MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ciat-lonbarde cocoquantus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author ciat-lonbarde cocoquantus
fredguy
pugix wrote:
mudlogger wrote:
Reading up alot about the coco.

Would there be any benefit in replacing the nodes with banana jacks to allow better integration with a modular?

Just looking at this and the plumbutter got me thinking.

It's impossible to replace the nodes with jacks. Or at least very difficult. The screws are soldered directly into the PC board. I can't imagine removing the board, ever. I'm wondering if the PB has the bananas soldered into the PC board in the same fashion. Too bad, because this makes repair difficult.

My solution for patching is to use alligator clips that accept a banana plug.

I asked Peter about this and he said it would require a case redesign and it wasn't happening any time soon. My coco and pb should ship this week and I'm going to look at making banana adapters that fit over the screws.
Thanks for the coco write up, it's layout is becoming clearer. Guinness ftw!
Scories
For me, playing with my Cocoquantus is like playing a board game; it has that tabletop design, you can bring it wherever you want, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
The more I play with it, the more I realise that it is pretty much self-sufficient. Any other synth that interacts with it end-up sounding like a Cocoquantus anyway. However, I expect fascinating sounds to occur while processing acoustic intruments and field recordings.
dude
Scories wrote:
sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

i love it. right on the money. it's crazy. it seems just as likely to make complete noise as it is to make audio diamonds.
Scories
Everytime I sit with it I'm both anxious and excited because playing with it is is part chance, part strategy. Sometimes, you have to use your musical judgement to let things stand still at the perfect moment. Some other times, you have have to improvise by using switches & knobs.
Reese P. Dubin
I just use one end of the alligator clip to bite the banana cable. They dont come apart unless you make it happen.
dude
getting a custom wood bottom made for mine to keep it all wood and to increase weight just a bit. hooray for custom coco bitches.

Checkered Flag
Minimoog56
Sounds pretty Fred Flinstone to me. I substituted Black Selcos for the Reans Peter uses. Matches the Bewchla better too.
bartlebooth
Minimoog56 wrote:
Sounds pretty Fred Flinstone to me. I substituted Black Selcos for the Reans Peter uses. Matches the Bewchla better too.

yabba dabba doo!
Pascal
applause
glitchpop
I just order my Cocoqunatus Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. I just had to tell some people that would understand applause
pas
glitchpop wrote:
I just order my Cocoqunatus Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. I just had to tell some people that would understand applause

holla!
Pascal
glitchpop wrote:

w00t
pugix
"I understand." -- Chauncy Gardiner
glitchpop
Thanks guys I can't wait The Chewbacca Defense I also got my Lil Sid working again last night (two dodgy transistors made all the difference) so soon I'll be able to patch all my CL weirdness together!
dude
oh man you are gonna love it! i just fell back in love with mine today. such sweet wonder and thunder abounds within. i got a custom bottom made for mine and it is so fucking sexy. just ridiculous how much class gets added with nice wooden bottom. i am on the fence about putting different knobs on. and i am going to do the ground mod tomorrow i think. where was the pic of that ground mod? richard, did you do that or was it someone else?
Matos
You guys are giving me such a coco boner. Must focus on my video rig. Damn y'all to heck!
pugix
dude wrote:
i am going to do the ground mod tomorrow i think. where was the pic of that ground mod? richard, did you do that or was it someone else?

http://pugix.com/synth/cocoquantus-battery-clip-and-ground-jak/

For all my cocoquantus posts, use the tag cloud. cocoquantus is the biggest tag right now. screaming goo yo

http://pugix.com/synth/tag/cocoquantus/
oljud
dude wrote:
i did the mod. dead easy. see this thread. i don't feel so much like they are a work in progress. i just think peter works quickly. i am nothing but grateful for that in that there is a market and he has the means. the pads for the fm in per slice of pie are on the board. easy to find. just wire em up to a brass screw. i found the exact parts peter uses at my local ace hardware. the mod turned out literally perfectly and it looks amazing. at this point my coco feels priceless.

Is this screw available online? Somewhat old post so you may have forgotten, but I'm grasping at straws now seriously, i just don't get it
dude
i have just over a dozen matching screws and washers for the old style coco etc.

i just walked into a hardware store seeking brass screws with matching washers. they were exactly the same as the ones used on my old coco and sid.
oljud
dude wrote:
i have just over a dozen matching screws and washers for the old style coco etc.

i just walked into a hardware store seeking brass screws with matching washers. they were exactly the same as the ones used on my old coco and sid.

Would you mind selling me ... six? Or at least one (screw+washer)? Been to several hardware stores, none had anything. Also went to a crafty type of place, they had no idea. Perhaps it's a US thing (I'm in Sweden).
dude
the vowel-like sounds are entirely from the ribbon itself
dude
attempted pmted
dude
well i attempted to pm you requesting your preferred shipping address. i have no use for these things.
jooks
oljud wrote:
dude wrote:

Would you mind selling me ... six? Or at least one (screw+washer)? Been to several hardware stores, none had anything. Also went to a crafty type of place, they had no idea. Perhaps it's a US thing (I'm in Sweden).

Hej!
I did the fm mod on an old coco a few years ago and had the same experience as dude but here in sweden. The first hardwarestore I walked into had the exact same screw. Problem is I cant remember which store and I dont think I have any left. Probably Beijers....I will also have another look in the garage to see if I can find some.
oljud
jooks wrote:
oljud wrote:
dude wrote:

Hej!
I did the fm mod on an old coco a few years ago and had the same experience as dude but here in sweden. The first hardwarestore I walked into had the exact same screw. Problem is I cant remember which store and I dont think I have any left. Probably Beijers....I will also have another look in the garage to see if I can find some.

Oh, really? I'll check Beijer and then get back to dude if it doesn't work out. Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4