Tenori-On Users With a Mac?

Yamaha shut down all support - let this instrument live on here!

Moderators: Kent, ritchiedrums, Paranormal Patroler

neilbaldwin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Tenori-On Users With a Mac?

Post by neilbaldwin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I grabbed the Voice Manager utility from Yamaha's website but you need Stuffit Expander to extract it from the .sitx file and I point-blank refuse to install Stuffit. :bang:

Could a Mac user do me a massive favour and un-stuff it (and re-zip it if necessary) and Dropbox it to me (or rapidshare etc.)?

Much appreciated :tu:

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Lemme know when you have it so I can delete it please? Yammy might get cranky - prolly not but you know...
Last edited by mckenic on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

neilbaldwin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neilbaldwin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:39 am

Ah, cheers. Someone else beat you to it but I appreciate the effort man :tu:

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

:tu:

xist
Learning to Wiggle

Same need!

Post by xist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 am

I'm in the same situation. No CD player and I can't seem to find the Mac version on the Yamaha site.
Anyone?

Thanks!

UPDATE: found it on the Japanese website, but unfortunately the app doesn't seem to run in the latest Mac OS (High Sierra).

Any tips?

:bang:

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Here is a link to my Tenori-On folder with all the software, Firmware Updates, Owners manual, Service manual, MIDI cable Pinouts, and over 500 samples that I have gleaned off the net over the years - ENJOY!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uk3uoz76qp94 ... VlaLa?dl=0
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:43 pm

:tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm

:lol:

xist
Learning to Wiggle

Post by xist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you very much guys, that version of the app strangely works. Much appreciated, also for the big folder with all those resources :-)

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Issues with Voice manager

Post by littleboots » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:54 am

Hi everyone, so happy to find this thread! I have just rebooted my Tenori-on for the first time in a few years and amazingly all my old files and song still work. However I want to load some new samples and am having isssues.

I downloaded the voice manager software from two seperate links above (thanks guys) but any time I try to load a sound I get the message "It failed in loading the file". Has anyone ever experienced this or got any ideas? I have tried drag and drop or loading files from menu. s

I am on OS X El Captain 10.11.6

I am using under 1second .aif files that we originally used no problem with the software on a previous macbook. I have also tried wavs and other aif files that should be formatted correctly and have the same issue with any file.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or knows another way of formatting sounds to put straight to SD?

Thanks so much!
Victoria

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littleboots » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:11 am

Also if anyone can help... I cannot update to the 'new' firmware (currently on 1.0!), I get

[ROM Update]

[Ok]

as display options when I reboot holding OK/ cancel with the SD card with new firmware on it, but neither of these options respond with toggle or OK. I have tried to update on two different Tenori-ons and having the same issue so assuming its not a hardware problem.

Please let me know if anyone can help, sorry I couldn't start a new thread for this as I've just signed up.

Luap
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Luap » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:58 am

^ I'm guilty of not having used mine for a while either!

Regarding your 1st problem.. Is the Voice manager software on V1.0.1? Thats what I have, and it appears to work on my mac.
Also, try on a different Mac, if possible.

Second problem is confuzzling also. My 1st guess would be the SD card.. Is it the same one you've used before? Is it 2gb or less? I ask as I recall Tenori-ons are fussy about SD cards, and won't even work with a card larger than 2gb.
This might also relate to your 1st problem!?

I have a copy of the V2.0 and V2.1 firmwares along with instructions (which i've successfully applied myself in the past) if you need them.

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littleboots » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:21 am

Thanks so much your reply, the samples issue is less urgent now as I've managed to recover and load most of my old ones.

Not being able to 'upgrade' to 2.1 firmware is a real problem though !

I've tried 2 different SD cards on 2 different Tenori-ons, both 2 GB and formatted on Tenori-on and working fine to load other blocks and song files.

They just freeze on the [ROM updates] screen and neither the jog wheel or OK button has any effect.

Does anyone have an idea if that is the correct display message you should see when trying to update? The instructions mentioned to use the jog wheel to scroll options but there are none.

Could it be that the jump from 1.0 to 2.1 is too much? I tried 2.1 also. I downloaded directly from the Yamaha site.

Any ideas please help - I'm desperate for the mute shortcut in particular! And some decent midi sync!

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littleboots » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:25 am

this is the screen it shows on start up but the jog wheel and ok buttons do nothing

Luap
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Luap » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:52 am

^ Yes, that is the correct display to update the firmware. But evidently your Tenori-on is not seeing the update file for some reason. Or else you'd see it between 'Rom update' & 'OK' If some files were to appear there, then your jog wheel would do something also.

Just so we're clear(!?) My SD card is 'Untitled' and the SD card has 1 folder on it called "TENORI-ON" and the update file called "TNR-MAIN-210.tup" is in that folder (along with numerous other Tenori-on files)
Does that tally with what you have there?

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littleboots » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:50 am

Ah I just realised i didn't have the update inside the folder!! my bad can't believe I made such a rookie mistake!

I have the update working now thanks so much for your help!

Luap
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Luap » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:20 pm

^ That would do it! Glad you got it sorted :tu:

littleboots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littleboots » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:07 am

Thanks everyone who has reached out, this really is such a great community :-)

As I'm dealing with two fairly battered heavily toured units even though I have resolved the above issues I've obviously run into more.... :(

One unit has a faulty output, the level is very low and crackly. I know this a fairly quick fix if you know what you're doing but its beyond my scope.

The second unit that has a much better output but two of the L/ R buttons are not working, I assume because of faulty connections behind.

If anyone knows of anyone who may be able to help with a quick repair based in or near London please get in touch. We leave for tour on Wednesday so are looking for a quick solution!

Best
Victoria

Return to “Tenori-On”