MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
CURRENTLY BROWSING IN GUEST MODE
PLEASE LOGIN TO ACCESS FULL FUNCTIONALITY

Minimal Techno Recommendations
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Minimal Techno Recommendations

pas

one of my favorite artists in the last few years is Torsten Pröfrock aka Dynamo, Erosion, Log, Resilent, T++, Traktor, Various Artists, etc...he's an amazing producer of seemingly simple yet complex & challenging electronic music usually on the dance side of the spectrum. perhaps not entirely 'minimal,' though enough so to be included on this thread. personally i am in love w/ his works as T++ & it saddens me that "Wireless" was his last proper outing under the T++ moniker, but damn, what a way to go out. he prevails i'm sure & i can't wait to hear his next phase...check it:

jbuonacc

pas wrote:
one of my favorite artists in the last few years is Torsten Pröfrock aka Dynamo, Erosion, Log, Resilent, T++, Traktor, Various Artists, etc...

man, that first track is excellent! i love the stuff he did on Chain Reaction, wasn't aware of these newer releases.

as for stuff that sounds like Plastikman...

i just stumbled across an album called 'The Depths' by the artist JPLS (on Hawtin's Minus label). definitely captures the Plastikman vibe, possibly more so than anyone else i've heard. check it out if you can.

digital_steve

JPLS was an up and comer on mnml.nl when I was into that and then really broke out with some great stuff on minus... Real old meets new stuff.
One artist I truly respect for various reasons

BugBrand

Oh, that's interesting about T++ --> I got Cropped via MP3 download and didn't realise his larger working life. Will go hunt out some more (and get some recordings in REAL formats - ie. screw MP3s)

aksen

Janarto wrote:
Cristian Varela - Colmedream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdTG767IIo

oh no no no, cristian what have you become?

on the topic at hand - gui boratto's new album on kompakt sounds very tasty.

BugBrand

F-yeah -- Sleeparchive is really doing it for me.

tony d

BugBrand wrote:
F-yeah -- Sleeparchive is really doing it for me.

Sleeparchive is the shit!

Also, never heard of Emptyset,man that shit is top notch.
Definitely gave me the same feeling of when i first heard Ancient Methods.

pas

BugBrand wrote:
Oh, that's interesting about T++ --> I got Cropped via MP3 download and didn't realise his larger working life. Will go hunt out some more (and get some recordings in REAL formats - ie. screw MP3s)

sweet...yeah, his singles are fanfuckingtastic! my opinion: can't touch mr. Pröfrock, perfect.

—
...sleeparchive is the shit, one of my fav tracks by him,

pas

...was obsessed w/ this single a while back, post'd this on the house thread, but makes for a nice minimal recommendation for those who miss'd it there,

limpmeat

Do what I do and just check out all the music from http://hardwax.com/

I might be stating the obvious, but for those who haven't been there or heard of Hardwax, check it out.

Also Boomkat has good stuff.

Suburban Bather

Hehehehehe, I stumbled on this track while searching for a Magda track that I can not remember the title of. It does not make me want a buchla system, but it is a quirky and fun track 8_)

otto_tsr

theabsent wrote:
umek
Marko Laine
Jukka Nieminen

and:

neil landstrumm
subhead
jamie lidell

Funky40

emtyset is what i needed but not found
thanks !

Monolake is cool as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A1BwBI_UhE&feature=related

Babaluma

the new "liber" eps from the black dog are well minimal and good.

Funky40

spitehouse wrote:

Orphx is probably worth a mention also.]

Thanks.
thats another pearl for me.

b3nsf

maurizio is really good minimal!!! love

Luka

T++ is part of monolake as well

Love his style - it has such amazing groove

Oldstench

Atom Heart yo.

J

Ø / philus / mika vainio have been mentioned, but i love this track
from 1993

w00t

Funky40

where do you guys surch for the music ?
I have no experience in online purchases.
I'm mostly interested in Emptyset,Orphx, T++, Monolake,

tony d

http://www.discogs.com/

Funky40

thats cool, thanks !

tony d

Nice mix put together by Casual Violence.
For the fans of Orphyx/Vromb.Darker, atmospheric,slowly evolving textures.

http://official.fm/tracks/312135

Also, check out the other mixes on the Smile cold anatomy site.In particular i've really been diggin the Perc mix.Just a really solid proper mix in my opinion.

Oldstench

^^^^
Thanks for the link; it's really great.

spitehouse

Funky40 wrote:
where do you guys surch for the music ?
I have no experience in online purchases.
I'm mostly interested in Emptyset,Orphx, T++, Monolake,

boomkat or bandcamp usually...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 2 of 8