MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

getting the most out of a mini case.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author getting the most out of a mini case.
ex_dead_teenager
It's like a damn jigsaw puzzle or something. I've been trying to plan a Doepfer Beauty case expansion to my modular and after days and days of puzzling it out on my own I thought I'd write in for some suggestions. I want to fit as much CV processing as I can into a 32hp beauty case. I'm thinking some combination of Quantizer, clock divider, shift register, somethingorother as well as some kind of chaos or alternative controll like a PLL.

My system as it exists right now is a Vostok suitcase, and an MFB Kraftzwerg controlled by an Evolver sequencer. I've also got one beauty case right now which I've dubbed my angry box it's got an MFB Videoscope, a Chaquo, and a Mod-Demod.

My biggest problem with the eurorack modular planner is that I always get carried away, I might start out making some kind of expansion plan but once I hit the limit to what a beauty case could hold I start thinking, "maybe I should just buy a 3U case, or a 6U case or better still a 9U case and the next thing I know I've wasted half my day building fantasy modulars I can't afford and that if I had the cash would probably spend on Serge panels instead.

help, I think I've got a problem with Eurocrack. I want to finish off my East Coast Beast so I can start building a West Coast Bananamonster
makenoise
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
It's like a damn jigsaw puzzle or something. I've been trying to plan a Doepfer Beauty case expansion to my modular and after days and days of puzzling it out on my own I thought I'd write in for some suggestions. I want to fit as much CV processing as I can into a 32hp beauty case. I'm thinking some combination of Quantizer, clock divider, shift register, somethingorother as well as some kind of chaos or alternative controll like a PLL.

My system as it exists right now is a Vostok suitcase, and an MFB Kraftzwerg controlled by an Evolver sequencer. I've also got one beauty case right now which I've dubbed my angry box it's got an MFB Videoscope, a Chaquo, and a Mod-Demod.

My biggest problem with the eurorack modular planner is that I always get carried away, I might start out making some kind of expansion plan but once I hit the limit to what a beauty case could hold I start thinking, "maybe I should just buy a 3U case, or a 6U case or better still a 9U case and the next thing I know I've wasted half my day building fantasy modulars I can't afford and that if I had the cash would probably spend on Serge panels instead.

help, I think I've got a problem with Eurocrack. I want to finish off my East Coast Beast so I can start building a West Coast Bananamonster


If it is CV generation and processing that you are after, the Wogglebug, combined with a clock divider such as the A-160 and perhaps the quantizer. This would be a very powerful, yet small CV processing and generation system.

Tony
Soy Sos
He's right you know!
dkcg
The PlanB ASR and Wavesplicer are only 4hp... smile

Cwejman PH-4 is I think 10HP and a lot of quadrature modulation in one module and it will offset and level the quadrature signal.
adam s
Harvestman Tyme Sefari + Doepfer Theremin module x 2


Yes, the TS for CV processing. It's like nothing else. The theremin modules are for controlling the loop start/end points. obviously the voltage being fucked has to come from outside the case.

.. or instead have just one theremin module and a VCLFO as the Tyme Sefari input, with the tyme sefari feeding back into the LFOs rate control... eek!
ex_dead_teenager
Damn it I should have checked this thread before I placed my order.

I just put one in today for a Clock Divider, Comparator, Dual Quantizer, Phaselocked Loop, and Analog Shift Register.

I love those Wogglebugs though I'm probably going to have to get one of those. I'm actually thinking about selling my Vostok Perhaps there's a Wogglebug in my future?
wetterberg
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
Damn it I should have checked this thread before I placed my order.
uh, yeah, otherwise there's really no point in asking razz

Quote:
I just put one in today for a Clock Divider, Comparator, Dual Quantizer, Phaselocked Loop, and Analog Shift Register.
don't feel bad about this selection, that's a really nice little cluster of things you can use to do fucked up shit, no doubt.
ex_dead_teenager
yah, my face is red. I don't think I'll regret my choice but in the future I'm obviously going to have to be more patient if I ask you guys for advice. d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group