Makenoise Oscillator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
mudlogger
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: UK + Thailand
Contact:

Makenoise Oscillator

Post by mudlogger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 pm

It looks like Tony is in the very early stages of developing an oscillator - hope it will be Buchla influenced.

http://lockerz.com/s/138378657

http://lockerz.com/s/138377486

User avatar
DougD
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:00 am
Location: New York City

Post by DougD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 pm

We have enough modules based on tech from 1970. I hope it's influenced by cool stuff from 2011.

User avatar
mudlogger
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: UK + Thailand
Contact:

Post by mudlogger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:19 pm

and i hope its a dual

User avatar
Matos
Modular masturbator
Posts: 3779
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Matos » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Sadly I feel it will be many moons before this finds it's way into our needy hands. :deadbanana:

User avatar
Kodama
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 pm

DougD wrote:We have enough modules based on tech from 1970. I hope it's influenced by cool stuff from 2011.
If you played with a 259 (not 259e), you might think we had room for one more old osc!

User avatar
Dirk95100
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Dirk95100 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I would pay serious cash for a propper 259 clone. (without the auto tuning)


Anyone want to make a faceplate that does not make me vomit?

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1624
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am

..........yes.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4043
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:40 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Post by rico loverde » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 am

Matos wrote:Sadly I feel it will be many moons before this finds it's way into our needy hands. :deadbanana:
I don't know Tony seems to release stuff pretty quickly. The optimix took a bit but the phonogene and moddemix seemed to come out pretty fast. Maybe I'm just hoping it'll come out soon... :hihi:
works for Darkplace Manufacturing

User avatar
wmgaretjax
Common Wiggler
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 am

Post by wmgaretjax » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:35 am

ugh. i really need another oscillator... but was gonna just take the dive with the new pittsburgh... now I want to wait. i doubt i'll be able to though. oh well... an extra vco never hurt anyone and i have the space.

User avatar
mudlogger
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: UK + Thailand
Contact:

Post by mudlogger » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:35 am

Dirk95100 wrote:I would pay serious cash for a propper 259 clone. (without the auto tuning)


Anyone want to make a faceplate that does not make me vomit?
Maybe ask Mark Verbos?

http://buchlatech.blogspot.com

User avatar
asterisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Burlington VT

Post by asterisk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:24 am

im guessing that a breaboarded circuit will take awhile to become a fully produced module waiting at AH for people to buy it.

User avatar
blz
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:38 pm
Location: arkham, Innsmouth, Dunwich

Post by blz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 am

well itll be cool and mind blowing for sure cant wait to see and hear it
barcat.blogspot.com

http://waveformcity.blogspot.com/

I beat my brain tumor that makes me indestructible right???

talfred
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 am
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Post by talfred » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 am

wmgaretjax wrote:ugh. i really need another oscillator... but was gonna just take the dive with the new pittsburgh... now I want to wait. i doubt i'll be able to though. oh well... an extra vco never hurt anyone and i have the space.
You'll need quite a few oscillators now:

Image

User avatar
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Entrainer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:41 am

asterisk wrote:im guessing that a breaboarded circuit will take awhile to become a fully produced module waiting at AH for people to buy it.

maybe more for the ocsillator
Last edited by Entrainer on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
5,159 custom drum samples for electronic music
made from 4 modular systems, drum modules, and some nice analog outboard processing

202 Instruments for Ableton Live/Push (128s), NI Kontakt, and Logic EXS24
41 Kits for NI Maschine, FXPansion Geist, Ableton Drum Racks, and Octatrack Sample Chains
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

User avatar
sonicwarrior
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3815
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Post by sonicwarrior » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 am

Does anyone has an actual count how many VCOs exist in Eurorack?
More than 100? :hihi:
Soundcloud
For sale: Jürgen Haible Tau Phaser (MOTM format)

User avatar
Carey M
Common Wiggler
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:05 am
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Carey M » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:20 am

sonicwarrior wrote:Does anyone has an actual count how many VCOs exist in Eurorack?
More than 100? :hihi:
Far too many when you're oscillator shopping :ripbanana:

User avatar
sawcloud
Common Wiggler
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by sawcloud » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 am

:tu:

Make Noise! I'm really digging Tony's designs! So curious to see what this will be! If there be hundreds of euro VCOs there is still plenty of room for a Make Noise one!

:oops:

User avatar
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 10030
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am
Location: Southern NJ

Post by exper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:43 am

sawcloud wrote::tu:

Make Noise! I'm really digging Tony's designs! So curious to see what this will be! If there be hundreds of euro VCOs there is still plenty of room for a Make Noise one!

:oops:

For sure! The Makenoise skew on anything would be welcome! I hope he takes his time even, as long as it has that magic. I'd almost bet that it is Buchla influenced in some way. Perhaps a single version of the 258...

CometxYh1n1egyPt
Common Wiggler
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 am

Post by CometxYh1n1egyPt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 am

exper wrote:
sawcloud wrote::tu:

Make Noise! I'm really digging Tony's designs! So curious to see what this will be! If there be hundreds of euro VCOs there is still plenty of room for a Make Noise one!

:oops:

For sure! The Makenoise skew on anything would be welcome! I hope he takes his time even, as long as it has that magic. I'd almost bet that it is Buchla influenced in some way. Perhaps a single version of the 258...
AGREED

User avatar
Kodama
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 am

Wait, isn't the model 15 already a 258 clone? 259(not e) is what we want :mad:

User avatar
Rod Serling Fan Club
aquatic hitchhiker
Posts: 3760
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am
Location: MNTN

Post by Rod Serling Fan Club » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:28 am

Yeah, variants of 258ish designs exist. Plenty of triangle core oscillators in euro now. An analog 259ish oscillator complete with the PLL, waveshaping, ring/am cross modulator etc. would kill. Think analog hertz donut.

User avatar
miditerranean
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:49 am
Location: minneapolis

Post by miditerranean » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Can it haz vactrol!?

User avatar
Monobass
thonk.co.uk
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Contact:

Post by Monobass » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Is 258 thru-zero?
Thonk - CLICK HERE - Modular Synth DIY + Eurorack Accessories Store

thermionicjunky
Thyratron Genius
Posts: 2250
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by thermionicjunky » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Monobass wrote:Is 258 thru-zero?
no

User avatar
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Entrainer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:Yeah, variants of 258ish designs exist. Plenty of triangle core oscillators in euro now. An analog 259ish oscillator complete with the PLL, waveshaping, ring/am cross modulator etc. would kill. Think analog hertz donut.
You can get pretty close to those specs w/ Kilpatrick 3020.
Triangle Core too... but no waveshaping.

For some reason, MN seems to be able to pack a lot of
functionality/features into a lower price point.

At least with the QMMG + Maths, PP + Brains. The
Phonogene is pricey which is probably why I haven't pulled
the trigger on it yet. It's past my threshold for an impulse
buy on a module ($350). If it's $350 or under, I'll typically
buy something semi interesting and see if I like it enough
to keep. Over $500 and I'm checking 100 demos, putting
it in the planner, removing it. Putting it in the cart, removing
it. Listening to the demos again... and by that time
another $500+ module arrives and now I'm competing them.
:doh:
5,159 custom drum samples for electronic music
made from 4 modular systems, drum modules, and some nice analog outboard processing

202 Instruments for Ableton Live/Push (128s), NI Kontakt, and Logic EXS24
41 Kits for NI Maschine, FXPansion Geist, Ableton Drum Racks, and Octatrack Sample Chains
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”