MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What new booty did you buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241  Next [all]
Author What new booty did you buy?
GavRL
My two new incomings:

The little chap only arrived today.
Fleuw
Ive got a Erica synth Pico System II on the way here. Gonna be my little setup for when im working nights all alone
1040df
electrix repeater (again..)
Final_Instrument
Parts for a new PC build... been a long time coming
8700k time!
lisa
1040df wrote:
electrix repeater (again..)

hihi
Rex Coil 7
I bought my disabled brother a Novation Bass Station II.

Bought my wife a Boss RT-20 rotary simulator for her 1955 Hammond M3 named "Morticia" (her other M3 is a 1952 and it's named "Gomez").

And just a couple of days back I took delivery of a used Mutable Instruments WARPS. To be used with a few Yamaha rack synths (TG500 and a TX81Z) as well as an E-MU Audity 2000. I plan on running the WARPS in the ~aux~ bus send of the 12ch main synth desk mixer just like a rack FX unit would be used. I have plenty of Euro modulators to modulate the WARPS (4 MATHS, 4 Doepfer quad VCA/Mixers, 2 Intellijel dual ADSRs, a Doepfer Quad LFO, and the wonderous Synthesis Technology E355 Dual Morphin LFO ... plus many others). I've also got the necessary gain booster required to bring the rack synth outputs up to modular signal levels.

So I'm all set to turn the WARPS into an excellent wave-funkifier dedicated to a few 1990s rack synths.

Now I just need to finish the 16U cab construction for 5 rows of Euro, putting eyelets on 24 Hinton Instruments Euro power cables, fabbing up three 14" long bus bars, mounting the 3 amp "Power One" linear PSU to be able to use all of that Euro shit!

h4ndcrafted
Picked it up at last. It’s teeny tiny! Looks much smaller in real life, the encoders are great feeling.

StillNotWorking

Mostly acoustic noise sources this time.
Fretless acoustic bass with new nylon core strings, chasing double bass tone. Not a bass player by any means, but this instrument is great fun to explore. With these strings the tone truely is in your fingers.
Electric dobro (spider cone) wanted the slide sounds with the comfort of an electric guitar. Plan to install a cheap dynamic microfone to pickup more of the actual cone sound.
Kalimba, now then why havent I gotten one years ago...
Aleksey
Got a grandmother last week. Having a blast!
RedLab
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

I bought my disabled brother [...]

Bought my wife [...]

And just a couple of days back I took delivery [...]

Gotta say, some of your sentences start off very promising.
mome rath
Aleksey wrote:
Got a grandmother last week. Having a blast!

pmboos
My latest - a Rare Waves MIDI Narrator is on the way! (Plus just a couple of weeks ago, I received my eoWave Quadrantid Swarm that I backed on Kickstarter).
Spackfiller
A Sequential Prophet Rev 2, 8 voice version
gringostar
2 samplers.

Yamaha A5000 fully expanded including the extra ins and outs and a Tyme Sefari with ASoT.
Aanon
Expert Sleepers ES-40 + ESX-8MD setup

plus

MOTU MTP AV Parallel

I'm so ready to end MIDI sync issues that I decided to try both of them
thee ghost ov n_phay
mousegarden wrote:
thee ghost ov n_phay wrote:
I scraped up for a while and bought myself a new Korg Kronos 2. I'm very pleased with it, and it should be able to replace my old e-mu sampler and my sy99 at the very least. The synthesis power this thing has is immense, the FM engine in particular is v powerful.

I'm tempted by a Kronos, but I'm running out of space, plus, I'm after a real Rhodes 88, I tried the EP's in the Kronos, they're not bad, but I'm not sure I'd use all that other synthesis stuff. Interesting you say it will replace your sampler, is the sampler in the Kronos any good?

sorry, I missed this, I'm not ignoring you or anything! If you're after a sampler with its m.o. based on keymapping, as opposed to a groovebox-type sampler, and if yr ok with the processing being basically HP, BP and/or LP filters in various combinations, then it's fucking outstanding. Probably going to replace Kontakt with it as well.
mousegarden
mousegarden wrote:
I scraped up for a while and bought myself a new Korg Kronos 2. I'm very pleased with it, and it should be able to replace my old e-mu sampler and my sy99 at the very least. The synthesis power this thing has is immense, the FM engine in particular is v powerful.

I'm tempted by a Kronos, but I'm running out of space, plus, I'm after a real Rhodes 88, I tried the EP's in the Kronos, they're not bad, but I'm not sure I'd use all that other synthesis stuff. Interesting you say it will replace your sampler, is the sampler in the Kronos any good?

sorry, I missed this, I'm not ignoring you or anything! If you're after a sampler with its m.o. based on keymapping, as opposed to a groovebox-type sampler, and if yr ok with the processing being basically HP, BP and/or LP filters in various combinations, then it's fucking outstanding. Probably going to replace Kontakt with it as well.

Thanks! it sounds suited to me, although I have got a bit dependant on Kontakt, and a lot of samples are designed for it.
Branko
ROLAND SH2000 with the Moog-style filter. I'm in love with its sample and hold, and it is incredible for solos that cut through the mix.
pmboos
Just ordered a Grendel Grenadier RA-9. I love the sound of the filters - can't wait to try it out....
MindMachine
DOA Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. Returned and replaced with:

Hey_Steve86
Just picked up a Crumar/Univox Multiman!

Now I just need to pick up a chorus pedal.

StillNotWorking
MindMachine wrote:
DOA Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. Returned and replaced with:

What do you think about the SDD320 (Dimension D) settings on keys?

I just ordered a couple of power supplies to tidy up my cramped space
Scot Solida
I had a VFX-SD in the '90s that I loved dearly and have recently been on the lookout for a replacement. The SD-1 32-voice is the final iteration before they switched to the next generation of synths. Cheap and still a very capable machine. With six oscillators, transwaves, and poly-aftertouch, it's capable of lovely, evolving digital sounds and great fun to program.

tron23
Congratulations, imo the sd1 is an underrated and really unique digital synthesizer. After owning one for many years, I still discover new ground in sound synthesis.
Scot Solida
tron23 wrote:
Congratulations, imo the sd1 is an underrated and really unique digital synthesizer. After owning one for many years, I still discover new ground in sound synthesis.

Thanks. I agree. My VFX-SD was the center of my live rig for a long time, and was one of my favorite synths to patch. It remains my favorite of the "workstation" synths of the era. I've also got an old EPS on the way (my first sampler, I bought one new in '88) and am thinking about grabbing an EPS-16 Plus as well while I'm binging on Ensoniq. Thank goodness for Syntaur.com!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241  Next [all]
Page 238 of 241