MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Minimal Techno Recommendations
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Minimal Techno Recommendations

mjsemtex

haven't seen much mention of all of the kompakt sub-labels and voigt brothers projects:

auftrieb
freiland
profan
wolfgang voigt's studio 1 releases

CF3

intellijel wrote:
Been into minimal techno for like 15-20 years now! A big focus for me on the modules I make is to create things that would be useful for making techno. I still have not made a lot of the modules I need/want yet.

G-Man - Quo Vadis (classic!!! love anything that sounds underwater)

Awesome SlayerBadger! This is also my passion for the last 20+ years. I still play Quo Vadis in my set all the time. Minimal is more a state of mind than a genre...anything can be "minimal". Much of what is being called minimal is really just techno. Didn't know you were a tech-head intellijell...that just up'd your stock with me thumbs up

bentundra

A great minimal producer from the Chicago area - m50 aka Area. Really love his stuff. Hell of a DJ, too.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/m50/area-llpod[/s]

BugBrand

Found Luke Hess via FXHE - not minimal - his FXHE releases are very dubby:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/hesslabs/luke-hess-ekstrakt-podcast[/s]

Really been enjoying his mixes (haven't even listened to this one yet..)

exper

mjsemtex wrote:
haven't seen much mention of all of the kompakt sub-labels and voigt brothers projects:

auftrieb
freiland
profan

The Studio 1 stuff is so amazing. Timeless sounding yet I can't believe how old it really is. When I think of how most techno sounded at the time, especially at raves and such, it makes his music sound like it was sent from 20 years in the future.

What I love most about those records is the polyrhythms. Almost euclidian patterns with extremely subtle modulations.

GrobbingThistle

I don't know much about techno classifications, but I love what Blawan is doing. Especially this track:

pixelmechanic

Really surprised to see no mention of Sandwell District.

Some awesome stuff released so far, although it seems it's going the way of BC, with a recent press release suggesting there'll be fewer releases.

You should find some good clips on boomkat.com

JP

Dominik Eulberg

magneticweb

not so much minimal but stoked on the new Petar Dundov 3xLP about to drop.

Babaluma

all the stuff i've heard by our very own Lapse (tony d and friend), has been AMAZING! highly recommended.

fiero

Stephan Bodzin

a8252359

This thread is genius. I want to bump it.

Emptyset is my favourite recommendation so far. Their new LP is amazing.

4secloop

Highly recommend the new Voices From The Lake record.

http://prologuemusic.bandcamp.com/album/voices-from-the-lake-feat-dona to-dozzy-and-neel

JamieDrouin

Not mentioned yet, but one of my personal favorites is ROJO by the artist I.A. Bericochea, released almost 10 years back on Minus. Nothing else sounds like it.

bl13p

- Thomas Brinkmann and his Max Ernst label, especially the releases on sublabel Ernst

- the Pom Pom and Nursing Home labels (anyone knows who those people are btw?)

chando

GrobbingThistle wrote:
I don't know much about techno classifications, but I love what Blawan is doing. Especially this track:

THanks for sharing!!

Nice to hear something new I actually like... being a hater/lover can get ruff sometimes...

naahmmm

lilakmonoke wrote:
basically you want a time machine to berlin anywhere 2000 - 2005 ... nothing but minmal.

i just saw stepan bodzin at the berghain club in berlin. this was the most spaced out epic live set ever. this dude uses the minimal groove but then takes it to another level. check it out:

http://soundcloud.com/stephanbodzin

[s]http://soundcloud.com/stephanbodzin/bremen-ost-herzblut-recordings/  [/s]

+1 on stephan bodzin, this guy is awesome

Monobass

bellurypants

I haven't read this entire thread, so apologies if I'm repeating anything, but you should check out the following:

Blondes
Byetone
Kangding Or
Function
Silent Servant
Andy Stott
Fort Romeau
Monolake
Demdike Stare

chando

Ah .. DBX - Electric Shock.

I'm a sucker for 909/RZ-1 combo.. Here's a lesser known classic.

gridrunner

mjsemtex wrote:

auftrieb
freiland
profan

Rockin' Banana!
yes!! those earlier Profan records and the Studio 1 set are essential! Pretty much everthing that has come out of that Koln group since around '95 is superb.

jimmyedgar

gridrunner

One of my favorite Mika Vainio projects...

chando

DBX again!?!

OK, well lets do yet another 909/RZ-1 jam...

chando

I'm glad Kompakt wasn't mentioned yet... the 00's will be known as the dark ages of techno... slow, boring and fueled by alcohol...

SO GLAD R&S IS BACK!!!

loving LONE and Blawan..

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 5 of 8