MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ciat-lonbarde cocoquantus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author ciat-lonbarde cocoquantus
Nelson Baboon
http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/cocoquantus/index.html

It's here, and it's mine. My ridiculous price on the xs was so that I could grab the second one of these that he has available. Otherwise there will be a bit of a wait.

I just picked up a used cocostuber (its predecessor) from another MW member, and I really can't believe how cool it is. this new one is different enough that I think that the 2 will be very complementary.
goiks
can i come over and play it? (it's a 6 hr drive so it may be a few months)
rico loverde
I checked this out after seeing your XS post. I cant wait to hear what you do with it. Really a beautiful piece of gear.
Nelson Baboon
goiks wrote:
can i come over and play it? (it's a 6 hr drive so it may be a few months)

I'll be here...
opsysbug
Really cool! i have Cocolace. This one looks better...
dude
never got to agree too much with babs until after the schism. holy fucking shit am i head over heels in love with sidrassi+cocoquantus+bend matrix+el cap!!!

my little table of dreams
haricots
Video of all this stuff please!
pas
I should have mine sometime next week, I'm insanely excited by all the possibilities...just can't stop thinking about coco.

Dude, never occurred to me how amazing the bend matrix might be w/ a coco, that sounds like hell of a setup.
dude
fuckin a bitches

no video for me for a while...and the ony reason is that it is too fucking much fun to play this stuff. i can't sit back like with the modular and watch at the awesome patch i just built. this requires deep physical exploration and interaction... so sorry, no video. i am trying to wrap my brain around getting this live-ready once i get the time, so likely video from that but it will be a long time.

pas, do you have other CL stuff? the coupling i have would be sorely lacking in depth if i removed any of the parts imo. sid+coco is awesome but i require more processing. of course the CQ can deal with anything but sid is much more of an instrument imo than a box whereas CQ is more of a processing station at least as far as i have gotten with it. ive only had it a week though.
dude
as for the matrix, sadly it doesn't work with cv as there is always bleed from the ciat lonbarde stuff. so my sequenced switching is all with audio. but the audio stuff is fun as hell. i have been trying to figure a plan with 4ms to help get the bend matrix to be able to deal with the cv of the sidrassi and coQ but iy hasn't yet materialized. so now it is a freak sequenced audio router. no shame in that for the time being.
pas
Dude, this is my first cl instrument, I'm hoping to use it w/ my modular, but moreso I want to tie my test equipment & pedal setup, see where that gets me. I work w/ a wide variety of tools, mics, tape, etc...that the coco seems like the missing link. Once funds are available a sidrassi will be next unless Peter releases something new that gets in the way. I'm really looking forward to the interactive exploratory blind spots that the coco should deliver, I'll keep ya updated on my progress, we'll be coco buddies. w00t
dude
yeah man! i am sure the coco is a god choice for a somewhat off the beaten path current setup. it's not a delay or a sampler but it can of course function as those x2. its a freak but a very well thought out freak. at first i was thinking i would never be able to wrap my head around it. but a bird on my shoulder instructed that i would soon figure it all out and fall madly in love. that bartlebird was o much more than right. i use it in a really standard routing usually thus far: sid l/r out> coco l/r in. i can of course switch them around with the bend matrix which can do fascinating things but the fundamental routing is obvious. i have used a mic in but my signal wasn't quite loud enough. more tinkering will prove an answer with that for sure. a radio in would be super cool. the supplied piezo pad in is a ton of fun but a bit awkward to hold. i know a machinedrum would be fun into it and many other things, but the setup i have mesmerizes me perfectly thus far that i see no reason to explore beyond what is sitting in fornt of me. plus i haven't had much time. it's all ive been using form musical breaks during marathon study/writing sessions for school.

i can't wait to hear about what you come up with. fascinations.
dude
can anybody explain the lozenge and the indication it is meant to show?

it is the only thing i have literally no clue about. i can make my way around everything else.

does it deal wit input states of the oscillators? i can't be pitch or anything moving as they don't move even when the oscillators do.

pugix? bartlebooth? anybody?

love this thing! its ability to go from processor to sampler so quickly and with such varied results is just amazing. i believe it benefits from down the line processing as the highs are very intense and things are quite noisy but it is the kind of thing which works pretty damn well for me.
cebec
dude wrote:
can anybody explain the lozenge and the indication it is meant to show?

it is the only thing i have literally no clue about. i can make my way around everything else.

does it deal wit input states of the oscillators? i can't be pitch or anything moving as they don't move even when the oscillators do.

pugix? bartlebooth? anybody?

love this thing! its ability to go from processor to sampler so quickly and with such varied results is just amazing. i believe it benefits from down the line processing as the highs are very intense and things are quite noisy but it is the kind of thing which works pretty damn well for me.

this is quoted from bartlebooth on another thread in response to pugix but since I'm here... :

Quote:

hi richard, thanks for sharing your findings! yeah i think the led code breaks down like this:
no led = the osc one position CCW is being sampled at the rhythm of this one
yellow led = the osc two positions CCW is begin sampled at the rhythm of this one
red led = the osc three positions CCW i being sampled at the rhythms of this one
both red & yellow =the osc four positions CCW is being sampled at the rhythm of this one
is this what you have determined too? oh and blue led means the whole waveform is used rather than impulse S&H

now what makes it tricky (but also ingenius) of course is that the 'other' osc that is being sampled by this one is itself always sampling another osc to determine its behavior depending on IT'S led state..and so on with that other osc which is why you always get these crazy chaotic behaviors in the modulations. the chaos knobs acts as a kind of attenuator on these intermodulations, left is full and right is none.

Dead Banana
dude
so touching the circle node of each osc is then just changing state and not actually sending modulation input to said osc?
cebec
dude wrote:
so touching the circle node of each osc is then just changing state and not actually sending modulation input to said osc?

i think it's both, actually, but i can't be sure. you are changing the 'wiring' between the oscillators so they modulate one another according to the state you've put them in through the 'cercel' nodes.
dude
miami + cocoquantus x blueSky=rad
dude
bump to encourage discussion
Scories
Ok, so about the complex FM modulation.... Mr. Green
dude
yeah, the fm in nodes mod allow for simple or even further crazy modulation of each of the 5 oscs individually. this made the instrument far more useful to me. before that it was just to quick to get into unintelligible noise. that is fun for a sec but i like to be able to move with some semblance of subtlety.

what questions do you have specifically? i still have no idea how the lozenge is working so can't help you there. have you read peters manual on the CQ page? i go over that about every other week just to freshen up on function. it works A LOT better when i have a better idea of what is going on.

i like to use the feedback switching in down position for the ducking effect. thats very fun.

one odd thing i know is that my right coco is WAY noisier than my left. i can work with it but it is very noticeable.
Scories
As self-generative device, I had great results by patching a clock to the lozenge nodes. You get freeform shifting melodies and rhythms.

Have you done the mod by yourself od did you asked Peter to do so?

The worst & best thing with these instruments is that they're a work-in-progress. Sometimes, new options appears...

edit : I'm still wondering how a 16bit Coco would sounds like. Having a 8/18bits switch would be nice.

By the way, the CocoQ can generate really cool off-the-wall techno basslines.
dude
i did the mod. dead easy. see this thread. i don't feel so much like they are a work in progress. i just think peter works quickly. i am nothing but grateful for that in that there is a market and he has the means. the pads for the fm in per slice of pie are on the board. easy to find. just wire em up to a brass screw. i found the exact parts peter uses at my local ace hardware. the mod turned out literally perfectly and it looks amazing. at this point my coco feels priceless.
Scories
Thanks for the enthusiast suggestion. That might just push me to do my very first mod.

Btw, I like the way you set the screw in an half-circular way.
dude
its the easiest mod ever. and yeah on the half circle, it seemed right. and i just so happened to lay it out in a way that logically related to the way the pie is sliced. great stuff.
pas
the right side of my coco also seems noisier, I guess that's intentional. scories, I didn't do my mod but whilst assisting dude w/ pics, examining the connections made me see how easy it can be done.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4