MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Help filling my final gaps (until I buy another case)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Help filling my final gaps (until I buy another case)
richardm123uk
Hello All,

After 4 months of getting my system together and lots of advice from this group I am finally just about there. Sounds that I had in my head are becoming reality. I love my system but have developed an addiction to modulars!!!!.

I still have holes and I want to fill them. Have I missed anything out?.

I am definatly going to get a Tyme Sefari but wondered what else you can suggest. Are there any really important modules I am missing.

I am still exploring my music but influences are long droney pieces, Coil and what is inside my head smile.

Any suggestions.

Cheers,
Richard
sandyb
some timing and switch type modules might be useful.
maybe some of the following?

doepfer A160 clock/trigger divider
doepfer A161 clock/trigger sequencer (has to go with the A160)
doepfer A151 sequential switch
doepfer A150 voltage controlled switch
plan b model 17 triple event timer

sandy
REwire
I'd say one or two better filters. The EMS is OK but doesn't do much. You could use the QMMG as filters too but a good multimode like the Frequensteiner or Model 12, A-106 Xpander Filter.

Unless you are going to modify the holes in those Asys modules, there will be gaps between them and Doepfer, Plan-B, Livewire and others. Make that adjustment in the Planner so you don't fill it up too tight and run out of room in reality.
richardm123uk
Some timing and switch type modules might be useful.

That is something I have been thinking about but I am a little confused. I had looked at the A160, A160 & M17. I had never looked at the A150&151. What would be the best all rounder?. The musicality of the M17 is very appealing.
sandyb
richardm123uk wrote:
Some timing and switch type modules might be useful.

That is something I have been thinking about but I am a little confused. I had looked at the A160, A160 & M17. I had never looked at the A150&151. What would be the best all rounder?. The musicality of the M17 is very appealing.

the A160 and A151 go together quite well imo. you can trigger the A151 using different divisions of the A160 which i find really useful. the A161 on the other hand is fixed to the speed of the signal you input into the A160.
the model 17 is useful if you want to use other types of signal (audio for example) to produce a trigger. it will convert pretty much most types of signal to a trigger (or set of 3 triggers) depending on how you set up the levels.
Constantine
yes, EMS filter clone is useful as a filter/oscillator and ability to choose slew speed and 18/24db is nice but i'd definitely add a multi-mode filter to this system. Do you need 4 OSCs for drones? LFOs and some filters can go into audio rates. I use spring reverb (a-199) a lot and i think it's very useful for drones. And you can tap the reverb tank or springs themselves for additional noises meh I know coil used maq 16/3 at some point, so probably you'd want to add some kind of sequencer for that system.
Kakihara
mmmm... many good suggestions there grin

mine would be to get rid of the unpowered multiples and keep them on the side, it costs too much to have a rack and waste its space with such modules!
my Québécois cent razz

g.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1