MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

As if by magic... SYN1 Weevil Minijack..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author As if by magic... SYN1 Weevil Minijack..
BugBrand
..is now available!
(though I haven't as yet done any new demo sounds/vids)
I did update the main Banana version description though.

SYN1 - Weevil Minijack

Let's see how this one goes down..

tIB
hurrah! loving mine, some audio here:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/t1b/weevil-minihack-syn1[/s]
AntManBee
Tom, is this is a standard BugBrand module but with mini-jacks for compatibility? I had a brief glimmer of hope that you might have relented and made your first euro module...
BugBrand
Ah - thanks Andy!

AntManBee - sorry, Frac as always - hell shall freeze over before I make a move to the EuroLands!
infradead
damn it tom...

quit making frac so incredibly sexy and tempting..
neither my wallet or heart can take the strain..
suboptimal
Ugh. Frac's gravitational pull just got more serious.
solitaryzen
Oh yeah! Some more blue is on it's way to my frac system love
consumed
well that looks fuggin sweet. i like the new minijack look! (or maybe not new?) Guinness ftw!
dorukca
Can I eventually convert it into a banana jack module? If I decide to expand my system will the other BugBrand modules that are banana jack modules work in a system that is powered by Blacet's PS505?
monstrinho
dorukca wrote:
Can I eventually convert it into a banana jack module? If I decide to expand my system will the other BugBrand modules that are banana jack modules work in a system that is powered by Blacet's PS505?

Ghost Ghost Ghost

Necro thread because I was wondering exactly the same thing. Has anyone converted any of the minijack Bugs to bananas? I've never seen the back of one, so I have no idea what the board to panel spacing looks like etc etc...
Ekofisk
Yes, it is possible and easy. I did this with a few of my early bug modules which were minijack. With bugs, you don't even need to drill a bigger hOle.
richard
and it is also true that there will be more joy in heaven for a minjack that decides to walk to the true path of the banana... It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
reignbear
i think it's only easy if it's a rev 1 bug module with a perpendicular pcb. i think most of the rev 2 and beyond modules, like the one above, require pretty heavy modification in order to swap the minijacks out for bananas.
monstrinho
reignbear wrote:
i think it's only easy if it's a rev 1 bug module with a perpendicular pcb. i think most of the rev 2 and beyond modules, like the one above, require pretty heavy modification in order to swap the minijacks out for bananas.

That's kind of the impression I had just by looking at it, but as I said, I haven't seen the back of one. If the spacing is very tight, it would involve desoldering all of the pots and attaching them to the board with flying leads etc. However, it looks like there may be two separate jack boards there, judging by the placement of the screws on the front panel. If the main PCB is attached to the knobs but the jacks are on separate PCBs, that could make things easier. It still might not be a straightforward mod, though. Could someone who owns one of these post a photo of what the back looks like?
Ekofisk
Yes, sorry. I was thinking of the rev1 modules. Didn't think there were many later revisions with mini jacks?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1