!

Thanks Nelson! Woah!

Is it just me or that I lusted after one for ages (and got one on here!)... this seems crazy - these used to be like €600! Anyone know if they are discontinuing them or something?

The DV one has an added strangeness for me - perhaps its my paranoia... if the price is set to £stg - its £209 (or €245). However its still at €499 if you do the Euro price... Perhaps Im just smelling something fishy when there is nothing there...

I missed out when Thomann were blowing-out the Hartmann Neuron software for like €45 - this feels like that level of crazy again to me!
Nelson Baboon
I don't know. I get paid on Thursday, and I'm tempted to pick up one from thomann, even with the international shipping.

I emailed novamusik to see if the price drops are coming here, but I got no response. (nova people are nice, but I'm increasingly disappointed by the fact that they list stuff that is in stock when it isn't, they don't update it when this is verified, they don't contact you when it turns out that what you ordered is out of stock, etc. I think that they need to hire more people or something, but the support people don't suck - the support sucks).

mckenic wrote:
Jesus!

Thanks Nelson! Woah!

Is it just me or that I lusted after one for ages (and got one on here!)... this seems crazy - these used to be like €600! Anyone know if they are discontinuing them or something?

The DV one has an added strangeness for me - perhaps its my paranoia... if the price is set to £stg - its £209 (or €245). However its still at €499 if you do the Euro price... Perhaps Im just smelling something fishy when there is nothing there...

I missed out when Thomann were blowing-out the Hartmann Neuron software for like €45 - this feels like that level of crazy again to me!
mckenic
Phew!

I have a STUPID student credit card with about that much as a limit - gonna have to check to see if I can cover it & then pick one up I think!

AFAIK Thomann take Paypal - I could pick one up for you Nelson and send it on if your interested... Drop me a PM if you want...

thumbs up
sonicwarrior
mckenic wrote:
Can you guys post a link to UK or German places that are blowing these out please?

I guess this is the current price for all the big German sellers (except Musik Produktiv):
Music Store
Just Music
Session Music / Musik Schmidt (currently not available)
PPC Music

Thomann, Just Music, PPC and Music Store all take Paypal, only Session Music does not.
richard
I'm thinking yes but no but yes but no but

how many sequencers does a man need? Haven't got to grips with the Cirklon yet

but then again, I always wondered about these things....
tIB
i nearly bit when they had them on sale at 350... mighty tempted now though would rather wait until i got payment in on some stuff im selling. incidentally richard, cash will be going out of my cirklon fund.

edit: fuck it, i bit- one less in the DV stock pile. cheers for the headsup daren. smile
jenamu6
No matter how cheap......it's still a underpowered machine.
tIB
maybe, the sequencer seems alright though and I plan to bolt my xpander onto it for a while...
darenager
No probs, sure it has some quirks, but just as a realtime midi input device a lot of fun for the experimental mind, be sure to unlock advance mode which allows you to assign the sequencers as you like.

http://tenori-onusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28&start=0&st=0&sk=t &sd=a&sid=47f795d7ab08b4b432e72dbf0918a1b4

thumbs up

EDIT - Look foreward to hearing it hooked up to the xpander!
darenager
Here's a jam I did a few years back using it with a KP3

tIB
it may well be my new drum machine- just bung some samples in and hit the bounce mode!

nice vid, care to elaborate on the strengths/weaknesses as a midi sequencer?
Gigantoad
Just pulled the trigger on one. Thanks for the info! Rockin' Banana!
darenager
tIB wrote:
it may well be my new drum machine- just bung some samples in and hit the bounce mode!

nice vid, care to elaborate on the strengths/weaknesses as a midi sequencer?

Yeah bounce mode is cool, but for drums solo mode is pretty killer too, the score mode tracks can each have independant first/last step length and time division i.e 1/4, 1/2, 1x, 2x etc But really all the sequencer modes have a use, main drawbacks for me are set note length per track, no velocity, fixed midi channels. But overall for hooking into another sequencer to capture the data, or for setting up with the modular I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you hook it up to your Beat Kang Thang (MPC2000xl for anyone thinking Andy really has one) you can capture all 16 channels at once then do any editing on the MP.

Theres are a few preset scales and one global user scale, you can switch between patterns instantly rather than having to wait for it to end, song recording records exactly what you play with no editing, but it is easy enough to redo it so not really a major issue. Sync seems to be fine both in and out.

In summary I would say it is simple fun to use, and can take your composition in different directions than usual, the inbuilt sounds are a mixed bag, lots of seemingly identical marimbas/organs/vibes and some real turds, but also some quite nice sounds too, sound quality is typical Yamaha rompler. It can be fun to process the output with the modular. You can load in 3 banks of 16 0.97 second samples, my advice is to put sounds you will not get sick of in there because changing them is a bit of a pain as they are global to all patterns and songs, it is a good idea to be consistent with your mapping if you are using them for drum sounds.
tIB
cheers for that, im really hoping i can get my asol mt9 going with it, seems like it could be a great trigger controller if so, if not theres plenty to fall back on- kenton pro2000, xpander or just process the shit out of it. im quite optimistic!
Pfurmel
Cool, 244 euro on thomann and postage is free too! I've been on the fence about these since they came out, hard to go wrong at that price though.
Synesthesia
Damn this is cheap as chips ... already have one though. really like mine.

weird that it would be discontinued, yamaha released a new firmware not long ago ...
mckenic
Yeah and the iPad app - not sure its being discontinued tho! Anyone have anything official? A v.2 Tenori hardware?
tIB
im rather ridiculously excited by tomorrows arrival... been cruising reviews and demos and whilst the internal sounds seem a bit crap I have plenty of things to run through and plenty to sequence with. mostly im just looking forward to something that's immediate, intuitive and fun.
tIB
arrived... and its brilliant!!!
Pfurmel
Some videos would be much appreciated...

And maybe some of the tenori-on too hihi
Zenn
Man this makes my purse itch...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3