MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Eurofied monotronGoto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules
Author Eurofied monotron

pulplogic

I finally put a panel on my Eurofied monotron, so I thought I'd show it off. The inputs are buffered and attenuated and the outputs are brought up to Euro levels. Many props to Tim Stinchcombe for the excellent filter analysis.

http://www.timstinchcombe.co.uk/synth/monotron/mono.html

I replaced the LM324 with a much lower noise UPC4574 and modified the compensation network to something similar to the MS10. The op-amp is now powered from +-12V. I plan on trying an OPA4277 in the filter next since it has a similar gain-bandwidth product (1MHz) as the original, but much lower noise 8nV/rtHz.

antimatteraudio

love Samples please!

Hainbach

Awesome! applause I too would like to hear what you can now squeeze out of the Monotron.

flashheart

Stunning. What's the panel made from?

Matos

That's amazing. Beautiful work. Looks flawless. It looks how I always dreamed it would, but better. Wish it was mine.

mateo

flashheart wrote:
Stunning. What's the panel made from?

Looks like acrylic to me...

authorless

Badass. Nice job, sir.

Tall Midget

Very cool, I was expecting a ribbon controller in the panel though.

valis

Wow very very cool. I'm sure many of us would be interested in as much detail about your process as you'd want to give us!

Madcap Labs

It's motherfucking bacon yo

exper

pulplogic wrote:

It's beautiful! Any plans to make more of these?

rico loverde

damn, that is pretty fucking dope...really nice looking. def gotta post a video of it in action

reignbear

um...... MY ASS IS BLEEDING we're not worthy MY ASS IS BLEEDING

bint

woah!

Bricks

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

dude

fuck yeah!

anselmi

something wonderful

mark_snipz

Nice. Very Nice...

Red Electric Rainbow

Looks like a quality build.

jcn7

Wow! By any chance would you consider modding other peoples monotrons for profit? I'd sure be interested. Great job!

phono1337

Nice job
applause

Synesthesia

eek! we're not worthy

Tim Stinchcombe

pulplogic wrote:
I finally put a panel on my Eurofied monotron, so I thought I'd show it off. The inputs are buffered and attenuated and the outputs are brought up to Euro levels.
Nice looking job - I particularly like the right-angle headers in the pot holes, to interface the two boards! How similar are the technical details of what you have done to those you posted some while ago? I notice for example that you do not seem to have included an 'audio in' socket?

Quote:
I replaced the LM324 with a much lower noise UPC4574 and modified the compensation network to something similar to the MS10. The op-amp is now powered from +-12V. I plan on trying an OPA4277 in the filter next since it has a similar gain-bandwidth product (1MHz) as the original, but much lower noise 8nV/rtHz.
From a quick glance at the datasheet, the OPA4277 looks like a good candidate for a simple 'drop in' replacement - might look into this myself (after spending so much time on the filter analysis, I kind of got a little sick of looking at the thing, and put it down in favour of other projects...!). And what's up with the '324 in your photo - looks rather like the top is blown right out of it! eek!

Tim

neilbaldwin

Brilliant!

Meat Parade

hyper

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11